Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234
Current Page: 4 of 4
Re: Track Talk: Midnight Rambler
Posted by: DoomandGloom ()
Date: February 7, 2013 03:32

Who knows what tuning KR uses on Ya Ya's version of MR and where he puts the capo?? I think it's different than what he does these days.

Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: February 7, 2013 03:34

DoomandGloom
Who knows what tuning KR uses on Ya Ya's version of MR and where he puts the capo?? I think it's different than what he does these days.

Standard tuning, capo at 7th fret.

Posted by: slew ()
Date: February 7, 2013 03:42

The Brussels version is one of the finest pieces of rock music I haver ever heard. I love this song. I forget about it sometimes and then listen to it and it is right up near the top of my favorites. I like the studi version but the Ya-Ya's version and Brussels are sublime. I also loved the version on the pay per view that was smoking. Great blues rock.

Date: February 7, 2013 15:05

DoomandGloom

Same as today. However, the brilliant Ampeg sound is hard to replicate...

Posted by: kleermaker ()
Date: February 7, 2013 19:49

I love this version too:

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: April 28, 2024 15:08

Mamma Mia! I happen to be right at the moment in Positano. The pittoresque Amalfi Coast town in where Mick and Keith wrote this dark masterpiece. Odd to think them, Mick with harmonica and Keith with guitar, going through the song piece by piece in some of these cafes... The contrast is so huge!

Anyway, if this town is pittoresque, it is damn touristique as well. Sutely it was different back then when Mick and Keith visited the place.

- Doxa

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2024-04-28 15:09 by Doxa.

Posted by: 1963luca0 ()
Date: April 28, 2024 18:14

It the time they teamed up with Mario Schifano and his connections.
In Positano, Schifano, MJ, KR and girlfriends were hosts of Franco Zeffirelli in his villa. The biography book of Mario Schifano covers their holiday pretty well.

Posted by: 1963luca0 ()
Date: April 28, 2024 18:15

Moreover, Schifano’s habits and attitudes are the main inspiration for the lyrics of Monkey Man, also written in Positano.

Goto Page: Previous1234
Current Page: 4 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1862
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home