Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: HELP: is my ticket fake????
Posted by: Beast of Babylon ()
Date: December 9, 2012 12:59

yeah, and my 8th stones show, was by far the best, im gonna email a full review tomorrow

Posted by: odean73 ()
Date: December 9, 2012 13:07

Glad to hear you got in.

Posted by: crumbling_mice ()
Date: December 9, 2012 13:37

Good to hear your family sorted you out...it must be hell to find out on the day of the show that your ticket is a fake. There really are some low life scum bags out there. Many years ago I went to an AC/Dc gig in the Uk and risked buying a ticket outside the venue from a tout...it was cheap compared to the normal prices and I got to the turnstile to be told it was indeed a fake. I tried arguing with the guy but he wasn't going to let me in. I walked around to the back of the arena where they take the trucks in and told the guy there and showed him the fake ticket. He was so pissed off on my behalf he walked way back to the car parks to see if we could find the twat who sold me it - we couldn't he had legged it with mine and who knows how many others' money. Anyway he told me to hang around until the show started. I did and after the support act had been on he came back out and gave me a pass! I not only got in, but got a really good seat. I took this guys name and contact details and later that month sent him a crate of real ale (he had told me he loved real ale) as my way of a pay back. I know the pass didn't cost him anything but he really went out of his way. Lucky for the tout that we didn't find him as this guy would have killed him!

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: December 9, 2012 13:52

Beast of Babylon
my brother and sister in law found out and bought a ticket for me

WOW, great family you have. I am glad you got in after all

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Date: December 9, 2012 13:53

Bliss
make sure you contact your credit card company to do a chargeback for the counterfeit ticket, and report it to the authorities.

Yes, very important.

-------------------

Date: December 9, 2012 13:55

crumbling_mice
risked buying a ticket outside

Great story, and what a great way it worked out for you eventually.

-------------------

Posted by: JaIsNotDead ()
Date: December 9, 2012 19:15

There were so many ads on CL that were for fake tickets. Talked to a guy in the will call line last night who got burned for a $700 fake ticket. If you wiped out all these scumbag sellers no one would care. They are leeches and add no value to society. i have no sympathy. Everyone buying seats for the Newark shows be careful and don't buy without some type of proof of purchase.

Posted by: 6s7s9s ()
Date: December 9, 2012 21:27

This was a great message thread for info and warnings on what to look for on fake tickets.

Thanks for posting it, thanks to all who contributed and glad you got in.

Posted by: memphiscats ()
Date: December 9, 2012 22:09

Great story, mice.
Beast - so happy you got in with your brother's help.
I'm a sucker for happy endings! smoking smiley

Posted by: Beast of Babylon ()
Date: December 10, 2012 11:53

Thanks guys, i was just so grateful to be there, although the people around me must think im crazy and know every lyric and spend all 2 and a half hours imatating keith. anyway, here is the craigslist ad.... im also gonna post the guys email and cell he called me on, just as a reference not to stay away from this guy

[newyork.craigslist.org]

Bobby Samson <[email protected]>

347-636-7556

Posted by: lamemodem2 ()
Date: December 10, 2012 20:28

I'm glad the story had a happy ending. That is one hell of a good looking fake ticket. I don't think I'll ever trust the secondary market again.

Posted by: twinkie ()
Date: December 10, 2012 22:32

bottom line no barcode no enter period !!!

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2189
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home