Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Miss You B-stage
Posted by: Dayokay ()
Date: January 10, 2005 23:56

This song evokes a fair amount of negative press, but I love it. Well, many versions anyway. I love the KBFH one (allegedly) from memphis 1978. I thought the banglore 2003 was very lame indeed, and didn't think much of any ofthe few 2003 versions I heard. Lowpoint has to be the Flashpoint ones with barely any guitar, and synth-harmonica riff.

Anyhow, I see they did a b-stage version on the Licks tour? I wondered if this meant it was a cool guitar driven version? Can someone e-mail it to me? Failing that, please tell me if it's as good as I hope?

Dayokay

Re: Miss You B-stage
Posted by: erikjjf ()
Date: January 11, 2005 00:07

I witnessed a very nice guitar- and harmonica-driven version at Giants Stadium. Very different from the 1989-1998 full band version.

Posted by: JumpingKentFlash ()
Date: January 11, 2005 00:41

There's some very good versions on the bootleg "Gorgeous Girls Redux" from the '78 tour. And they're very guitar driven.

JumpingKentFlash

Posted by: R ()
Date: January 11, 2005 00:55

"Very different from the 1989-1998 full band version."

I should hope so. The turgid 1998 version was even worse than the '89 version w/ the fake harmonica,

Posted by: BOBM ()
Date: January 11, 2005 02:24

The Licks versions were short and good. I was at the Giants Stadium show and I also saw Miss You at Foxboro on the B-stage (also I heard the soundcheck, during which they did the B-stage numbers, Shattered, Beast of Burden, Miss You.)

Posted by: Dayokay ()
Date: January 11, 2005 02:56

So can anyone e-mail me the Foxboro b-stage version? I'd love to hear it.

Dayo

PS Just ordered Fort Worth & Aux Abbatoirs DVDs (birthday presents to myself). I am excited!

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: January 11, 2005 09:28

Miss You worked well at Stade de France to.
By the way, I liked the version they played during the voodoo lonunge and bridges to babylon tours.

Posted by: sjs12 ()
Date: January 11, 2005 12:55

I saw it at Stade de France too. They did it with Mick on real harmonica, the boys + Chuck + Bobby Keys : no gimmics. It was short and sweet and much more bluesy than other live versions I have heard. It was more like the versions played on the 78 tour than any other.

I was right up at the B stage for that gig but the sound wasn't too good for some reason.

Posted by: wild_horse_pete ()
Date: January 11, 2005 15:14

I loved the `82 version from the ghotenburg concert. It`s really guitar focussed, with a raw edge.

Posted by: Hang Fire ()
Date: January 11, 2005 16:49

wild_horse_pete Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I loved the `82 version from the ghotenburg
> concert. It`s really guitar focussed, with a raw
> edge.
>

------------------------

I always loved the whole 81/82-tour because of it's guitar focus and raw edge. Saw several shows (Rotterdam, Hannover and Paris).

'In the sweet old country...'

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: January 11, 2005 17:12

Yeah I agree they played Miss You well at the 1978 tour, especially on my bootleg from Memphis.

Posted by: Wuudy ()
Date: January 11, 2005 17:35

The '78 version is the best IMO. I love the song, also the '89/'98 version. They were maybe strechted a bit to long over the years but i think they did that more for the perfomnce (Lisa walking around, Ronnie playing with Bobbie) than that it was meant for the playing.
I also was at the Stade France show and i thought it was a very cool version. Much more bluesy espescially with Mick playing the harp!

Cheers,
Wuudy

Date: January 12, 2005 06:24

If anyone is interested, I have a double cd that has 17 differnt versions of the song. including at at least 2 from each tour since 78, if anyone would wanna trade i would be more than happy to. Including 4 from the licks tour(2 bstage, to A Stage) Peace

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2036
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home