Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Ben Waters
Posted by: KentishMen ()
Date: December 5, 2012 11:22

Sent by Ben Waters this morning:

It's been a really hectic time over the last 12 months. This time last year I was in a studio with all of the Rolling Stones, Charlie Watts, Keith Richards, Mick Jagger, Ronnie Wood and Bill Wyman, having a jam for 3 days. It was a great experience to do this and one I will always remember. They didn’t ask me to do the O2 dates with them unfortunately, but I have to say that I am a big fan of their long time piano player Chuck Leavel and they couldn’t have anyone better for the job and, who knows, maybe I will have another chance to play with them and Chuck again some time. Spending a bit of time with them really showed me that they just love music and are very good at it. Congratulations to them on 50 years of playing together and getting 5 star reviews from their recent shows!

My year continued to be a whirlwind covering over 100,000 miles, 15 countries and 130 concerts!

Re: Ben Waters
Date: December 5, 2012 11:33

thumbs up

Posted by: MartinB ()
Date: December 5, 2012 12:27

it seems he sort of hoped to be invited - he would have blended beautifully.

Posted by: beepee2 ()
Date: December 5, 2012 13:03

As a boogie player certainly, but Stones are not all about boogie, how about playing Lady Jane's cembalo ?

Posted by: tomcasagranda ()
Date: December 5, 2012 13:09

Ideal fit on Short and Curlies, or Hide Your Love.

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: December 5, 2012 17:16

another thumbs-up for the chuckmeister! long live chuck!

Date: December 5, 2012 17:22

Well since Chuck is way too standard, w/ not boogie feeling atou, of course I say yes, but again' it'll never happen.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1052
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home