Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Please tell me why you love the Rolling Stones so much...
Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: December 4, 2012 03:04

They make me happy. smiling smiley

Date: December 4, 2012 03:06

latebloomer
They make me happy. smiling smiley

All Down The Line Baby...

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: December 4, 2012 03:15

StonesTod
if i had to pick one thing, i'd have to go with their shoes. they put on really good shoes.

I don't recall any toe cleavage?

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: December 4, 2012 03:19

See all the young ladies faces turn sad
As they watch the suicide nurses play Tempest like mad
And the old men beg for some noise and the lives that they once had........................

ROCKMAN

Posted by: stringpull ()
Date: December 4, 2012 03:29

.....cause were all in the band

Posted by: stonesdan60 ()
Date: December 4, 2012 03:58

It's hard to really put into words. For me their music is like a drug. They create a sound and groove that's totally unique to them and it just makes me feel good whenever I hear that often imitated, never duplicated sound created by Keith's guitar and Charlie's drums. And that's just the tip of the iceberg. Then there's the Mick. No one comes close...the great legacy of songs...the excitement they create in concert...the attitude.....They play from the heart. It resonates with something deep inside. As Keith once said, "It's in the bones.".....And from all the videos posted of their recent London shows....they've amazingly still got it and Keith is the best he's been in many years. It's almost scary how these guys pushing seventy can just flat out rock...and it still resonates in the bones....and the aural drug is still a potent high.

Date: December 4, 2012 04:14

stonesdan60
It's hard to really put into words. For me their music is like a drug. They create a sound and groove that's totally unique to them and it just makes me feel good whenever I hear that often imitated, never duplicated sound created by Keith's guitar and Charlie's drums. And that's just the tip of the iceberg. Then there's the Mick. No one comes close...the great legacy of songs...the excitement they create in concert...the attitude.....They play from the heart. It resonates with something deep inside. As Keith once said, "It's in the bones.".....And from all the videos posted of their recent London shows....they've amazingly still got it and Keith is the best he's been in many years. It's almost scary how these guys pushing seventy can just flat out rock...and it still resonates in the bones....and the aural drug is still a potent high.

God damm you bastard I love you.

Stones.

Date: December 4, 2012 04:32

steel driving hammer
stonesdan60

God damm you bastard I love you.

Stones.

thumbs up smileys with beer Rock on friend...to VERY LOUD STONES MUSIC!!!!

Posted by: golfjen2001 ()
Date: December 4, 2012 05:24

It,s quite simple since 1962 THE BEST BAR BAND IN THE WORLD. Simple hard driving entertaining!!!!I frist saw them in montreal 1969 I've been addictted since one hell of a drink.

Posted by: gipsy12 ()
Date: December 4, 2012 07:17

stonesdan60

thumbs up

Date: December 4, 2012 11:52

gipsy12
stonesdan60

thumbs up

I have to say my observations are not entirely original although I totally agree with them. They are based on some of Keith's (stoned out?) comments in interviews and his book - that possibly there is in our DNA some kind of primal memory or sub-conscious memory of our origins and the emotions experienced when the first humans to discover the joy of creating musical sounds by banging rocks together or fashioning instruments that made musical sounds. Keith - being a self-taught player who (thank God!) never diluted his natural talents by taking formal lessons plays from the soul and somehow captures that primal joy that resonates with something deep inside us. Charlie locks right into that and I would go on for way too long if I tried to get into how the rest of the band makes it gel. It's something primitive. It's REAL. And it resonates.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-12-04 12:33 by stonesdan60.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1414
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home