Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Uncut Brian Jones fest & free cd!
Posted by: Tseverin ()
Date: January 8, 2005 17:29

If you haven't purchased it already check out your local newsagent: there's a great cover shot of Mick, Keith & Brian from '65 and inside 14 pages on Brian Jones. This includes an on the set report from the new BJ movie, short piece by the Loog & supposed new revelations about his death. It also features this classic line from Anita:
"Brian did break up a lot of things by going to bed with Mick. And I think Mick always resented him for having fallen for it."

Good cd of Stones influences too (15 tracks)

Re: Uncut Brian Jones fest & free cd!
Posted by: sf37 ()
Date: January 8, 2005 18:39

Thanks for the tip! The name of the magazine is "Uncut", correct?

Date: January 8, 2005 19:30

Yes, that's right.

Another fascinating story to emerge is that Brian's body was preserved in burial in such a way that with today's forensic technology, it will be possible to determine the true cause of death? "Why did someone have Brian's body embalmed, his hair bleached white, buried at such an unusual depth and in an airtight sealed metal casket, which was reportedly organised in the US by Bob Dylan and flown in specially from the States? Did these factors have anything to do with insurance or blackmail?"

Also fascinating stuff about a friend of Brian's called Nicholas Fitzgerald who claims he was sleeping with Brian at the time(!), who visited Cotchford Farm on the night of Brian's death with a friend called Richard Cadbury approaching it from the back via Bluebell Wood, in time to see three people holding Brian under the water while a man and woman watched.He claimed that he and his friend were chased away from the bushes by a Stones employee with glasses and a cockney accent- thus identifying Tom Keylock, who has admitted ejecting two men from the property while giving different timings... Hmmm, why didn't he go to the police or the press the following day when he heard that Brian was dead, I ask myself.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: January 9, 2005 11:22

I would love to hear Bob's take on this one. What utter garbage, and UNCUT will probably cost $14.00 with the CD attached.

Date: January 9, 2005 14:18

Apparently it is the case that Brian was buried in a brass casket, whether or not Mr Zimmerman organised it. They were friends so I suppose it is vaguely possible.
Uncut cost just over £4 in England.

Posted by: Pserchia ()
Date: January 9, 2005 20:32

The 15 tracks on the "free" CD are:
Elmore James, Dust My Broom
Jimmy Reed, Bright Lights Big City
Buddy Holly, Bo Diddley
Big Joe Williams, Baby Please Don't Go
Sonny Terry & Brownie McGhee, Whoopin' the Blues
Albert King, Born Under a Bad Sign
Howlin' Wolf, My Baby Walked Off
Bobby Womack, It's All Over Now
Muddy Waters, I Got My Mojo Workin'
Ike & Tina Turner, It's Gonna Work Out Fine
Robert Johnson, Love in Vain
Gene Allison, You Can Make It If You Try
Big Bill Broonzy, Key to the Highway
John Lee Hooker, This Is Hip
Art Neville & the Meters, Bo Diddley

Posted by: The GR ()
Date: January 11, 2005 14:07

Nicolas Fitzgerald wrote a book about 20 years ago so his revelations are nothing new.

I'm still waiting for some one to officially put out the Degree Of Murder soundtrack because Brian will be a member of the Stones 1962-69 until there is some solo work available to raise his profile in its own right.

Date: January 12, 2005 22:32

This issue is the UK version, is in not? I can't find it anywhere here in Canada.....

Date: January 13, 2005 11:04

Hey GR, what was the title of this book by Nicolas Fitzgerald?

Posted by: The GR ()
Date: January 13, 2005 13:56

It was Foundation Stone published around 84/85. Can't remember it being that good, the Mandy Aftel was pretty much the benchmark until Golden Stone.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: January 13, 2005 14:28

sf37 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> This issue is the UK version, is in not? I can't
> find it anywhere here in Canada.....

I presumed the UK version is the ONLY version, surely.

Its only been out here for about a week. The impression I get from fans in North America is that you usually dont see it in the shops there for a couple of weeks after us at least

Posted by: john r ()
Date: January 13, 2005 20:18

That's a pretty good free cd comp. The Neville/Meters 'Bo Diddley' (I have it on a great New Orleans comp, 'Get Down Low 1965 - 67') is worth the price of admission. My copy of the N. Fitzgerald (Guiness heir - I assume related to B's friend Tara Browne) book called just "Brian Jones" (Putnam, 1985) has lots of reconstructed (badly) dialog & when I read it it seemed very self-serving.

Date: January 13, 2005 20:55

Thanks Gazza. I'll have a look again for the magazine here after a few weeks. The one on the shelf here right now features Bob Dylan on the cover.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2373
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home