Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Rolling Stones plans for 2013..
Posted by: wolfattheboard ()
Date: December 2, 2012 13:34

So.. after being rejected entry to the second O2 show due to purchasing fake tickets sad smiley I am very interested in what The Rolling Stones plans will be for 2013 (esp for the UK)

Are we expecting stadiums?

Will the tickets be cheaper?

Glastonbury 2013? eFestivals is the most reliable website for festival news.. and so far Rolling Stones are the only headliner listed as a 'Strong Rumour'. Got my ticket for Glastonbury so I am hoping and hoping...!

Thanks.

Re: Rolling Stones plans for 2013..
Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: December 2, 2012 13:43

wolfattheboard
So.. after being rejected entry to the second O2 show due to purchasing fake tickets sad smiley I am very interested in what The Rolling Stones plans will be for 2013 (esp for the UK)

Glastonbury 2013? eFestivals is the most reliable website for festival news.. and so far Rolling Stones are the only headliner listed as a 'Strong Rumour'. Got my ticket for Glastonbury so I am hoping and hoping...!

Thanks.

O noooooooooooooooooooooooo, how the hell did that happen ? What's the full story on that ? How terrible, jeez. So sorry for you.

Yes, I'm curious as well to know what their plans might be for 2013. Time will tell.

I only hope they come back to Europe and do a few shows here n' there ...

Glastonbury ? My own opinion is that if they don't do it in 2013, they'll probably never do it.

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: December 2, 2012 13:50

wolfattheboard

... after being rejected entry to the second O2 show due to purchasing fake tickets sad smiley

That's the reason why I do not buy e-Tickets from other sources than the official ones. Who knows how many copies were printed from the PDF file .....

Would you tell us how much did you lost?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-12-02 14:00 by Irix.

Posted by: wolfattheboard ()
Date: December 2, 2012 14:03

Thanks for the sympathy.

Well.. I bought them on the day of the concert from a seller on Gumtree who said he could give a good price because he urgently needed to recoup some cash for these tickets- We agreed on a really good price (£160 for a pair of tickets)- when I met with him I was slightly suspicious, but the tickets looked absolutely real.

He said he would be attending the concert himself and would be sitting next to me- I made an agreement that I would pay him £80 now and £80 when we were together inside. He reluctantly agreed to this..

Anyway- I paid him half of the agreed price, and then went to Double8Tickets office in London (VIP tickets site...), they looked over my tickets and told me they were "100% genuine" and I've got a very good price for them. So I happily walked off..

Then later as I got to the O2.. went through security.. got to the ticket scanner- and it wouldn't scan sad smiley then the ticket scanner handed the ticket to her supervisor, he compared it to a real ticket and said "this looks genuine to me, don't worry it might just be a problem with the scanner".. and then took it to another supervisor who told us they were counterfeit sad smiley
There was another 2 people who came with us to the ticket office to get a briefing of what would happen (the tickets are now with them, and situation being investigated). Unfortunately the other 2 people with us lost £500. I know I got off pretty lucky as I didn't pay much, and glad I made the deal to pay the other half when inside, but still- I was so hyped up for the gig and ultimately very dissapointed.

But yeah.. I've never seen the stones before and really want to, so I hope they come back to the UK

edit: Irix, they were not e-tickets- they looked exactly like the normal tickets

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-12-02 14:04 by wolfattheboard.

Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: December 2, 2012 14:10

Wembley Stadium June. Springsteen is already booked to play there and when they put on shows there they have several in a row to make it worth their while.

Posted by: The Worst. ()
Date: December 2, 2012 14:16

paulywaul
wolfattheboard

Thanks.

O noooooooooooooooooooooooo, how the hell did that happen ? What's the full story on that ? How terrible, jeez. So sorry for you.

Yes, I'm curious as well to know what their plans might be for 2013. Time will tell.

Glastonbury ? My own opinion is that if they don't do it in 2013, they'll probably never do it.

When I collected my tickets at the O2 box office (they got lost in mail), they told me that hundreds of people had turned up with fake tickets.

Date: December 2, 2012 14:30

wolfattheboard

... he compared it to a real ticket and said "this looks genuine to me, don't worry it might just be a problem with the scanner".. and then took it to another supervisor who told us they were counterfeit sad smiley

Thanks for your openness.

That seems to have been professional counterfeits, such as bank notes.

Now we are warned for the next concerts. A lost of £80 is not nice but to get over - unlike £500 .....

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-12-02 14:35 by Irix.

Posted by: straycatuk ()
Date: December 2, 2012 14:57

Thanks for telling us this as we paid big money on ebay to get in the pit . Luckily ours were genuine,but it's a real concern if you have to worry about actual tickets, not just the printable ones.Sorry you got ripped off and I hope you get to see them next year.

sc uk

Date: December 2, 2012 15:09

wolfattheboard
Thanks for the sympathy.

Well.. I bought them on the day of the concert from a seller on Gumtree who said he could give a good price because he urgently needed to recoup some cash for these tickets- We agreed on a really good price (£160 for a pair of tickets)- when I met with him I was slightly suspicious, but the tickets looked absolutely real.

He said he would be attending the concert himself and would be sitting next to me- I made an agreement that I would pay him £80 now and £80 when we were together inside. He reluctantly agreed to this..

Anyway- I paid him half of the agreed price, and then went to Double8Tickets office in London (VIP tickets site...), they looked over my tickets and told me they were "100% genuine" and I've got a very good price for them. So I happily walked off..

Then later as I got to the O2.. went through security.. got to the ticket scanner- and it wouldn't scan sad smiley then the ticket scanner handed the ticket to her supervisor, he compared it to a real ticket and said "this looks genuine to me, don't worry it might just be a problem with the scanner".. and then took it to another supervisor who told us they were counterfeit sad smiley
There was another 2 people who came with us to the ticket office to get a briefing of what would happen (the tickets are now with them, and situation being investigated). Unfortunately the other 2 people with us lost £500. I know I got off pretty lucky as I didn't pay much, and glad I made the deal to pay the other half when inside, but still- I was so hyped up for the gig and ultimately very dissapointed.

But yeah.. I've never seen the stones before and really want to, so I hope they come back to the UK

edit: Irix, they were not e-tickets- they looked exactly like the normal tickets

OK, thanks for clarifying that, I thought for one dreadful moment you were talking about downloadable "e-tickets" that you print at home.

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: December 2, 2012 15:19

I wonder how secondary resellers verify that the tickets they resell are genuine...I think Seatwave only pay the seller one week after the event so that probably takes care of it, but what about double8 especially since they thought they were legit? The holograms on the actual tickets didn't seem very elaborate I must say but there was a tell tale sign if the supervisor was able to spot them immediately.

Anyway I hear there will indeed be shows in 2013 so you'll get another shot at seeing them. No details at this point, hopefully they'll figure out a way to do it that keeps them motivated and won't be as ridiculously priced...

Posted by: RobertJohnson ()
Date: December 2, 2012 15:24

Wish list:

1. The five anniversary gigs as download on the Archive

2. An album, blues-focused with Bill Wyman and Mick Taylor

3. Stripped down shows, no Chuck, no choir, a setting like in 78, in addition MT and BW.

4. More archive releases like Mocambo, Brian years, 69 tour

5. An archive flat, in succession great performances from the beginning to ...

6. Using the song writing abilities of Ronnie Wood

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-12-02 15:39 by RobertJohnson.

Date: December 2, 2012 15:27

gotdablouse
I wonder how secondary resellers verify that the tickets they resell are genuine...I think Seatwave only pay the seller one week after the event so that probably takes care of it, but what about double8 especially since they thought they were legit? The holograms on the actual tickets didn't seem very elaborate I must say but there was a tell tale sign if the supervisor was able to spot them immediately.

Anyway I hear there will indeed be shows in 2013 so you'll get another shot at seeing them. No details at this point, hopefully they'll figure out a way to do it that keeps them motivated and won't be as ridiculously priced...

A way to keep themselves notivated ? Yes they ought to be able to figure that out. I guess it's to do a limited number of shows and simply not embark on a massive tour ....

Not so ridiculously priced ? Hmm ... well I don't think they give a monkey's about ticket prices to be honest, I just can't imagine they'll be less than for these five gigs. I'd be staggered if they were ...

Maybe if they chose to play in a cheaper hemisphere where the cost of living is altogether less than U.S. & Europe, but otherwise not I think.

Posted by: jamesjagger ()
Date: December 2, 2012 15:35

RobertJohnson
Wish list:

3. Stripped down shows, no Chuck, no choir, a setting like in 78, in addition MT and BW.

1+++

plus some arena shows around the globe, some festivals, som free concerts (hyde park, central park, berlin reichstag)
NO stadium shows!

Date: December 2, 2012 15:35

Sign me up! Oh and a new album as mentioned by Mick would be nice too!

@paulywaul - My thoughts too, but I've seen hints that there would be a "lot of shows" in 2013 so I'm not sure what to think. If the stage can be scaled (looks like it might) maybe it can be stretched for some stadium shows next summer, that could be fun and add some extra motivation compared to arena shows...both as a challenge and to maintain/increase the overall gross.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-12-02 15:37 by gotdablouse.

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: December 2, 2012 16:26

About "fake" tickets: How can you be sure that those scanners works with a 100 % reliability? You might have a perfectly legit ticket that doesn't "pass" through the scanner.
My experience is that that very few technical devices works with a 100 % reliability.

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: December 2, 2012 16:29

Ziggodome amsterdam, with Bill and Mick Taylor.
ian mclagan instead of Chuck leavell.

and fairly priced please

jeroen

Date: December 2, 2012 16:55

Stoneage

How can you be sure that those scanners works with a 100 % reliability? You might have a perfectly legit ticket that doesn't "pass" through the scanner.

It's the same as in the Supermarket: if the scanner don't read the barcode, you can type in the article number manually. Should also be possible with the tickets, if they contain a unique serial number.

If the ticket is still rejected, an investigation is required as with banknotes whether they genuine or not .....

Posted by: ladywilliam ()
Date: December 2, 2012 17:07

The Worst.
paulywaul
wolfattheboard

Thanks.

When I collected my tickets at the O2 box office (they got lost in mail), they told me that hundreds of people had turned up with fake tickets.

That is very scary. I am really sorry for you and others.
Losing money is bad enough, but I don't know how much I will get angry if I missed the show.

So we need to get tickets for the next tour from the reliable sites.

Posted by: The Worst. ()
Date: December 2, 2012 18:10

ladywilliam
The Worst.
paulywaul
wolfattheboard

Thanks.

That is very scary. I am really sorry for you and others.
Losing money is bad enough, but I don't know how much I will get angry if I missed the show.

So we need to get tickets for the next tour from the reliable sites.

Hopefully I got my tickets. Maybe I made my self unclear.
But the point is that hundreds didn't get their tickets. And it must be a terrible feeling turning up believing you're about to see the stones just to find out you're f**ked.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-12-02 18:11 by The Worst..

Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: December 2, 2012 20:07

There is always a risk if you buy tickets direct from sellers. People complain about viagogo and stubhub, but the reason that these companies stay in business despite their high service charges is that they guarantee tickets, thereby creating a market for secondary sales. Unless you have a lot of experience buying tickets, I would be very wary about paying $800+ for tickets from an individual seller. Better to go through stubhub, etc.

Date: December 2, 2012 21:15

drbryant
There is always a risk if you buy tickets direct from sellers. People complain about viagogo and stubhub, but the reason that these companies stay in business despite their high service charges is that they guarantee tickets, thereby creating a market for secondary sales. Unless you have a lot of experience buying tickets, I would be very wary about paying $800+ for tickets from an individual seller. Better to go through stubhub, etc.

I've only ever once had a bad experience buying off ebay, it was for Tom Petty in London. Paid with PayPal, and then never heard another thing from the seller again. No ticket purchase confirmation, no tickets, nothing. I had a right battle with PayPal to get money back, but eventually with help from my bank - I succeeded. Has completely put me off both ebay AND PayPal to be honest.

Posted by: crumbling_mice ()
Date: December 2, 2012 21:27

THose tales of ticket scams make my blood boil...the whole ticket issuing system needs a massive overhaul. The only people losing out are the fans and ironically the whole system from the artists to the ticketing agancies would be non existent without us.

I can't understand why the artists dont adopt the Radiohead approach - cut out the ticket agancies altogether and ask fans to turn up with photo evidence. Similar to Glastonbury. Which brings me on to there plans for 2013, since I couldn't afford a ticket for the London shows and have Glastonbury ticket I'm really hoping they will turn up. Ronnie has said he would love to play there but said they will get the 5 shows out of the way first before making any decisions.

I'm guessing that since the two London shows were a massive success, the same will follow in the US and that will encourage them to embark on more shows around the world culminating with Glastonbury! That would be epic seeing them on the Pyramid stage and would go down as a legendary performance I'm sure.

Date: December 2, 2012 22:04

crumbling_mice
THose tales of ticket scams make my blood boil...the whole ticket issuing system needs a massive overhaul. The only people losing out are the fans and ironically the whole system from the artists to the ticketing agancies would be non existent without us.

I can't understand why the artists dont adopt the Radiohead approach - cut out the ticket agancies altogether and ask fans to turn up with photo evidence. Similar to Glastonbury. Which brings me on to there plans for 2013, since I couldn't afford a ticket for the London shows and have Glastonbury ticket I'm really hoping they will turn up. Ronnie has said he would love to play there but said they will get the 5 shows out of the way first before making any decisions.

I'm guessing that since the two London shows were a massive success, the same will follow in the US and that will encourage them to embark on more shows around the world culminating with Glastonbury! That would be epic seeing them on the Pyramid stage and would go down as a legendary performance I'm sure.

I'm sure, yes.

Posted by: Ladykiller ()
Date: December 3, 2012 00:46

wolfattheboard
Thanks for the sympathy.

I'm so sorry, that this bad thing happened to you. Do you have a name, phonenumber or address of this seller? If so, sue this person!!

Date: December 3, 2012 08:28

Getting back to the main subject, which is the Stones plan for 2013. After having been at the Thursday show, there is no doubt in my mind that the stage set and the backing screen were designed for use in larger venues. There is no way that they would design something as elaborate as this for a five-date tour. They are taking this on the road, and the objective is stadiums. I would expect some lower prices, which will be justified based on (i) size of the venue; and (ii) the fact that the current shows are "special" anniversary gigs with many guest artists. Of course, the prime tickets (the pit, and floor areas in front and to the sides of the pit) will continue to be VIP pricess. And I am sure that the average seat price will break the record for stadiums, but it should be lower than what they are charging for Brooklyn/New Jersey.

Let's hope for an announcement in early January, with shows starting in February/March (they are ready to go, obviously) in South America or perhaps Japan (all domed stadiums)/Australia, followed by the US and Europe when the weather warms up.

Posted by: backstreetboy1 ()
Date: December 3, 2012 09:04

ronnies never gonna write a stones song,aint happening.

Posted by: Doc ()
Date: December 3, 2012 10:51

RobertJohnson
Wish list:

6. Using the song writing abilities of Ronnie Wood

Wish #3 is almost impossible but the Stones + Chuck and Bobby would be fine for me.
Still, having seen then at Mogador, Chuck and Darryl are not as good on backing vocals than Bernard. There was a huge difference between the quality of BV's on the 1st songs without BF and the ones after he showed up.

Date: December 3, 2012 12:55

Check the websites of the individual bandmembers (Chuck, Tim, Bobby, Fowler, etc.). Do any of them have gigs scheduled early next year? If not, I suspect that a tour is on.

Posted by: Grison ()
Date: December 3, 2012 13:44

drbryant
Getting back to the main subject, which is the Stones plan for 2013. After having been at the Thursday show, there is no doubt in my mind that the stage set and the backing screen were designed for use in larger venues. There is no way that they would design something as elaborate as this for a five-date tour. They are taking this on the road, and the objective is stadiums. I would expect some lower prices, which will be justified based on (i) size of the venue; and (ii) the fact that the current shows are "special" anniversary gigs with many guest artists. Of course, the prime tickets (the pit, and floor areas in front and to the sides of the pit) will continue to be VIP pricess. And I am sure that the average seat price will break the record for stadiums, but it should be lower than what they are charging for Brooklyn/New Jersey.

Let's hope for an announcement in early January, with shows starting in February/March (they are ready to go, obviously) in South America or perhaps Japan (all domed stadiums)/Australia, followed by the US and Europe when the weather warms up.

@drbryant: I cannot agree with you on the points of a stadium tour. The stage is clearly designed for big arenas and perhapy bigger ones than o2, but I doubt if they take the risk for a full scale stadium tour and adding also a new stage. I saw that all band members felt very comfortable to stay so close together, which I have hardly seen on stadiumstages, and Mick can act his dancing without losing the spirit to sing as well.
I had some talks to people who told me about "insider news and a projected European tour in 13, but I am still very reluctant to that.
If we get a tour again, it might be a 19song 100 minute think like we used to have and didn't like either.
I rather think that they will have announcements of 5-7 arena type concerts in short notice. This is also cheaper for insurance, risk of cancellation and healthaspects. but then again I might be wrong.

Date: December 3, 2012 13:56

That scenario would make sense indeed but it seems to me the stage could be scalable, that metal structure, inflatable lips and teeth...so they're probably keeping their options open.

The question is whether they'll keep the motivation now that they've proved they can still put up a fantastic show for their 50th anniversary. Sure they rehearsed very hard for that, but so did Led Zeppelin in 2007 for their single 02 show and that was it.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1108
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home