Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3
Re: So, now when the buzz is over...
Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: December 3, 2012 01:34

Gazza

And if you believe that they will, you'll believe anything.

>grinning smiley<

Date: December 3, 2012 01:41

The buzz is not over, they play again for another round in just 5 short days...

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: December 3, 2012 01:43

StonesTod
Max'sKansasCity
Seems some think that grumpy is fashionable.

it's certainly trendy...and well on it's way to becoming fashionable. grumps rock.

Yeah... it was just a matter of time before grunge... or grumpunge... or something... was going to make a come back... at least it explains Afghanistan

Date: December 3, 2012 01:46

steel driving hammer

YES!!! As a smart man said ... STONES!!!!
and I am not even fkn going... but I am happy they are still going strong.

but it doesnt matter what, or how, much they do...
it will never be good enough for some people....
because The Stones can not make it 1972 again....

The moral?
someone needs to hurry the fk up with that iphone time machine

Date: December 3, 2012 01:52

Max'sKansasCity
steel driving hammer

YES!!! As a smart man said ... STONES!!!!
and I am not even fkn going... but I am happy they are still going strong.

but it doesnt matter what, or how, much they do...
it will never be good enough for some people....
because The Stones can not make it 1972 again....

Yeah I'm not going either, unless they play Chicago.

Gotta see them one last time you know, and I saved some money for Mick & the Boys this time.

If I don't go, I'll just spend a little on Women, Wine and Song...

The moral?
someone needs to hurry the fk up with that iphone time machine

Posted by: flacnvinyl ()
Date: December 3, 2012 06:26

Gazza
No matter how brilliant it was, those prices are still (to me) unjustifiable for any form of entertainment. Other people's mileage may vary of course.

Amen. As a hardcore fan I really wanted (and could have gone) to the shows in NJ. The Stones simply have no business charging those prices. I don't know why everyone here feels the need to drink the koolaid. You can still be an ardent fan and dumbfounded by the prices.

I hope they play some gigs where the prices are reasonable. If that means larger venues without Taylor/Wyman/guests, then so be it.

Right now, they are gouging their fans and that puts a sour taste in my mouth..
(StoneTod I set up the pins for you on that last one)

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: December 3, 2012 07:25

First time I saw them I was 16 (in '75) and it was a hardship to
scrape together the dough, but WELL worth it.

Many shows later, and many more "hardships" to rationalize the cheap seat expense,
I now am in a position where it's not such a hardship and I don't have to scrape, but I still bought a "cheap" seat, and I'm sure it's going to be well worth it.

It's all relative.

Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: December 3, 2012 12:01

paulywaul
Stoneage
Now that we know what we are getting: 1/3 rarities and new songs (D&G and OMS), 2-3 guestspots (incl old stones) and 2/3 standard repertoire; Was it worth the extra pounds and dollars spent on tickets?
Did the show extravaganza compensate for the sky-high ticket prices? Are you Americans still eager to pay 3 times more than ordinary prices for your tickets? Just wondering...

Honest opinion ... as a Brit who went to both London shows and is also going to all American shows ? I think that the willingness to pay these sorts of prices in the States is less than in UK. I might be proved wrong, but I have just looked at pit ticket prices on STUBHUB for the Brooklyn show, they start at around $1080 and go up from there. I NEVER saw any pit ticket that "cheap" on any of the UK reselling sites, that's because ultimately there were enough people prepared to pay all of that figure and even MORE on top - to get into that pit. In the States, I don't think there's quite the same willingness to shell out that kind of $$$$$$$s ..... pit or not.

I might be proved wrong come the day, but that's how it strikes me anyway.

Pit tickets were being sold for £645 at one point on one of those secondary sites Paul, I think it was Seatwave.

Date: December 3, 2012 12:05

Stoneage
Now that we know what we are getting: 1/3 rarities and new songs (D&G and OMS), 2-3 guestspots (incl old stones) and 2/3 standard repertoire; Was it worth the extra pounds and dollars spent on tickets?
Did the show extravaganza compensate for the sky-high ticket prices? Are you Americans still eager to pay 3 times more than ordinary prices for your tickets? Just wondering...

Surprisingly, it was worth every penny! thumbs up

Posted by: vertigojoe ()
Date: December 3, 2012 12:10

corriecas
Stoneage
When you pay $1300 for a ticket do you shut your eyes for the flaws and age of the band? We have a singer with a voice that reminds me of a constant cold and a guitarist who used to be the driving force behind the band but now is struggling to keep pace. We have a repertoire that hasn't been revitalized for ages; in fact most of the songs sounds about the same as they did in 1989, or 1994, or 1997, or 2002, or 2007, and so on. Value for money?

So Stoneage,i guess you are not going to the shows=== for F...sake, piss off.
and go to sleep
jeroen

Jeroen you are not very nice for a Dutchman
I bet hansie is ashamed of you

Posted by: Grison ()
Date: December 3, 2012 13:58

Despite the fact that I had to rob all my piggy banks, despite that I think that these prices have been obscene, despite my worries about buying tickets from a third party, despite the efforts for plane tickets, hotelbookings etc etc, I was rewarded with 2 outstanding concerts which I will remember not because of the tickethazzle and price, but for their pure quality of live entertainment.
I met very nice people again. After 30 years I met Björnulf in person and the boys on stage and their guests were on fire both nights, though to me the 2nd night was bettet.

why was it better or different? In these shows their sticked more to the original recordings such as speed, intro etc. I always hated when they rushed through It's only RnR or Brown Sguar. This time they had the beat and pace I like and which suits them much better.

I know they will gain speed in the songs if the tour is likely to continue, but it would be a little bitter taste, as for now this is what I was rewarded.

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: December 3, 2012 14:12

Thanks vertigojoe! It's alright though. I had a feeling I rubbed in that critisism too hard. Sometimes you loose it. I can understand that. I'm sure Corriecas ordinarily is a very nice guy.

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: December 3, 2012 14:14

vertigojoe

eye popping smiley

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: December 3, 2012 14:21

DandelionPowderman
Stoneage

Surprisingly, it was worth every penny! thumbs up

yeah, but remember the buzz is still in effect. after the buzz is gone, you'll demand back a few of those pennies....

Date: December 3, 2012 14:22

Grison
After 30 years I met Björnulf in person

how much did he charge? last tour i thought his prices were well within reason...

Date: December 3, 2012 14:23

vertigojoe
Jeroen you are not very nice for a Dutchman

but we'd be quite proud of him if he were a texan....

Posted by: StonedInTokyo ()
Date: December 3, 2012 15:31

The buzz is over? Are you KIDDING ME? These guys are back together for the first time in more than 5 years to celebrate 50 years of rock n' roll magic. They've already recaptured Paris & leveled London. It's just gettin' started!

Posted by: SweetThing ()
Date: December 3, 2012 15:37

Well, now that its established Keith. Mick and Ronnie are all performing above my expectations, if it can be determined Taylor will join them in Brooklyn, I will gladly pay the price, provided there is still availability.

Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: December 3, 2012 15:38

I am the human fly...I go buzz buzz buzz!

Posted by: duke richardson ()
Date: December 3, 2012 15:55

Silver Dagger
I am the human fly...I go buzz buzz buzz!

good way to keep the buzz going...

Posted by: jazzbass ()
Date: December 5, 2012 00:29

Stoneage
When you pay $1300 for a ticket do you shut your eyes for the flaws and age of the band? We have a singer with a voice that reminds me of a constant cold and a guitarist who used to be the driving force behind the band but now is struggling to keep pace. We have a repertoire that hasn't been revitalized for ages; in fact most of the songs sounds about the same as they did in 1989, or 1994, or 1997, or 2002, or 2007, and so on. Value for money?

Nope. I savor every moment. I don't close my eyes to the flaws or age of anyone or thing I love. I embrace them. If I focused solely on them, I'm pretty sure that would make me a giant a$$hole. As far as the cost goes, who cares... a small price to pay for a memory of a lifetime. Thankfully I've acquired many of those memories over this life. Not too many of those memories involved staying home. In a short amount of time, the Rolling Stones will forever be past-tense. Just like my grandparents whom I adored so much and I will forever long for just another moment or two with them.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: December 5, 2012 00:34

....turn out the light ... turn out the light

ROCKMAN

Date: December 5, 2012 01:14

jazzbass
Stoneage

Nope. I savor every moment. I don't close my eyes to the flaws or age of anyone or thing I love. I embrace them. If I focused solely on them, I'm pretty sure that would make me a giant a$$hole. As far as the cost goes, who cares... a small price to pay for a memory of a lifetime. Thankfully I've acquired many of those memories over this life. Not too many of those memories involved staying home. In a short amount of time, the Rolling Stones will forever be past-tense. Just like my grandparents whom I adored so much and I will forever long for just another moment or two with them.

Sure Jazzbass, as long as you make a deliberate choice and can afford the consequences of it, it's of course, alright. In the end it's up to the buyer to decide his choice of goods. Personally I don't feel the urge to pay exorbitant prices for Rolling Stones concerts anymore. I had my fair share of them and is quite content with it. If they prolong the tour into 2013 and land somewhere near me I wouldn't hesitate to go for "one more shot" though. If the price is right!

Posted by: MILKYWAY ()
Date: December 5, 2012 01:18

NICOS
At one song there were at least 36 musicians on stage not counting the light, camera etc.

A freaking orchestra.

Date: December 5, 2012 01:23

Come to think of it: Since Brian, of natural reasons, can't participate in these jubilee concerts - Wouldn't it be a great idea to place that beautiful bust on the stage as a reminder? Or maybe not...

Date: December 5, 2012 01:42

jazzbass
Stoneage

you're really very special

Date: December 5, 2012 01:55

Stoneage
Come to think of it: Since Brian, of natural reasons, can't participate in these jubilee concerts - Wouldn't it be a great idea to place that beautiful bust on the stage as a reminder? Or maybe not...

dude...

Date: December 5, 2012 02:48

StonesTod
jazzbass
Stoneage

Thanks little buddy!

Date: December 5, 2012 03:09

jazzbass
StonesTod
jazzbass
Stoneage

Thanks little buddy!

at 6-foot-four and with bulging biceps, it's a rare treat to be called that! thank you!

Date: December 5, 2012 03:28

StonesTod
jazzbass
StonesTod
jazzbass
Stoneage

Thanks little buddy!

at 6-foot-four and with bulging biceps, it's a rare treat to be called that! thank you!

Lol, yes, aren't we all here on the internet?

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1202
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home