Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 2 of 4
Re: Midnight Rambler O2 Nov 29
Posted by: benstones ()
Date: November 30, 2012 18:09

Fantastic version. The only negative point is that we don't really hear Keith... This is TOO Taylor, Keith is a little bit "absent".

Benjamin.

Posted by: tomcat2006 ()
Date: November 30, 2012 18:16

Fantastic. Phenomenal. Never thought I'd see something as good as this.

Words now fail me....smiling bouncing smiley

Posted by: GrandToad ()
Date: November 30, 2012 18:17

MT really stepped it up. I keep thinking of the line from "Torn and Frayed" - "a bag of nerves on first nights."

"Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

Posted by: RobertJohnson ()
Date: November 30, 2012 18:29

The Stones were always a two guitar band. Nowadays they should be a three guitar band. It works great. The second performance is still better than the first one. Slowly they are playing together like an organism.

Posted by: Honestman ()
Date: November 30, 2012 18:32

benstones
...The only negative point is that we don't really hear Keith... This is TOO Taylor, Keith is a little bit "absent".

Maybe that was the purpose but what about Darryl ??? I can't hear his bass on most of the tracks.

HMN

Posted by: boston2006 ()
Date: November 30, 2012 18:33

That sent shivers up my spine !!

Posted by: Roll73 ()
Date: November 30, 2012 18:34

Delighted to say I was there to witness this first hand last night. Still reeling from seeing them back on stage together. Taylor was fantastic of course but it kind of felt like he was trying to make up for his 40 odd years of absence from the Stones by cramming in 40 years worth of playing into one number. Then again I guess it was a huge moment for him - something he probably thought would never happen.

I'd pretty much given up on the Stones after seeing them at the end of a Bigger Bang tour - mainly due to Keith's deteriorated playing - but man he has got his shit together. And thank god for that. My faith is fully restored. (In the Stones that is - god is another discussion).

Posted by: benstones ()
Date: November 30, 2012 18:36

Honestman
benstones
...The only negative point is that we don't really hear Keith... This is TOO Taylor, Keith is a little bit "absent".

Maybe that was the purpose but what about Darryl ??? I can't hear his bass on most of the tracks.

Yes it's in purpose. One song for Taylor, so they wanted to make him shining. But I would prefer to hear Taylor, Daryl AND Keith!!! Taylor plays too much on this song, even if it's a great great version and I can't imagine the Newark's shows without MR, whatever the version!

Benjamin.

Posted by: chelskeith ()
Date: November 30, 2012 18:56

Keeps getting better.

Hope he's going to NY so we can keep seeing this evolve.

Posted by: Single Malt ()
Date: November 30, 2012 19:16

Just fantastic. Dear Santa, my only wish is that Mick T and Bill will be back to The Stones!

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: November 30, 2012 19:26

RobertJohnson
The Stones were always a two guitar band. Nowadays they should be a three guitar band.

i'm starting to think of them as britain's answer to lynyrd skynyrd.

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: November 30, 2012 19:31

Sweet Home Twickenham-a

Posted by: Rollin' Stoner ()
Date: November 30, 2012 19:38

would love to hear a soundboard mix of this.....havin' a bit of a 70s flashback

Date: November 30, 2012 19:41

Munichhilton
Sweet Home Twickenham-a

you got that right...sure got that right

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: November 30, 2012 19:58

Hell yeah! Taylors laying down some sweet fills between jaggers vocals. This is so much better than the first night. Just imagine if Taylor had rehearsed the entire set with them. Let Keith and Ronnie weave all they want, the Stones are more exciting with a lead guitar player who isn't scared to step it up and play a few notes on the top. .. peace

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: November 30, 2012 20:08

Naturalust
Hell yeah! Taylors laying down some sweet fills between jaggers vocals. This is so much better than the first night. Just imagine if Taylor had rehearsed the entire set with them. Let Keith and Ronnie weave all they want, the Stones are more exciting with a lead guitar player who isn't scared to step it up and play a few notes on the top. .. peace

I'll drink to that!

Posted by: roby ()
Date: November 30, 2012 20:19

71Tele
Naturalust

I'll drink to that!

Mee too.

Posted by: KRiffhard ()
Date: November 30, 2012 20:19

Milan

Great Taylor!

Posted by: GumbootCloggeroo ()
Date: November 30, 2012 20:22

Better performance this time around. Good stuff.

Posted by: phd ()
Date: November 30, 2012 20:30

Gazza
Beyond brilliant. Both nights.

There's no better live Stones song than 'Rambler' anyway and hearing it done like this is just mind-blowing.

Indeed.

Posted by: hot stuff ()
Date: November 30, 2012 20:45

PLEASE BRING MICK BACK!!!!!
Love it....Thank you.....We really have missed him..
Nice if we just added 3 guitars...

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: November 30, 2012 20:58

Bravo! Bravo! Bravo!
Wow, this testosterone driven tour de force is re-discovering what MT adds to the mix. Lots of powerful male energy on the stage. Every time will be getting better. It IS an evolution and super cool to watch.
I REALLY want to see more songs though.
MT gets such a kick out of Jagger who is out of control with the dancing. Is this his fave song or what?
My feeling is that MT has always admired Jagger but was shy about it. Now he's like, "Wow! You ARE a hot -- got my eye on you!" I don't mean that in a sexual way, but because they conncet so well, and exchange good energy.
At 7:20 between RW, MJ and MT some inside joke kind of sums it up.
And it's interesting that Keith is out of the loop, focusing on the engine.
Must have been amazing to be there cause amazing on video! THANK YOU!
MORE MORE MORE!

"Fantastic! I really loved that."

Posted by: MononoM ()
Date: November 30, 2012 20:59

wow thank you smiling smiley

Life's just a cocktail party on the street

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: November 30, 2012 21:00

roby
71Tele
Naturalust

I'll drink to that!

Mee too.

smileys with beer I'll buy the next round!

Posted by: muenke ()
Date: November 30, 2012 22:17

Milan

OMG! @#$%&, this is it !!!!!!! Please go on with MT next year, pleeeease!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-11-30 22:19 by muenke.

Posted by: Stone601 ()
Date: November 30, 2012 23:20

from my point of view, hope you enjoy

Posted by: Sighunt ()
Date: December 1, 2012 00:16

....c'mon Mick Jagger. Bring Mick T to the states with 'ya so he can guest on Rambler AND Love In Vain (I'm sure it would inspire you to sing the best version of that song ever!)...

Posted by: klrkcr ()
Date: December 1, 2012 01:46

Would MT possibly gain a few more songs if he goes to the US,and Bill doesn't go with them?

Posted by: flashhh ()
Date: December 1, 2012 01:58

I'm a huge MT fan, but I think his playing on this number was too loud and too much. Didn't seem to fit to me.

Date: December 1, 2012 02:10

flashhh
I'm a huge MT fan, but I think his playing on this number was too loud and too much. Didn't seem to fit to me.

would someone kindly ask mt to play it like it was '72 again? i think that would satisfy us all.

Goto Page: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 2 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2262
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home