Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 1234Next
Current Page: 1 of 4
Midnight Rambler O2 Nov 29
Posted by: stewedandkeefed ()
Date: November 30, 2012 08:51

Great youtube video of this.Blew me away. I've had reservations about Mick in the so-called Vegas era but his performance was amazing. He also kept close to the band, dancing as much for them as the audience. And much of the vocal was as genuine as 1969 to 1972. The real Mick - not that overly mannered singing.A near seventy year old man moving like that. I'm speechless. I would consider myself a Taylorite but it is the other Mick that struck me though I think Taylor was excellent. But the most distinct thing for me was Taylor's willingness to engage his former bandmates. To not be how he was when he was in the band.Keith Richards is as solid as he has ever been. Guitars dominate. Clearly Woody chooses to lay back but his sobriety has made him a force on these shows. Maybe I am projecing but I thought there was real emotion on that stage, It moved me.

Re: Midnight Rambler O2 Nov 29
Posted by: stonesrule ()
Date: November 30, 2012 09:01

Thank you Stewed...
Well-put!

Posted by: champ72 ()
Date: November 30, 2012 09:24

Link somebody, I can't find it..?

Posted by: RollingFreak ()
Date: November 30, 2012 09:25

Posted by: gripweed ()
Date: November 30, 2012 09:53

OMG!! It's the RETURN of the Guitar Onslaught!!

WOW! Taylor has it dialed IN tonight... Thank you Kindly Mick Taylor!!

Posted by: Barnestormer ()
Date: November 30, 2012 09:56

Just awesome...way better than sunday's performance!!!Here you can get a glimpse of what the Stones would sound if they would go on tour with Taylor next year.But I bet it won't happen.Taylor has already booked an Australian tour on his own for April 2013.
Otherwise my wish for next year would be another Mick Taylor solo album(it's been so long since the brilliant "A Stone's Throw").Hope he'll find a good producer and a record company.Why not a blues record,like Clapton's "Robert Johnson" i.e.

Posted by: howled ()
Date: November 30, 2012 09:59

I think it's better than the first night and so is Taylor's playing.

I don't really think Ron Wood has to be there for this song though.

Posted by: benon again ()
Date: November 30, 2012 10:02

Finally.Great Taylor.Thanks

Posted by: roby ()
Date: November 30, 2012 10:13

Fantastic Taylor, thanks for this video.

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: November 30, 2012 11:18

RollingFreak

OMG .............. it sounded pretty bloody orgasmic there and then, but replaying it now the morning after .............................. AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGH SHRIEK !! hot smiley hot smiley hot smiley

It's no good, it's no good at all (man picking up handset to telephone in a state of nervous agitation) .... "calling BA, calling BA, get me the f**k to the United States - and QUICK" !!

Jeez, that whole gig was awesome, but Rambler .... ?? A "die and go to heaven" job if ever there was one !!

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Posted by: marko ()
Date: November 30, 2012 12:04

´This is fantastic,,,sundays version Taylor was a bit out,,didn´t find his place.Now Keith&Ronnie plays exellent groove,,Taylor can play great leads top of them,,fantastic!

Posted by: jamesjagger ()
Date: November 30, 2012 12:10

stewedandkeefed
Great youtube video of this.Blew me away. I've had reservations about Mick in the so-called Vegas era but his performance was amazing. He also kept close to the band, dancing as much for them as the audience. And much of the vocal was as genuine as 1969 to 1972. The real Mick - not that overly mannered singing.A near seventy year old man moving like that. I'm speechless. I would consider myself a Taylorite but it is the other Mick that struck me though I think Taylor was excellent. But the most distinct thing for me was Taylor's willingness to engage his former bandmates. To not be how he was when he was in the band.Keith Richards is as solid as he has ever been. Guitars dominate. Clearly Woody chooses to lay back but his sobriety has made him a force on these shows. Maybe I am projecing but I thought there was real emotion on that stage, It moved me.

1++++ Mick T excellent and the real Mick J....wow!

Posted by: Bliss ()
Date: November 30, 2012 12:24

Fantastic...truly the realisation of a dream.

Thanks so much for posting the video.

Posted by: LieB ()
Date: November 30, 2012 13:29

Wonderful! Clearly better than the previous performance. It all looks and sounds more relaxed and confident from everyone involved. The two Micks are the stars here.

I only wish Mick T would play on more songs. Gimme Shelter would be incredible.

Before hearing these videos I had doubts about Mick T sounding good with the Stones again, but clearly, there is plenty of the old "swagger" there. I don't think it has so much to do with age. Simply, when Mick T plays with the Stones, there's some very obvious musical chemistry going on. His guitar fits so well in there and it all just smokes in ways it never does when he plays on his own or when the Stones play without him.

Posted by: GravityBoy ()
Date: November 30, 2012 14:00

RollingFreak

Really fantastic, even better than Sunday.

Goosebumps.

Posted by: VT22 ()
Date: November 30, 2012 14:53

howled
I think it's better than the first night and so is Taylor's playing.

I don't really think Ron Wood has to be there for this song though.

To me he starts sounding a bit like Ron Wood. Whether this is a compliment (or not) is up to every individual here. Great to see him with his old buddies again, a pity he doesn't do more song and doesn't play with this fat sustained fluid early 7-tees sound anymore. A real loss, lets's hope it's temporary.

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: November 30, 2012 14:55

I see your point, he melded in better yesterday for sure, but it was less striking than on Sunday where he threw out some killer licks that only he can do, especially in the beginning...and he hit a few bum notes too. Besides his chasing around of Mick J. was priceless!

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: November 30, 2012 15:01

Beyond brilliant. Both nights.

There's no better live Stones song than 'Rambler' anyway and hearing it done like this is just mind-blowing.

Posted by: punkfloyd ()
Date: November 30, 2012 15:06

MAN, that sounded FANTASTIC. Best live Stones since 1981. IMHO

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-11-30 15:06 by punkfloyd.

Posted by: Honestman ()
Date: November 30, 2012 15:13

First of all thanks to delacey99 for sharin' his awesome vid of MR on YT thumbs up

It's odd, it's like finaly the Stones pay tribute to "le Mozart de la guitare" Mick Taylor .Just watch them all , let him doing his thing and probably thought, we all have played with this guy and indeed he was @#$%&' good, maybe we should have asked him from time to time years before.
Best thing I've seen since...I didn't recall

HMN

Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: November 30, 2012 17:07

RollingFreak

@#$%& yes!!! hot smiley

Posted by: Milan ()
Date: November 30, 2012 17:12

Posted by: cn854 ()
Date: November 30, 2012 17:23

Not too shabby, sounds a lot better and refiend than the previous gig. Wonder why though does he still kinda looks like a novice, performance wise? Heck the guy has been touring for what 50 years in front of audiences? Maybe he should go back to standing still.... LOL

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: November 30, 2012 17:26

Great version. Better than Sunday, imo. Keith is really solid on the rhythm again. Ron very tasteful. Taylor more in sync with the band and less nervous this time. PLEASE have Taylor in Brooklyn!

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: November 30, 2012 17:40

That was fantastic. Really puts Sunday's botched shot out of mind. That can't be the end of Taylor.
It worked too well. They must know that.

Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: November 30, 2012 17:52

For the second show Mick Taylor was much better rehearsed and far more at ease. He really took to his new, albeit brief starring role, and you could see him relishing playing out front and taking his leads with confidence.

On his first solo in the song he was really going for it, pushing and bending those bluesy notes in that wonderful, unique style of his. But it kept getting better and better. There was no hesitation this time, the more he reached out the better it sounded. You could really hear the crowd urging him on and it was truly wonderful to be part of that.

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: November 30, 2012 17:59

This was really excellent

Posted by: jazzbass ()
Date: November 30, 2012 17:59

"Fantastic! I loved it!" -Mick Jagger

What kind of guitar is Keith playing? Looks like a double cutaway Les Paul. Ibanez maybe?

Posted by: Blue ()
Date: November 30, 2012 18:03

Outstandingly brilliant!! ...liking all the positive interactions within the band too...Mick T just appears so ecstatic, MJ, RW, AND KR all encouraging and urging him on!

Posted by: LieB ()
Date: November 30, 2012 18:03

jazzbass
What kind of guitar is Keith playing? Looks like a double cutaway Les Paul. Ibanez maybe?

I'm pretty sure that's the yellow 50s Gibson Les Paul Junior he's used on Rambler ever since '95 or something.

Goto Page: 1234Next
Current Page: 1 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2790
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home