Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3
Re: Lady Jane
Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: November 30, 2012 19:46

Blue
They really did do justice to that song last night.

Indeed.

Whether they intended it as one or not, it comes across as a lovely musical tribute to Brian, he must be on their minds when they play it.

Ronnie's 12 string guitar take on the dulcimer part is wonderful.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2012-11-30 19:49 by His Majesty.

Posted by: BJPortugal ()
Date: November 30, 2012 19:51

Very good indeed!! Ronnie's guitar emulating Brian's dulcimer is great!!! hot smiley

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: November 30, 2012 19:53

latebloomer
Blue
Hi latebloomer, Lady Jane was the other side of Mother's Little Helper released around 1966 in the U.S.

Thanks Blue, do you know if it was a hit here?

they're playing it in peoria

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: November 30, 2012 19:56

StonesTod
latebloomer
Blue
Hi latebloomer, Lady Jane was the other side of Mother's Little Helper released around 1966 in the U.S.

I take back my helpful comment.

Date: November 30, 2012 19:59

latebloomer
StonesTod
latebloomer
Blue

i never believed you in the first place

Posted by: Blue ()
Date: November 30, 2012 20:04

latebloomer
Blue

Kind of....Number 24 Billboard, just looked it up!

Date: November 30, 2012 20:06

His Majesty
Blue
They really did do justice to that song last night.

Indeed.

Whether they intended it as one or not, it comes across as a lovely musical tribute to Brian, he must be on their minds when they play it.

Ronnie's 12 string guitar take on the dulcimer part is wonderful.

No mention of "The Black Sheep" of the Rolling Stones last night, unfortunately sad smiley

Date: November 30, 2012 20:06

Blue
latebloomer
Blue

Ugh, guess I could have done that myself, thanks much. smiling smiley

Date: November 30, 2012 20:08

StonesTod
latebloomer
StonesTod
latebloomer
Blue

i never believed you in the first place

For someone who is so unhelpful, you are pretty smart.

Posted by: Come On ()
Date: November 30, 2012 20:11

StonesTod
Come On
Totally incomparable version, rivaling the album version...thumbs up

wouldn't that make it a comparable version?

thats what I like to tell (but no one knows what happens using the google translator)...grinning smiley

Date: November 30, 2012 20:12

Come on folks, no need, there's no need. thumbs up

Enjoy the beauty of live Lady Jane instead!

Posted by: phd ()
Date: November 30, 2012 20:21

Great rendition. Thanks

Date: November 30, 2012 20:22

latebloomer
Blue
latebloomer
Blue

Ugh, guess I could have done that myself, thanks much. smiling smiley

Lol, I think it was pretty good, considering all the competition and great songs in 1966, and considering also the type of song it was...?English Baroque??, plus it was also on their Aftermath album already, and EVERYBODY seemed to have that album in 1966..

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: November 30, 2012 20:28

Way better than I imagined a couple of weeks ago, when reading they rehearsed it,
this is a very fine version

Date: November 30, 2012 20:41

Erik_Snow
Way better than I imagined a couple of weeks ago, when reading they rehearsed it,

i've always suspected they could handle lightweight fare like this...similar to they way they did as tears go by...i mean if amateur guitarists like me can do it justice, you'd think a couple of professionals could, right?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-11-30 20:44 by StonesTod.

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: November 30, 2012 20:43

StonesTod
Erik_Snow

i've always suspected their could handle lightweight fare like this...similar to they way they did as tears go by...i mean if amateur guitarists like me can do it justice, you'd think a couple of professionals could, right?
right

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: November 30, 2012 20:51

Lynd8
I'm psyched that they played LJ

How well did it sound?

It's been the 60's since they played that one wasn't it?

Athens April 17, 1967.

The last full concert with Brian Jones (ie, excluding his performances at the NME Pollwinners gig and RnR Circus in 1968).

Posted by: stonesrule ()
Date: November 30, 2012 21:05

Lady Jane "lightweight"?

Posted by: Edward Twining ()
Date: November 30, 2012 21:08

StonesTod
Erik_Snow

i've always suspected they could handle lightweight fare like this...similar to they way they did as tears go by...i mean if amateur guitarists like me can do it justice, you'd think a couple of professionals could, right?

Way way better than the Stones attempt at 'As Tears Go By'. Jagger's vocals have been a great deal less irritating with these latest shows, almost as if he is conscious of not over accentuating etc. I had a vision of 'Lady Jane' being sung very thin and nasally by Jagger, but no, he has actually done a really fine job. Musically too, even with the exclusion of Taylor's excellent contributions, the Stones sound so much more sharp and focused. Keith, especially, seems a great deal more committed. These are some of the best performances i have heard from the Stones for 30 odd years. Admittedly, there are times when i miss Jagger's growl, and i do find a song like 'All Down The Line' lacking the raw vocal energy, Jagger would have given it years back, before his 'rock' voice started to become noticeably thinner. However, in general i think he copes pretty well. 'I Wanna Be Your Man' works well too by the whole band, and i love Ronnie's guitar solo too. I have waited a very long time to hear the Stones sound so fresh and exciting as this. Maybe they really do want to go out with a bang!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2012-11-30 21:46 by Edward Twining.

Posted by: Mathijs ()
Date: November 30, 2012 21:13

I thought it was just a marvelous rendition. From where I was standing Chuck was less audible and Wood and Richards where loud and clear. I thought Wood did a fantastic job on the 12-string, Jagger sang perfect. The only thing I couldn't/can't understand why Charlie played drums on it, especially the simple 4/4 he played. I think it could be better without drums.

Mathijs

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: November 30, 2012 21:34

Another video:

I loved this, but up in the nosebleeds the casual fans didn't get it at all. Piss break time. "Play Satisfaction..." And when Mick said "we haven't played that one in a long time " somebody near me said "I can see why".

snarl mutter mutter mumble grumble moan groan - and grrr and whine too! Some people have NO taste. Take no notice of them, Mick. It's lovely.

Posted by: Tate ()
Date: November 30, 2012 21:45

Charlie played drums in early live performances of the song, in fact he hit the toms and cymbals quite loudly on it if I remember correctly. BA-BA-BA-BA boom-boom CRASH! While the instruments are played sort of off time, the song is in 4/4, so I think Charlie's simple subtle playing here works. Always loved this tune! Nice rendition.

Date: November 30, 2012 21:48

stonesrule
Lady Jane "lightweight"?

yes. welterweight, perhaps. definitely not cruiserweight....

Date: November 30, 2012 21:49

Gazza
Lynd8
I'm psyched that they played LJ

How well did it sound?

It's been the 60's since they played that one wasn't it?

Athens April 17, 1967.

The last full concert with Brian Jones (ie, excluding his performances at the NME Pollwinners gig and RnR Circus in 1968).

what about the classic rendition from nyc 75?

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: November 30, 2012 22:27

Another video: quiet sound, but some nice closeups of the band in action:

Date: November 30, 2012 23:30

Mathijs
I thought it was just a marvelous rendition. From where I was standing Chuck was less audible and Wood and Richards where loud and clear. I thought Wood did a fantastic job on the 12-string, Jagger sang perfect. The only thing I couldn't/can't understand why Charlie played drums on it, especially the simple 4/4 he played. I think it could be better without drums.

Mathijs

He played drums on parts when they played it live in 66 and 67, it's probably just to help carry it over to bigger audiences.

Date: November 30, 2012 23:32

Green Lady

I loved this, but up in the nosebleeds the casual fans didn't get it at all. Piss break time. "Play Satisfaction..." And when Mick said "we haven't played that one in a long time " somebody near me said "I can see why".

snarl mutter mutter mumble grumble moan groan - and grrr and whine too! Some people have NO taste.

People! confused smiley

Posted by: BJPortugal ()
Date: November 30, 2012 23:44

I piss on those people who only thinks that the Stones are the Satisfaction/IORR/Start me up band. If i was there, i would sing as loud as ever. Just so shut up these people.

Date: November 30, 2012 23:54

BJPortugal
I piss on those people who only thinks that the Stones are the Satisfaction/IORR/Start me up band. If i was there, i would sing as loud as ever. Just so shut up these people.

fans are crying...fans are singing loud...fans are pissing on other fans. all this for $850?

Posted by: GravityBoy ()
Date: December 1, 2012 00:01

BJPortugal

Yes!

And I fart in their general direction, their mothers are hamsters and their fathers smell of elderberries.

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1806
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home