Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Jim's influence on Mick
Posted by: LA FORUM ()
Date: January 6, 2005 02:31

When I compare Jim Morrison (another great entertainer of the 60s) to Micks act in 67 and then how Mick changed totally before the Rock n Roll Circus bith on stage and in looks I feel he was inspired by that bloke in LA.

Re: Jim's influence on Mick
Posted by: lunar!!! ()
Date: January 6, 2005 05:03

no way

STONES JAM!! MICKEYS RULES!!! (burp) NADER IN 2016!!!!! GO GIANTS!!

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: January 6, 2005 05:04

Mick has admitted to nic'n moves from many people, including even Tina Turner, so I assume he nic'd a few from Jimbo.

Posted by: lunar!!! ()
Date: January 6, 2005 05:46

naw, more from james brown than anyone else....

STONES JAM!! MICKEYS RULES!!! (burp) NADER IN 2016!!!!! GO GIANTS!!

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: January 6, 2005 05:54

Jim was a marvellous performer, but I dont really think he influenced Mick at all. More likely the other way round.

What was so different about Mick pre- R&R Circus compared to afterwards that you refer to?

Date: January 6, 2005 06:45

Mick is a sponge, a derivative genius, a combination of his own talent and brilliance, and studied and copied moves &c. from other frontmen/wimmints.

"The wonder of Jimi Hendrix was that he could stand up at all he was so pumped full of drugs." Patsy, Patsy Stone

Posted by: Smokey ()
Date: January 6, 2005 07:02

Oh, I thought you were referring to Jimi Hendrix and Mick Taylor. Never mind.

Posted by: Potted Shrimp ()
Date: January 6, 2005 12:37

LA FORUM Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> When I compare Jim Morrison (another great
> entertainer of the 60s) to Micks act in 67 and
> then how Mick changed totally before the Rock n
> Roll Circus bith on stage and in looks I feel he
> was inspired by that bloke in LA.
>
> Inglewood '75...

The Rock and roll circus moves from Mick do look like Jim's. But that's about the only time.

Posted by: Tornandfrayed ()
Date: January 6, 2005 14:07

Jagger was in the audience when the Doors played the Hollywood Bowl in 1968 and I am sure Mick carefully studied Morrison´s act. Also, according to John Densmore´s (excellent) autobiography entitled "Riders On The Strom", both singers met before the show.

Posted by: Rorty ()
Date: January 6, 2005 17:52

I think that in R&R Circus (I got it as a DVD from xmas present, thanks sistersmiling smiley) Jagger is still doing a bit that Performance act. Does anyone noticed that in that movie, there is a picture of Jim Morrison in Turner's wall! I suppose the role of Turner is a bit inspired by Morrison, and we have to keep in my mind that Mick Jagger has very good sensibility for the action around with good eyes and ears! (Like "Stray Cat Blues" was inspired by Velvet Underground etc.) I think Jagger adapts more than we ever know.

- Doxa

Posted by: Cafaro ()
Date: January 7, 2005 00:25

I read in a photographers book (Ethan?) that Jagger saw Morrsion and thought he was boring.......I couldn't agree more. What a mess.

Date: January 7, 2005 00:38

Caparo: yes I read that too but I dont think its really true. Boring maybe but the Mick I know would of course steal bits here and there. He took Brians personality so why not Jims. Besides Keith or someone close to him said that he changes all the time. No personality of his own really. Depends whos beside him. Maybe not now anymore but in the 60s/70s at least.

Posted by: Rorty ()
Date: January 7, 2005 15:19

Mick and the use of word "boring":

I just read a very old Melody Maker mag where Mick says that The Temptations and the whole Motown thing is "boring", and he does not understand why the Beatles dig so much such a thing. (Next year or few months later the Stones were doing Motown covers). When Mick talks, the responsibilty to trust his words is the side of the listener.

- Doxa

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2005-01-07 15:21 by Rorty.

Date: January 7, 2005 16:25

Yes and Micks dark and long hair in a tv show he produced feels lika PR thing (which it is of course) not only for the band and their new output but also for his new image. HThe man is an actor and a damn fine too. Someitmes American sometimes working class Brittish. Black and white. That's why he's so good.

Posted by: KSIE ()
Date: January 7, 2005 16:47

I think Jagger had dyed his hair black for a movie, "Performance" I guess.

'Don’t forget, if you’re on your bike, wear white'

Date: January 7, 2005 16:49

Wig

Posted by: john r ()
Date: January 7, 2005 23:09

Mick did dye his hair for the movie which was filmed shortly before the RNR Circus, & Donald Cammell did put everybody involved thru quite a mindfuck. Jack Nitzsche said he was quite changed by the experience (playing Brian/Keith). I highly recommend the 1998 documentary about Cammell, "The Final Performance" to any Stones fan, movie fan (check out 'White Of the Eye" w/ Chris Walken for another classic, with some interesting parallels) & the title of the dicumentary refers to DC's suicide-as-performance. Mick is in it. I seriously doubt he (Mick) had much respect or use for the Doors - he tends to hate pretentiousness.

Posted by: tramp66646 ()
Date: March 9, 2008 09:46

Wig? Think you got that one %100 right DandelionPowderman and I'm pretty sure Jagger's been wearing wig's now for year's. Still love the guy and the band but you can't tell me any 62+yr old man's hair can stay that thick and silver free without there being something going on behind the scenes, yah know? By the way saw Keith and the Winos way back in 92 and he was already sporting a good sized bald patch way back then. Funny how you never notice this in any photos of him and one can only imagine just how old the man truely look's today by now without the aid of a good makeup artist.

Posted by: ghostryder13 ()
Date: March 9, 2008 11:12

morrison's stage moves were ritualistic and jagger's are more like a blend between tina turners and a stripper. but back then both had an element of danger in their acts though jimbo took more risks until the disasters of miami and altamont

Date: March 9, 2008 11:40

And since Jim idoloized Brian and always asked about him I see Micks stage persona at that time (the total change from 1967 to 1968) as a Stones version of the dangerous Jim Morrison. It's still Mick of course, he's Brittish and vaudeville. Like a stripper (ghostryder) playing the "rock star" of 1968.

Posted by: Baboon Bro ()
Date: March 9, 2008 12:26

Agree with Gazza on the other way around*; yet
what you see on Gimme Shelter might be a slight impact from Jimbo.

* As a a matter of fact, I dont think we would have any Jimbo without Mickey or Stones over all for that matter..

And that tramp dude is a troll.

Posted by: iamthedj ()
Date: March 10, 2008 13:31

There's no way Mick wears wigs. I just can't see it. His hair is of course dyed, but I have no doubt it's all his own.

Posted by: Adrian-L ()
Date: March 10, 2008 13:44

Jim Morrison stole his personna from Gene Vincent.

From the way he held the microphone stand to his wardrobe.

Posted by: Adrian-L ()
Date: March 10, 2008 13:46

iamthedj
His hair is of course dyed, but I have no doubt it's all his own.

not convinced it's all his own.

Posted by: Greenblues ()
Date: March 10, 2008 13:48

Adrian-L
Jim Morrison stole his personna from Gene Vincent.

From the way he held the microphone stand to his wardrobe.

LOL - interesting point of view! Don't forget he also stole his drinking habits! ;-)

Posted by: Baboon Bro ()
Date: March 10, 2008 18:18

Doors - Wishful Sinful, this is said to be Manzarek's video
including clips from the Aquarius Sessions 1969
(cant really say its all a mess, Cafaro?)

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1023
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home