Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 2 of 44
Re: Second O2 show Thursday Nov. 29 show updates
Posted by: dcba ()
Date: November 28, 2012 12:32

Another wish : BW on SFDT! Now that's a tune he could groove on! More so than HTW...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-11-28 12:46 by dcba.

Posted by: runaway ()
Date: November 28, 2012 14:07

Don't know if it already happened on the first O2 Show but it would be great to see the Portraits of BJ and IS shining on the Second O2 Show while the RS play one of the Sixties Rocksongs...

Cheers

Posted by: andy js ()
Date: November 28, 2012 14:11

Does this gig start at 8pm or 8.30pm ?

Posted by: tomzen ()
Date: November 28, 2012 14:14

wonder how much they will change the set list. my guess: not fade away replacing one of the early sixties ones (maybe the opener) and cyhmk replacing m.rambler.

Posted by: Monkeytonkman ()
Date: November 28, 2012 14:23

ChefGuevara
Posted by: steel driving hammer ()
Date: November 28, 2012 02:41

Who the @#$%& is Rick Wakeman?

Yes.

Class thumbs up

\m/

Posted by: MoreFastNumbers ()
Date: November 28, 2012 14:42

dcba
So she'll guest on GS Clapton will do his thing on C&Reefer. And Taylor will fly on CYHMK?
(just guessing...)

Eric Clapton on Little Red Rooster certainly.

Posted by: ChefGuevara ()
Date: November 28, 2012 14:54

Clapton and F. Welch? Is this confirmed?

[www.metro.co.uk]

Posted by: duke richardson ()
Date: November 28, 2012 15:28

all the best to you all who are going..

another fantastic evening. I look forward to hearing about it.

Posted by: ROLLINGSTONE ()
Date: November 28, 2012 16:01

steel driving hammer
Maul PcCartney should open for the Stones tormorrow.

Well they did open Sunday's show with one of his songs!

winking smiley

Posted by: andy js ()
Date: November 28, 2012 16:03

Thank you for your email.
The following is the line up for the Rolling Stones at The O2:

Schedule:

• DOORS: 18:30
• Rolling Stones: 20:00/20.30
• FINISH: 22:15 – 22.30/11.00

Posted by: TheBadRabbit ()
Date: November 28, 2012 16:28

runaway
Don't know if it already happened on the first O2 Show but it would be great to see the Portraits of BJ and IS shining on the Second O2 Show while the RS play one of the Sixties Rocksongs...

This is a great idea. How hard would it be to show some pics of Stu and Brian on the video screen?

Posted by: toomuchforme ()
Date: November 28, 2012 17:23

CLAPTON IS CONFIRMED

"we know it's a bit late but we hope you don't mind if we stay"

Posted by: andrewt ()
Date: November 28, 2012 17:23

JonoLov
I find it interesting that the set list for Nov 25 followed a certain rough formula -- First 11 songs were largely chronological, then they had two Wyman songs, two Keith songs, and then closed out with 8 warhorses/big hits. I wonder if upcoming set lists will preserve the nature of this "formula". If they swap out any of the first 11, will chronology be preserved? Do we know that from here on out, once Keith finishes, the rest of the show will be all warhorses/big hits? No complaining here, and no requesting anything. Just musing....found it quite interesting how the first 11 songs were assembled and enjoyed that. Also, it seems with the commitment to song specific artwork for Honky Tonk Woman and Tumbling Dice, it is hard to imagine either of those not being played in every show (and glad about that too). BTW, i hate to admit it, but i really enjoyed the Anime reverse themed video that accompanied Honky Tonk Woman.

The Stones are one of those bands that are in the rarified position of being able to close a show with not one, not two but 11 all-time rock'n'roll classics. Most bands just have their one hit they save for the encore. As much as I love the rare nuggets,I have to admit it would be weird to wrap up a show any other way.
That said, I hope that remains the only predictable part of the sets.

Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: November 28, 2012 18:44

Definitely Clapton on Champaign and Reefer (which they rehearsed, and frankly can play in their sleep anyway). Would love to see Mick T on CYHMK, but did they rehearse CYHMK? That would be wild, but it has the potential to be a train wreck if not properly rehearsed, no?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-11-28 18:44 by drbryant.

Posted by: william060190 ()
Date: November 28, 2012 18:52

drbryant
but did they rehearse CYHMK?

They did. Several time in Bondy and it sounded great.

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: November 28, 2012 19:04

...and Little Red Rooster didn't sound too bad at the "mini-Trabendo" ;-) That could be one for Clapton too, like in 1989.

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: rrronnie ()
Date: November 28, 2012 19:05

They might kick off with Route 66. Only a guess.

Posted by: rainhog ()
Date: November 28, 2012 19:06

CYHMK would be freakin' awesome! But then,for all that like to debate,you will have people arguing who plays it better Wood or Taylor. Personally, I would love to hear Taylor 'nail' this ditty one more time.

Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: November 28, 2012 19:09

william060190
drbryant

Damn. Mick Taylor and Bobby Keys doing CYHMK. I just arrived in London, but have a ton of work go get done in the next 24 hours; not sure how I'm going to concentrate.

Date: November 28, 2012 19:57

Think the Stones will pay another fine, or leave on time this time?

I think they'll pay another fine since this might just be the Last Time they play in the UK for good.

Posted by: winter ()
Date: November 28, 2012 20:08

steel driving hammer
Think the Stones will pay another fine, or leave on time this time?

I think they'll pay another fine since this might just be the Last Time they play in the UK for good.

Nah, if you look at how much work went into making the video presentations/animations onscreen and staging, all this work was definitely not just for 5 shows.

Posted by: straycatuk ()
Date: November 28, 2012 20:09

I think they should put up more notices about show time been at 8PM due to engineering work on the tube. Don't want them to cut it short again after coming on late due to people not been in their seats !

sc uk

Posted by: winter ()
Date: November 28, 2012 20:16

I don't see them letting Clapton or Florence play on the same numbers as the earlier guests on Sunday. Florence will sing on a song that is not GS.

I'd like to see MT get another chance at MR now that he's had a chance to get used to what to expect.

Posted by: Rev. Robert W. ()
Date: November 28, 2012 20:27

winter
I don't see them letting Clapton or Florence play on the same numbers as the earlier guests on Sunday. Florence will sing on a song that is not GS.

I'd like to see MT get another chance at MR now that he's had a chance to get used to what to expect.

The Florence Welch thing is intriguing. "Moonlight Mile?" "Lady Jane?"

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: November 28, 2012 20:28

drbryant
william060190
drbryant

Damn. Mick Taylor and Bobby Keys doing CYHMK. I just arrived in London, but have a ton of work go get done in the next 24 hours; not sure how I'm going to concentrate.

get tanked; that usually works great for my constipation...er...concentration...

Date: November 28, 2012 20:37

Remember when Mick said at MSG PPV Licks Tour that he read in the papers that this might be the last time the Stones play in the Garden?

He then said "I don't think so."

Will he say that tomorrow night regarding Europe?

Posted by: JonoLov ()
Date: November 28, 2012 20:44

rrronnie
They might kick off with Route 66. Only a guess.

Hope your guess is right! Would be a good one!

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: November 28, 2012 20:48

I enjoy Florence, but I hope they do Gimme Shelter without guests and find something else for her to do.

Posted by: Ladykiller ()
Date: November 28, 2012 21:08

Never heard about Florence Welch. But Eric Clapton as a guest is more than great. Also Rick Wakeman on keyboards during the most part of the show is pretty cool. I wish, I can also go to this show. Wishing all people much fun, who go there.

Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: November 28, 2012 21:40

Apparently Florence Welch is rehearsing Gimme Shelter. It's the perfect song for her screechy voice.

Here's a report from London's Capital FM radio station.

The 'Shake It Off' singer is rumoured to be making an appearance with the rockers tomorrow night.

Florence Welch will apparently join The Rolling Stones on stage for the second night of their short O2 Arena residency in London this week.

The 'No Light No Light' singer is said to be performing the band's hit song 'Gimmie Shelter', with Eric Clapton also scheduled to be making an appearance on the night.

Mary J Blige joined the group during their first headline gig last Sunday (25th November) for a rendition of the track and the red-haired star is hoping to outdo her fellow female star, reports The Sun.

"Mary J Blige did the female vocal part for the first show which blew the crowd away," a source told the publication. "But Florence is determined to raise the bar even higher. It will be an incredible moment."

The singer is currently in the middle of a European tour with Florence & The Machine and faces a race against time to make the show.

"It is very, very tight indeed but it will definitely happen," the source added. "You would never in a million years turn down the opportunity to duet with Mick on such an iconic song."

The Rolling Stones' first show also them reunited with former members Bill Wyman and Mick Taylor – the first time they've been together on stage in two decades.

[www.capitalfm.com]

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 2 of 44

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1641
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home