Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234
Current Page: 4 of 4
Re: MT to perform the four remaining shows
Posted by: Fredluvzstones ()
Date: November 27, 2012 19:40

Not sure how to contact you VT22.

Posted by: VT22 ()
Date: November 27, 2012 19:52

++++++++++++++++++++

Posted by: frozengold ()
Date: November 30, 2012 00:14

Mick Taylor was a big disapoinment on Midnight Rambler. He played to loud and did not listen to Keith and Ronnie. To many notes and some of them off key. A bluesman like he should not make mistakes like that. It was like he was trying to make up for all those years not being in the band.
I always been a Taylor fan but he is not the same guitar player he used to be.

Posted by: lettingitbleed ()
Date: November 30, 2012 00:20

stonesfrkk
paulm
I was thinking about this Erik...first, aside from MT being a w@nker for leaving the band...

For last night's concert, the Stones did not want to incite riot by unleashing MT's full talent. Tumbling Dice and Honky Tonk would have showcased MT's talents EVEN MORE than Rambler. Rambler holds MT in check by its stops, except for the end.

By contrast, what MT was doing in '72-'73 with Tumbling, Honky Tonk, even Brown Sugar was more lyrical. His playing might have STOLEN EVEN MORE LIMELIGHT from the others, perhaps resulting in a riot to reinstate him.
What are they going to reinstate him as? The creepy king kong stalker?

Ha! thumbs up tongue sticking out smiley

Posted by: straycatblues73 ()
Date: November 30, 2012 00:46

winter
71Tele
Well, I suppose we can now officially talk about Mick Taylor's "controversial" appearance with the Stones. smoking smiley

The first "controversial" MT guest spot. The second one will be Thursday when he uses that newfound stage movement to even greater effect and completes a walk around the pit circle causing Jagger's jaw to drop in admiration at his shy former guitarist's new willingness to engage. He is 'hired' on the spot to play 6-7 songs a night on the 2013 tour and given immediate access to Stones' security, trainers, tech crew and Chuck's live song arrangements coaching to get ready.

The third controversial Taylor show will be in NJ when he steps up to the mic and nails all of the scraggly harmonies that Keith should be singing. The fourth controversial Taylor appearance will be NJ#2 on the PPV when MJ's mic cuts out again on Miss You and MT runs out onstage from the wings and covers Jagger's falsetto lead vocals flawlessly on Bernard's mic until MJ's mic problems are fixed. The controversies are just gettin' started, 71Tele.

what ? isnt he going to sing leather jacket ?

Date: November 30, 2012 01:11

Very funny!

Date: November 30, 2012 02:50

Put Mick Taylor back in the barbands playing time waits for no one. This was a to big show for him or let him play in a Stones coverband in Vegas. Thank god for Ronnie, he is the reason the band are still together.

Posted by: ohnonotyouagain ()
Date: November 30, 2012 02:53

From the briefs clips I've heard his playing has certainly been a highlight of the first two shows.

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: November 30, 2012 02:56

frozengold
Put Mick Taylor back in the barbands playing time waits for no one. This was a to big show for him or let him play in a Stones coverband in Vegas. Thank god for Ronnie, he is the reason the band are still together.

Fortunately, the decision is not up to you. And I think you meant "too big".

Posted by: OneHit ()
Date: November 30, 2012 03:30

The ad running on PPV in Australia for One More Shot says GOOMC and Shattered will be played. Can't see MT on either of those....

Date: November 30, 2012 05:52

Fred, any more insight from your source that makes your prediction more or less likely to happen?

Date: November 30, 2012 06:38

Was not a prediction.
I was told he is to play the remaining shows that are currently planned.
I know nothing more and I doubt I would say even if I did at this point.

Date: November 30, 2012 06:42

Fredluvzstones
Was not a prediction.
I was told he is to play the remaining shows that are currently planned.
I know nothing more and I doubt I would say even if I did at this point.

Well, thank you.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-11-30 06:42 by 71Tele.

Posted by: stonesfrkk ()
Date: November 30, 2012 06:56

lettingitbleed
stonesfrkk
paulm
I was thinking about this Erik...first, aside from MT being a w@nker for leaving the band...

For last night's concert, the Stones did not want to incite riot by unleashing MT's full talent. Tumbling Dice and Honky Tonk would have showcased MT's talents EVEN MORE than Rambler. Rambler holds MT in check by its stops, except for the end.

By contrast, what MT was doing in '72-'73 with Tumbling, Honky Tonk, even Brown Sugar was more lyrical. His playing might have STOLEN EVEN MORE LIMELIGHT from the others, perhaps resulting in a riot to reinstate him.
What are they going to reinstate him as? The creepy king kong stalker?

Ha! thumbs up tongue sticking out smiley
The Stones did make a little bit of a blunder, Thay should of had MT in the King Kong suit face and all had him roll up on the stage in a cage and Jagger take a key and let him out,do his thing and then after it's done let the straight jacket guys take him away that would of been great marketing!

Date: November 30, 2012 07:04

71tele I would message you if I could.

Posted by: stonesfrkk ()
Date: November 30, 2012 07:28

Fredluvzstones
71tele I would message you if I could.
Don't worry Fred i don't think he will be playing in the US.I would love to see it though!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-11-30 07:29 by stonesfrkk.

Goto Page: Previous1234
Current Page: 4 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1628
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home