Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 2 of 4
Re: MT to perform the four remaining shows
Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: November 26, 2012 20:38

sanQ
I don't know why they only have him playing on one song. C'mon Mick Jagger and get him in there to solo on ALL the songs!!!

I'd like to see that as well. At least, more than 1 song

Really really hope Taylor will be playing at them 2013 shows, since I don't get to see them this month....like so many others on this board. I'd bet it would even be easier to sell tickets for them, if Taylor's particiment is announced in advance

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-11-26 20:39 by Erik_Snow.

Posted by: Rokyfan ()
Date: November 26, 2012 20:58

look up "guest" in an English dictionary. he used to be in the band, he's not anymore. And if they go on tour in 2013, he's not trotting around the world with them to do 1 or 2 songs. It's slightly more sensible than wishing Joey, Dee Dee and Johnny would come back to life and go on tour again.

Posted by: carlitosbaez ()
Date: November 26, 2012 21:04

What happen with the Spain show?
They are on Sale Dec 15th [www.cajastur.es]

and plays here [www.niemeyercenter.org]
I phoned them and the show is on here in Spain, so don't know from which info you got those 4 gigs with the Stones
Carlitos
Tenerife

Date: November 26, 2012 21:09

Rokyfan
look up "guest" in an English dictionary. he used to be in the band, he's not anymore. And if they go on tour in 2013, he's not trotting around the world with them to do 1 or 2 songs. It's slightly more sensible than wishing Joey, Dee Dee and Johnny would come back to life and go on tour again.

Not 1 or 2 songs, no, that's why I'm hoping for more than that.

You can look up whatever you want in the dictionary, but if Blondie can be with the band for every show during a tour, then it surely is not impossible that Taylor could be included - if the band, and Taylor wanted to

Posted by: BustedButton ()
Date: November 26, 2012 21:19

Skeptical of this... unless we hear about a cancellation for the show in Spain. The problem is, he already cancelled this show and then re-booked it for the 15th. We're all hoping he cancels the same show twice, but that'd be a weird thing to do, right? Wrong, do it MT! Cancel the 15th and show up in Newark.

Posted by: RollingFreak ()
Date: November 26, 2012 21:22

BustedButton
Skeptical of this... unless we hear about a cancellation for the show in Spain. The problem is, he already cancelled this show and then re-booked it for the 15th. We're all hoping he cancels the same show twice, but that'd be a weird thing to do, right? Wrong, do it MT! Cancel the 15th and show up in Newark.
Sorry Spain, but I have to cancel on you again to go to the murder capital of the Northeast!

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: November 26, 2012 21:23

Rokyfan

I doubt if Keys played on more than about 5 songs and Ries probably played on less.

Bringing Taylor out for a couple of songs each night is absolutely doable. Its not as if they'd be touring for months at a time nor is it as if they would be having to pay putting someone like Clapton on the payroll.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-11-27 03:24 by Gazza.

Posted by: cn854 ()
Date: November 26, 2012 21:28

Can't see Taylor going on tour for one song a night.

But if Taylor isn't there, I'm not spending one bloddy cent on this circus show

Posted by: Ricky ()
Date: November 26, 2012 21:29

Rare.
His show in Aviles was rescheduled from November 24th to December 15th.... if he knows that he is going to play in USA, Why choose that date?

Date: November 26, 2012 21:31

Gazza
Bringing Taylor out for a couple of songs each night is absolutely doable. Its not as if they'd be touring for months at a time nor is it as if they would be having to pay putting someone like Clapton on the payroll.

Indeed, it is. Blondie Chaplin is not a part of the 2012 concerts, either, is he?
If that's true....then it's even more "doable" to have Taylor there for all shows, and more likely that he'll be playing on more than just "Midnight Rambler"

If Taylor's in the band, then I consider seeing several shows next year, and I bet many feel the same. And I'm not even a Taylorite

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: November 26, 2012 21:32

Erik_Snow
Rokyfan

You can look up whatever you want in the dictionary, but if Blondie can be with the band for every show during a tour, then it surely is not impossible that Taylor could be included - if the band, and Taylor wanted to

Why do you suppose they put him on a song that isn't even from the Taylor era? Because of Ya Ya's? I'm trying to look that up in the dictionary but its not cooperating

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: November 26, 2012 21:35

The drama! Of course have no idea, but what if it goes like this?

MT: "OK I will play the iconic songs I helped to craft for your 50th anniversary but what about some back royalties."
MJ: "Forget it, we'll give you one song at o2"
MT: "Fine I'll do it for the fans but for one song per concert I am not going to the US."
MJ: "OK if we give you two songs will you fly over?"
MT: "Hey I have a family and my old age to support here and another show in Spain lined up, so if it means that much to you... Royalites?"
MJ: "Let's see how you do with one song on Sunday nite. . ."

IF it were me I'd write that check out so fast and give him the whole stage!

Date: November 26, 2012 21:38

Munichhilton
Erik_Snow
Rokyfan

Why do you suppose they put him on a song that isn't even from the Taylor era? Because of Ya Ya's? I'm trying to look that up in the dictionary but its not cooperating

Ya Ya is not in the dictionary? Try looking on "Taylor" or "Midnight Rambler" then

I guess they chose Rambler because it's long enough and because it's the highlight of the 1969-1973 era, concertwise. If they went for Tumbling Dice or something, then they had to have him for another song as well. Just 5 minutes of this historical sight/listen is way too less

Posted by: arthritis ()
Date: November 26, 2012 21:39

I wonder how much they're paying Mick Taylor for these shows? Maybe $300 a show.

Posted by: paulm ()
Date: November 26, 2012 21:48

I was thinking about this Erik...first, aside from MT being a w@nker for leaving the band...

For last night's concert, the Stones did not want to incite riot by unleashing MT's full talent. Tumbling Dice and Honky Tonk would have showcased MT's talents EVEN MORE than Rambler. Rambler holds MT in check by its stops, except for the end.

By contrast, what MT was doing in '72-'73 with Tumbling, Honky Tonk, even Brown Sugar was more lyrical. His playing might have STOLEN EVEN MORE LIMELIGHT from the others, perhaps resulting in a riot to reinstate him.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-11-26 21:48 by paulm.

Posted by: thunderball ()
Date: November 26, 2012 21:48

Rokyfan
I don't get why it would be a problem to play in NJ on Dec 13 and Spain Dec 15.

Jetlag may be a problem. He couldn't fly out until the morning of the 14th at the earliest which means arriving in Spain late evening. Then there's travelling to the place wherever MT is playing. His body clock would all over the place and he might find it a bit too much.

Posted by: chop ()
Date: November 26, 2012 21:52

I'm sure ol Bill got a very robust payday for a very light workload on Sunday at the 02. No way in hell he turns down the US shows, too much $$$ at stake

Date: November 26, 2012 21:53

paulm
I was thinking about this Erik...first, aside from MT being a w@nker for leaving the band...

For last night's concert, the Stones did not want to incite riot by unleashing MT's full talent. Tumbling Dice and Honky Tonk would have showcased MT's talents EVEN MORE than Rambler. Rambler holds MT in check by its stops, except for the end.

By contrast, what MT was doing in '72-'73 with Tumbling, Honky Tonk, even Brown Sugar was more lyrical. His playing might have STOLEN EVEN MORE LIMELIGHT from the others, perhaps resulting in a riot to reinstate him.

Yes you are right, Paul,
that's why I wrote that Rambler was the highlight of the 72-73 shows, instead of saying that it's "Taylor's greatest moment during those years"....because it isn't.

Would be interesting to hear what he would add in those songs you mention there....and also in Sympathy or All Down The Line

Date: November 26, 2012 21:53

thunderball
Rokyfan
I don't get why it would be a problem to play in NJ on Dec 13 and Spain Dec 15.

Jetlag may be a problem. He couldn't fly out until the morning of the 14th at the earliest which means arriving in Spain late evening. Then there's travelling to the place wherever MT is playing. His body clock would all over the place and he might find it a bit too much.
Yeah, I just personally don't see why he'd be all over the place traveling for 3 days straight. He's not young, and he doesn't HAVE to be at the NJ shows. It would obviously be nice, but if he doesn't enjoy traveling even more than one day a week (he has a right to do whatever he wants), I just don't see why he'd waste the time. Obviously he has the ability to do it, I just figure he'd rather stay relaxed in London for his solo show as opposed to traveling possibly the most he's done in years, right before it. I just don't see him getting on a plane to go to the 13th show then booking it out of there quickly for some reason.

Posted by: Rokyfan ()
Date: November 26, 2012 21:54

Erik_Snow
Munichhilton
Erik_Snow
Rokyfan

Ya Ya is not in the dictionary? Try looking on "Taylor" or "Midnight Rambler" then

I guess they chose Rambler because it's long enough and because it's the highlight of the 1969-1973 era, concertwise. If they went for Tumbling Dice or something, then they had to have him for another song as well. Just 5 minutes of this historical sight/listen is way too less
Yeah, maybe listening to the cut from last night will provide the answer. Ramber not from the Taylor era? Rubbish. it was the centerpiece of the early taylor era shows, regardless of whether he played ont he LIB studio cut which is totally irrelevant.

But he's still not rejoining the band.

Date: November 26, 2012 21:58

Rokyfan
Ramber not from the Taylor era? Rubbish.

You're adressing Munichhilton, not me. Yes indeed it's a Taylor era staple

Posted by: Fredluvzstones ()
Date: November 27, 2012 01:54

Taylor's appearence on Stage would do so much for him for the rest of his life. Instead of "Who the Hell is Mick taylor" it would be "Oh Yeah, he is that guy that played with the Rolling Stones"!!
I trust my contact's information. I have shared it with you. If you want to dis believe it then disbelieve it.
I wish like Hell I was going to one of these shows now.

Posted by: Woz ()
Date: November 27, 2012 02:51

I believe he'll be there. It's a shitty little gig in Spain. He can do that and maybe pocket 500 or 1,000 quid if he is lucky, or he can play in front of 20,000 people with the Rolling Stones. Even if he wasn't paid (which I doubt) his travel would be paid, so, what part of that choice is hard to make? Like his fans in Spain will be pissed because be the Stones? This is a no-brainer if ever there was one. Re-live your glory years or play in some crappy club?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-11-27 03:37 by Woz.

Posted by: black n blue ()
Date: November 27, 2012 02:56

Give up you MT religion my god.

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: November 27, 2012 03:10

Yeah he was clearly enjoying himself yesterday, actually he was pretty much running the show during Rambler, which is pretty mind boggling when you think of where he's been since, well...in fact when I saw him play at The Mean Fiddler in 1992 he was just like in the 70s, not moving at all. Really incredible what happened last night!

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: The Sicilian ()
Date: November 27, 2012 03:45

arthritis
I wonder how much they're paying Mick Taylor for these shows? Maybe $300 a show.
Plus the bought out the last of the supply of Twinkies.

Date: November 27, 2012 03:52

Since Keith can't play anymore. It would only make sense to have MT playing

Date: November 27, 2012 03:54

Woz
I believe he'll be there. It's a shitty little gig in Spain. He can do that and maybe pocket 500 or 1,000 quid if he is lucky, or he can play in front of 20,000 people with the Rolling Stones. Even if he wasn't paid (which I doubt) his travel would be paid, so, what part of that choice is hard to make? Like his fans in Spain will be pissed because be the Stones? This is a no-brainer if ever there was one. Re-live your glory years or play in some crappy club?
I agree with all of that. The ONLY thing is when the show was rescheduled, the Stones had already announced the Newark 15th date. Why if there was even any chance he would play there would be reschedule to THAT date? Thats the only thing that gets me. Obviously don't play the crappy club date (sorry Spain), but the reschedule to that date makes absolutely no sense.

Posted by: Woz ()
Date: November 27, 2012 03:56

RollingFreak
Woz
I agree with all of that. The ONLY thing is when the show was rescheduled, the Stones had already announced the Newark 15th date. Why if there was even any chance he would play there would be reschedule to THAT date? Thats the only thing that gets me. Obviously don't play the crappy club date (sorry Spain), but the reschedule to that date makes absolutely no sense.

Unless he wasn't asked until after the gig was rescheduled. Believe me, my quip reflects hope he will be there as I am flying from SF to Newark for the December 13 show and return home and will watch the PPV on December 15.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-11-27 03:57 by Woz.

Posted by: rainhog ()
Date: November 27, 2012 04:07

Witness, Like the way you think. that would be awesome!

Goto Page: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 2 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1298
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home