Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

OT. Scott Asheton of The Stooges
Posted by: Kurt ()
Date: November 26, 2012 16:06

OT on this fabulous Stones morning!

This is fantastic!
In my humble opinion, as always...

Scott Asheton is Healthy!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2012-11-28 16:00 by Kurt.

Re: OT: The Stooges have Recorded New Songs
Posted by: andy js ()
Date: November 26, 2012 16:14

If it's half as bad as the last Stooges album lets hope they rethink the idea

What a way to tarnish a legacy

Posted by: seitan ()
Date: November 26, 2012 17:12

The previous reunion album " weirdness" was a load of crap - I hope the new songs are better, I'm worried about their legacy and I have to say with all honesty - the substitute drummer for Scott, played much better than Scott himeself. I think Scott should retire and let that young guy do his job, I'm sorry - but it's just honest humble opinion, but let's hope that I'm wrong - and they do make a killer album, that would be great indeed.

Posted by: LieB ()
Date: November 26, 2012 17:32

Don't expect too much from a bunch of 60+ year old men. If the legacy really mattered, they should never have reunited in the first place. The stuff they made 1969-74 were so unique, so spontaneous, so out of place, so drugged out and adolecent, they would never be able to do that again.

James Williamson wrote some fantastic stuff with Iggy -- hopefully he's come up with some good songs this time as well. Perhaps a new Kill City kind of album would be more realistic (less impossible) than another Raw Power.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-11-26 17:45 by LieB.

Posted by: seitan ()
Date: November 26, 2012 17:49

LieB
Don't expect too much from a bunch of 60+ year old men. If the legacy really mattered, they should never have reunited in the first place. The stuff they made 1969-74 were so unique, so spontaneous, so out of place, so drugged out and adolecent, they would never be able to do that again.

James Williamson wrote some fantastic stuff with Iggy -- hopefully he's come up with some good songs this time as well. Perhaps a new Kill City kind of album would be more realistic (less impossible) than another Raw Power.

I agree. It's interesting to hear what James can deliver today. I love Kill City.

Posted by: kowalski ()
Date: November 26, 2012 18:56

LieB

Never went to any of the reunited band shows? It's among the best rock concerts I've seen in the 2000's. The Asheton brothers line-up played incredibly well. Very focused and sharp. James Williamson is still playing very well too. Obviously Iggy still knows how to get the best out of this band...

Iggy and the Stooges in Paris , Sept. 2012 :

Posted by: folke ()
Date: November 26, 2012 19:53

James Williamson has been talking for a while about re-recording Stooges songs that are only available on bootlegs and non-official Stooges albums. So I guess the upcoming album will contain songs like "Open up and bleed", "Cock in my pocket" and more.

Posted by: Kurt ()
Date: November 26, 2012 21:06

seitan
The previous reunion album " weirdness" was a load of crap - I hope the new songs are better, I'm worried about their legacy and I have to say with all honesty - the substitute drummer for Scott, played much better than Scott himeself. I think Scott should retire and let that young guy do his job, I'm sorry - but it's just honest humble opinion, but let's hope that I'm wrong - and they do make a killer album, that would be great indeed.

Here's my take on that, and no offense to you seitan...

A replacement may play "better", but you can't replace an original.

Without an Asheton brother on stage, you might as well be going to see an Iggy Pop solo show. Nothing wrong with an Iggy Pop solo show, but I want The Stooges!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1069
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home