Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12345Next
Current Page: 2 of 5
Re: Set list - what a drag
Posted by: mickscarey ()
Date: November 26, 2012 03:26

dedo?

Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: November 26, 2012 03:30

what was theselist?

Posted by: tatters ()
Date: November 26, 2012 03:32

----Intro: Sympathy For The Devil
01. I Wanna Be Your Man
02. Get Of Off My Cloud
03. It's All Over Now
04. Paint It Black
05. Gimme Shelter (with Mary J. Blige)
06. Wild Horses
07. All Down The Line
08. Going Down (with Jeff Beck)
09. Out Of Control
10. One More Shot
11. Doom And Gloom
12. It's Only Rock 'n' Roll (But I Like It) (with Bill Wyman)
13. Honky Tonk Woman (with Bill Wyman)
----Band Introductions
14. Before They Make Me Run
15. Happy
16. Midnight Rambler (with Mick Taylor)
17. Miss You
18. Start Me Up
19. Tumbling Dice
20. Brown Sugar
21. Sympathy For The Devil

----Encore:
22. You Can't Always Get What You Want (with London Youth Choir)
23. Jumping Jack Flash

Posted by: dedospegajosos ()
Date: November 26, 2012 03:32

arthritis
dedospegajosos
arthritis
dedospegajosos
I say , as a new resolution in the spirit of this new stones season, let's bully all this god damn whiners out of here forever. They are really ruining the stones experience for me and a lot of people...fu..ing losers! do you even like the band?? god damn! go and fuc-ing listen to the 81 shows for setlist variety, dumbasses!

If the stones are playing really well, how could someone typing on the internet about them possibly affect your enjoyment of them unless deep down you felt some of the negative critiques were accurate?[/quo
of course I agree with a lot of the critisism, but is the constant WHINIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIING that it is turning this site (which I really love) into crap.It´s very simple really...

Do you consider your goal of silencing everyone that disagrees with you to be attainable?[/quo

I dont mind If the whole world disagrees with me, whining (again) is the problem! I wish a lot of the whiners change their attitude and focus a little more on the positive, that´s all ... and now I sound like a pussy, I know hehe.. cheers Arthritis!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-11-26 03:45 by dedospegajosos.

Posted by: custom55 ()
Date: November 26, 2012 03:43

The bitch keeps bitching

Posted by: J.J.Flash ()
Date: November 26, 2012 03:47

WORST THREAD OF 2012. COMPLAINING ABOUT NO SONGS FROM ALBUMS PEOPLE COMPLAINED ABOUT? WHAT NEXT. NO SATANIC MAJESTIES?!!!!!YOU FOOL!

Date: November 26, 2012 03:50

J.J.Flash
WORST THREAD OF 2012. COMPLAINING ABOUT NO SONGS FROM ALBUMS PEOPLE COMPLAINED ABOUT? WHAT NEXT. NO SATANIC MAJESTIES?!!!!!YOU FOOL!

well said Flash!

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: November 26, 2012 03:57

J.J.Flash

I'm really upset that they didn't play anything from "Satanic Majesties".

Date: November 26, 2012 04:01

Its a damn miracle these guys are still playing...what a great day, love the Stones

Posted by: whitem8 ()
Date: November 26, 2012 04:16

Face it meekscary, your just pissed because they opened with a Beatles song! Love it!

Posted by: J.J.Flash ()
Date: November 26, 2012 04:32

Do you people go to other concerts? I believe other artists play their "warhorses" as well?

Wow ! shocker! the who played Won't get fooled again,baba, can't explain,magic bus,the real me. What a bunch of rubbish.

Posted by: Jah Paul ()
Date: November 26, 2012 09:37

J.J.Flash
Do you people go to other concerts? I believe other artists play their "warhorses" as well?

Wow ! shocker! the who played Won't get fooled again,baba, can't explain,magic bus,the real me. What a bunch of rubbish.

Many established artists don't play all of their warhorses all the time...for 25 years on end. And they vary their setlists, too - from tour to tour, sometimes even show to show.

"Warhorses" don't have to be the norm...it's okay to challenge the audience, but the Stones don't subscribe to that theory. I don't expect otherwise from them.

Posted by: TOOTSIE ()
Date: November 26, 2012 09:44

They have a set list of 100s of songs, its good to have them back plaing some of those, its enough to get the band back on the road !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by: Happy24 ()
Date: November 26, 2012 09:53

There are so many things about the last night show that make most of more than happy - most importantly the band sounded fantastic on the first night after 5 years, Keith played better than he had in 15 years, Bill, Mick T., 2,5 hour setlist, quite a lot of nice rarities...all in all the show exceeded the most optimistic expectations...

...yet there are always enough of idiots who only see it as an oppotrunity to start another stupid thread to thow up their retarded minds on us. If I was to be honest and tell you fankly what I think about you, mickscary and the likes of you...well, nevermind, I'll keep my manners

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-11-26 09:54 by Happy24.

Posted by: swiss ()
Date: November 26, 2012 09:54

mickscarey --- I know this might be really hard for you to do, but for your sake and the
sake of others:

Step away from the crack pipe.
(or at least your computer)

thank you,
swiss

Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: November 26, 2012 09:56

GravityBoy
mickscarey
Nothing. Nothing!!!! Past 198?! (Except the 2 new ones). What a joke

I think a lot of people are saying "thank God".

thumbs upthumbs upthumbs upsmileys with beer

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: November 26, 2012 10:00

swiss
mickscarey --- I know this might be really hard for you to do, but for your sake and the
sake of others:

thank you,
swiss

LOL

Posted by: crumbling_mice ()
Date: November 26, 2012 12:10

It was a perfectly good set list, moved through the years chronologically and included some rareties on the way. Why in God's name would they play anything from ABB, it was a dreadful album and to put one of those songs in in place of a classic Jagger/Richards song would be heresy to those who paid a small fortune to be there. They managed to mix the WarHorses with unusual choices.

No set list will please everybody and at least they left out Satisfaction as an encore which must have been a massive relief to many there.

Posted by: Witness ()
Date: November 26, 2012 12:35

I am pleased by the fact that both the new songs were played.

Usually I like to hear even more songs from later years.

However, on the present occasion to me the two new songs take as starting point for a new possible development of the band stylistically the period of their transition from their late 60s singles to the '68 - '72 albums. Then, paradoxially, it is in harmony with their latest output to have a setlist with less songs from later years.

If new concerts are to follow next year, and if those were to be preceded by an inspired new album, my hope is that some songs from such an album would feature in live concerts then.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-11-26 12:37 by Witness.

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: November 26, 2012 12:37

What a drag of a topic.

Posted by: rebelrebel ()
Date: November 26, 2012 12:37

The bootleg series made me realise that the problem on the last tour wasn't so much the predictable setlists as the poor playing of those songs. Some - Sympathy and Satisfaction for example - had become so bland I just didn't want to hear them anymore. None of them seemed to have any real fire behind them with an honourable exception of Midnight Rambler, O2 second night 2007. And the real problem was Keith not really being present. In 2012 that problem is solved. ALL the old warhorses sounded fresh and dynamic and Sympathy in particular is reborn. Add to that some early material, new material and the odd surprise, Out of Control on Sunday, maybe Moonlight Mile another night, and I have no complaints at all.

Posted by: GravityBoy ()
Date: November 26, 2012 12:48

Yeah... Keith is LUCID and ON THE BALL.

Makes a hell of a difference.

Posted by: andrea66 ()
Date: November 26, 2012 12:49

i was expecting more surprises too, the 2nd part of the show was too similar to the past tours, disappointing.
But for this time i don't want to complain, I am thankful to the Stones they did this 5 gigs come-back. we'll see what's going on in the next 4 gigs

SHUT UP FOOL grinning smiley
Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: November 26, 2012 12:51

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Posted by: Zagalo ()
Date: November 26, 2012 12:52

The setlist was great, well paced - the time just passed by so quickly!
All the band were on form - the sound was balanced and loud and separation was great...
...and a mention for Charlie, never stopped smiling (they all did really) and he was really hitting that drum kit!!

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: November 26, 2012 12:55

-

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-11-26 15:18 by Erik_Snow.

Date: November 26, 2012 12:58

you know what have been cool. i setlist that was an actual trip through the bands history. divide it into sections and take a break if you must. something like this:
set 1
1 i wanna be your man
2 little red rooster
3 tell me
4 the last time
5 not fade away
7 get off my cloud
8 19th nervous breakdown
9 paint it black
10 you got the silver
11 midnight rambler
12 you can't always get what you want

20 minute break
set 2
1 brown sugar
2 wild horses
3 sway
4 rocks off
5 happy
6 it's only rock n roll
7 miss you
8 beast of burden
9 start me up
10 mixed emotions
11 rough justice
12 doom and gloom
13 one more shot

encore
1 jumping jack flash
2 satisfaction

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-11-26 12:59 by keefriffhard4life.

Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: November 26, 2012 14:34

Jagger's joke about playing all of TSMR was hilarious. I thought about this Forum.

Posted by: Grison ()
Date: November 26, 2012 14:45

swiss
sake of others:

thank you,
swiss
Thanks you SWISS. This was a blast of a concert and every minute was worth paying the price. No, every second. Get away you whining preachers who ask for things which might not happen. The way they did the songs were much different to ABB. Thank you very much Rolling Stones

Posted by: mickscarey ()
Date: November 26, 2012 14:56

keefriffhard4life
you know what have been cool. i setlist that was an actual trip through the bands history. divide it into sections and take a break if you must. something like this:
set 1
1 i wanna be your man
2 little red rooster
3 tell me
4 the last time
5 not fade away
7 get off my cloud
8 19th nervous breakdown
9 paint it black
10 you got the silver
11 midnight rambler
12 you can't always get what you want

20 minute break
set 2
1 brown sugar
2 wild horses
3 sway
4 rocks off
5 happy
6 it's only rock n roll
7 miss you
8 beast of burden
9 start me up
10 mixed emotions
11 rough justice
12 doom and gloom
13 one more shot

encore
1 jumping jack flash
2 satisfaction

Sort of agree. They need to mix in more recent songs

Goto Page: Previous12345Next
Current Page: 2 of 5

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1613
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home