Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Best Special Guest Performance Tonight?
Posted by: Bliss ()
Date: November 26, 2012 14:02

SundanceKid
Mick Taylor. No contest.
Jeff Beck, despite his technical prowess, seemed in the wrong place and just didn't fit. Taylor on the other end, really made something special happen.

Really glad to hear this. So happy it worked out for MT and the fans who missed him.

Posted by: Come On ()
Date: November 26, 2012 14:11

Must have been MJB

Posted by: VT22 ()
Date: November 26, 2012 18:41

SundanceKid
Mick Taylor. No contest.
Jeff Beck, despite his technical prowess, seemed in the wrong place and just didn't fit. Taylor on the other end, really made something special happen.

Jeff doesn't need technical prowess to play almost as beautiful as Taylor, listen to Jeff's ballads, but then he is no genuine Stone. To me Beck convincingly proved that there can happen something special when you change the musical strategy, be it for only one song. I think you agree on that.
Nothing beats Taylor with the Stones in this context of course. Let's hope for some footage, and I do wish Mick plays along with the Stones on many more songs during the rest of their upcoming concerts.

Posted by: LieB ()
Date: November 26, 2012 19:14

From those who went to the show ... how did Mick Taylor's playing mesh with Ronnie and Keith in the mix? In the worst case, I can hear a bunch of noodling lost in a pile of ancient weaving... But I expect Woody and Keef gave the ol' Little Mick the room he deserved.

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: November 26, 2012 20:29

Bol
GravityBoy
Boring Wyman... boring Wyman... boring Wyman... boring Wyman....

...words.. in.. ears... round... brain... sense.. none...

Are you serious? Although MT was brilliant on Midnight Rambler, seeing Bill on stage again was the high point for me.

Not a lot of serious in this thread, but of course that doesnt stop bossy douchebags from showing up and demanding to get involved in a conversation they are not part of... but that is typical of some here.

Date: November 26, 2012 20:32

Bliss
Max'sKansasCity
71Tele
Max'sKansasCity
71Tele
Max'sKansasCity
71Tele
Max'sKansasCity
71Tele
The big question for me is how many songs will Taylor and Wyman guest on, and will they appear together? I guess we'll know soon enough!
Only 2-3 hours left until your bubble is popped and you will see The Stones are the same band with or without Lumpy Taylor and Boring Wyman.

You just don't quit, do you? For someone who often chastises others for their perceived negativity, your hostility to what were two actual members of the band is quite puzzling. Maybe now I should be the one calling you "grumpy" and accusing you of "hating" the Rolling Stones, as you often have done to me.

But no matter. Not letting you spoil my fun. Only wish I could be there.

If you think these two appearing on stage for 2-3 songs will magically turn back the clock to 1972.... well... you are about to have your bubble popped.... and dont forget you have a pile, a huge stack of negative credits, for all the Ronnie bashing you have done, and do.... and you can feel free to call me anything you want.

And who said I thought that it would be like 1972? You are projecting your assumptions onto me again. Why can't you just enjoy the reunion (however brief) like the rest of us, for what it is, rather than trying to use it to make some kind of petty internet fansite point?

cuz....
Ronnie is no quitter... and all you do is bash him... and he has been with them faaaaaaaarrr longer than your hero Lumpy Taylor.... who quit.... as did Boring Wyman... who also quit.... they are quitters... and yet you fawn over them like fallen heros.... they quit. If the rest of the band were like your heros... there would be nothing but football going on today... they all would have quit.

Sigh...You send like a 7-year old. Please fight with another 7-year old, I'm too busy enjoying the anticipation of the show.
NO!! Youre a 7 year old!

winking smiley

Come on... if we cant be there... a good bar board brawl is almost as good.

Time to drop this for good, Max. You made your point. Enough already.

Sorry blissy busybody, but you are going to have to show up about 12 hours sooner if you wanted to get in on this board brawl.... Im not really in the mood right now... but maybe later... Il let you know.... umkay?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-11-26 21:56 by Max'sKansasCity.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: November 26, 2012 20:39

LieB
From those who went to the show ... how did Mick Taylor's playing mesh with Ronnie and Keith in the mix? In the worst case, I can hear a bunch of noodling lost in a pile of ancient weaving... But I expect Woody and Keef gave the ol' Little Mick the room he deserved.

It was beautiful. As for 'room he deserved', Mick T was stage front, playing as a foil off Jagger and moving around like I've never seen him before.

They not only gave him the room he deserved, they gave him enough to deliver what was actually a show-stealing performance. He absolutely owned the song.

I really enjoyed all of the guest appearances. Not a single one of them dragged and all of them added something positive. The Beck/Keef/Woody guitar onslaught on Goin Down was fantastic.

Posted by: salty ()
Date: November 26, 2012 21:53

Definitely Mick Taylor.

My only criticism of his performance would be that it was too short - would have been great to hear him play on more songs.

Posted by: GravityBoy ()
Date: November 26, 2012 21:58

Max'sKansasCity
Not a lot of serious in this thread, but of course that doesnt stop bossy douchebags from showing up and demanding to get involved in a conversation they are not part of... but that is typical of some here.

I'm going to think of a killer line here... soon anyway... when the alcoholic fog lifts.... (or during).. just wait....

Posted by: roby ()
Date: November 26, 2012 21:59

Mick Taylor off course. Sorry for Ronnie...

Date: November 26, 2012 22:02

GravityBoy
Max'sKansasCity

I'm going to think of a killer line here... soon anyway... when the alcoholic fog lifts.... (or during).. just wait....

We have time... take your time.... but maybe wait till this Thursday.... about 4:00 EST

Posted by: IGTBA ()
Date: November 26, 2012 22:04

Gazza
LieB

It was beautiful. As for 'room he deserved', Mick T was stage front, playing as a foil off Jagger and moving around like I've never seen him before.

They not only gave him the room he deserved, they gave him enough to deliver what was actually a show-stealing performance. He absolutely owned the song.

I really enjoyed all of the guest appearances. Not a single one of them dragged and all of them added something positive. The Beck/Keef/Woody guitar onslaught on Goin Down was fantastic.

Agree 100 percent! And they, especially Ronnie, appeared to enjoy giving MT room to shine.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2203
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home