Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: I-Tune$ and the $TONE$
Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: November 23, 2012 22:01

Who the hell doesn't have iTunes?

I have it and I don't even own an apple product...I despise apple.

I just have it loaded on my PC, and have ripped all my CDs to lossless and this acts as my juke box.

Occasionally starbucks offers interesting 'free downloads' for new music, that I download from ITunes, and I think once I've actually purchased a song for 99 cents.

It's easy, hassle free etc. What is there to fret about, at least they're offering this stuff now?!

Posted by: kowalski ()
Date: November 23, 2012 23:22

Some iTunes-only releases :
So Young (Piano Version) (bonus to Some Girls reissue)
All Down The Line (alternate)
Wild Horses EP (including video from Knebworth 1976)
She Said Yeah EP (ABKCO)
You Can't Always Get What You Want (Soulwax Remix) (ABKCO)
I'm Free Remixes EP (ABKCO)
Run Rudolph Run/Pressure Drop (KR)
Charmed Life - Remix EP (MJ)

There must be others I can't remember now. But the fact is most of these releases are now available on many online music retailer (such as 7digital,Qobuz, Amazon...)

Actually to me the biggest problem with these itunes releases is they were in very low quality (256kbps mp3 at best). Wish itunes would go lossless for such rarities...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-11-23 23:24 by kowalski.

Date: November 23, 2012 23:30

kowalski
She Said Yeah EP (ABKCO)

There must be others I can't remember now. But the fact is most of these releases are now available on many online music retailer (such as 7digital,Qobuz, Amazon...)

Actually to me the biggest problem with these itunes releases is they were in very low quality (256kbps mp3 at best). Wish itunes would go lossless for such rarities...

now that is a rant I can get behind!

Posted by: lamemodem2 ()
Date: November 24, 2012 02:07

It took way to long to figure out what the original poster was complaining about.

The "exclusive" Doom and Gloom mix that people are bitching about being available on iTunes is the "Jeff Bhasker Mix" that clocks in at 4:07. That's the exact same length as the "Radio Edit." They sound like the same track to me.

The "Jeff Bhasker Mix" is also available on Spotify and Amazon. It's not exclusive to iTunes. I didn't even look for it at other retailers, so it might be available at more stores. The "Radio Edit" seems to be available a few other places as well.

Also, iTunes doesn't cost anything. The application is a free download. Then you can purchase any song you want that they have for sale. Or not. You don't have to buy a new device, it works on both Mac and PC.

And so what if iTunes gets an exclusive? Is it really so different from Japanese releases getting a bonus track or two? Or Best Buy getting exclusive rights to Four Flicks for a few months? I think it's ridiculous to assume that suddenly iTunes will have world exclusive rights to any new Rolling Stones album releases and only make it available in shitty low quality mp3 files.

And if you want to complain (and we all do), why not bitch about Google? They have exclusive US rights to all six of the Stones Archive releases! Six never before released full length concerts! And you want to bitch about an 8 second longer remix? I do not understand.

treaclefingers
I despise apple.

Are you sure you despise Apple? You say such nice things about their product and seem to use it a lot.

treaclefingers
I just have it loaded on my PC, and have ripped all my CDs to lossless and this acts as my juke box.

It's easy, hassle free etc.

Posted by: LeonidP ()
Date: November 24, 2012 03:07

kowalski
She Said Yeah EP (ABKCO)

I don't really count these:
---------------------------------
---------------------------------
As far as I'm aware, these had nothing new from the Stones themselves. Didn't they also have some Symphony-Devil remixes, and an I'm Free remix -- although those may not have been iTunes-only, can't remember. Either way, remixes are pointless, unless the Stones themselves are involved in the new mix.

Date: November 24, 2012 03:25

treaclefingers
I despise apple.

Are you sure you despise Apple? You say such nice things about their product and seem to use it a lot.

treaclefingers

It's easy, hassle free etc.
[/quote]

Yes, quite sure, thanks for checking!

Posted by: souldoggie ()
Date: November 24, 2012 03:59

I don't know if I'm mad about this or if I don't care
But it feels like back in the early 70's when I had to buy Hendrix's "Smash Hits" album twice.....the second time I had to buy the expensive UK version to get "Highway Chile" and "51st Anniversary" and "STP with LSD".
I remember hating to have to buy that thing twice.
OK, I guess I'm mad.

Posted by: kowalski ()
Date: November 24, 2012 10:09

souldoggie
I don't know if I'm mad about this or if I don't care
But it feels like back in the early 70's when I had to buy Hendrix's "Smash Hits" album twice.....the second time I had to buy the expensive UK version to get "Highway Chile" and "51st Anniversary" and "STP with LSD".
I remember hating to have to buy that thing twice.
OK, I guess I'm mad.

I agree. I don't think it's that new in music industry to have unique tracks on one particular edition. In the sixties US versions of Stones albums had tracks that were unavailable in UK for instance. More recently the Japanese CD versions of Stones albums had often one exclusive track that was really difficult to find before the internet days (who does remember the live version of Angie on Bridges To Babylon?). Exclusive tracks to iTunes are just the same thing to me. And nowadays with internet it's very easy to get these tracks. Actually it can be a lot of fun to go after these rare tracks... Plus, as said in my previous post, most of these tracks are now available on other online music shops...

Posted by: Honestman ()
Date: November 24, 2012 11:02

I didn't thought that my english was so bad ...or that it was so hard for some of you to try to get my point here, I give up, let's forget it , and hail hail I-Tunes.

HMN

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1866
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home