Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Two New "Killer" Songs Show Stones Can Still Create Great Music!
Date: November 23, 2012 18:54

Please give us more!

I absolutely have "fallen in love" with Doom And Gloom and One More Shot! I say "fallen" because it took more than a few listens to realize how much I love each of these songs. Each of them have that element of drama that was missing on ABB. Both of them have now found their way deep into my brain - find myself humming them throughout the day.

So Mick, Keith: Don't Stop! Please give us more! Just one last great album that rolls from start to finish!

Re: Two New "Killer" Songs Show Stones Can Still Create Great Music!
Posted by: GumbootCloggeroo ()
Date: November 23, 2012 19:03

Hi stonescrow/thewatchman/mightystonesrollin50/doomngloom! Welcome back!

Date: November 23, 2012 19:15

GumbootCloggeroo
Hi stonescrow/thewatchman/mightystonesrollin50/doomngloom! Welcome back!

Oh, please, don't associate me with that obnoxious cheerleader. A fella could get "hung" around these parts being mentioned in the same breath!

Posted by: liddas ()
Date: November 23, 2012 20:05

Mmmmmmm, D&G (not to be mistaken with Dolce & Gabbana) is great, but shot still leaves me ... let's say cold.

C

Posted by: ash ()
Date: November 24, 2012 00:15

me too liddas - doom and gloom is excellent but shot is the usual shit i've come to expect from the once great stones. i was really disappointed when i heard it having heard dooooommmmm and gloooooommmmm

Posted by: arthritis ()
Date: November 24, 2012 00:27

JumpinJackOLantern
Please give us more!

I absolutely have "fallen in love" with Doom And Gloom and One More Shot! I say "fallen" because it took more than a few listens to realize how much I love each of these songs. Each of them have that element of drama that was missing on ABB. Both of them have now found their way deep into my brain - find myself humming them throughout the day.

So Mick, Keith: Don't Stop! Please give us more! Just one last great album that rolls from start to finish!

^this HAS to be chuck leavell^

Posted by: rocknola ()
Date: November 24, 2012 01:09

I'm liking One More Shot more than D & G

Posted by: LeonidP ()
Date: November 24, 2012 03:00

ash
doom and gloom is excellent but shot is the usual shit i've come to expect from the once great stones....

I have to agree -- love Doom & Gloom, but One Last Shot is a waste. It's sort of a mix of Gimme Shelter and Mixed Emotions, but not nearly as good as either (especially GS, an all-time musical classic!).

Posted by: steini ()
Date: November 24, 2012 03:24

I like both of them, great Stones songs. Imagine if One more shot had been released on Exile back in 72 and let´s say I just wanna see his face was the new song,,, and everyone here fighting about if it is Charlie on the percussion or if Ronnie is on it or if both of the Glimmer twins wrote it or just Jagger,,?
Hahaha

Posted by: jamesjagger ()
Date: November 24, 2012 11:50

1++

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2404
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home