Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 3 of 4
Re: Hey DOXA
Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: December 23, 2012 19:33

Redhotcarpet
treaclefingers
Just think about how much extra time he has on his hands now.

He can exercise.

He can sleep in.

He can make dinner from time to time.

He can play with his children.

He can actually listen to stones music, rather than simply pontificate.

He's made a bold move here...but his life is richer.

Yeah sure but we need some rich input here.

If memory serves some one called him a troll or something stupid...it struck me as a bit thin-skinned to leave for just that, but upon further reflection, perhaps he found himself spending an inordinate amount of time here, and needed and excuse/push to leave.

With that said I do miss his coherent observations, even if I didn't always agree with them.

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: December 23, 2012 20:57

Maybe Doxa is Santa? He took this opportunity to make a break so he could take care of his Christmas obligations. Thats it. I have solved the case. Merry Christmas to you Doxa, and a Happy New Year!
You may come back after Christmas when you have delivered all the Christmas gifts...

Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: December 23, 2012 21:01

Stoneage
Maybe Doxa is Santa? He took this opportunity to make a break so he could take care of his Christmas obligations. Thats it. I have solved the case. Merry Christmas to you Doxa, and a Happy New Year!
You may come back after Christmas when you have delivered all the Christmas gifts...

Well you may have a point there Stoneage. Both Doxa and Santa come from Finland and have never been seen in public together. I think Doxa may have a very busy few nights ahead of him.

Date: December 23, 2012 22:00

The finns stole Santa! Happy christmas, everyone smiling smiley

Posted by: Witness ()
Date: December 23, 2012 22:22

MILKYWAY
colonial
Getting upset over some name calling must be a northern hemisphere thing yea..gee the amount of times i've been called different things by iorrian's and this person Doxa has been one of them.And anyway why would anyone get upset after been called something from people ya don't even know ..who cares smoking smiley

I've always loved you, mate.

Please stop this (not addressed to MILKYWAY)! This is not about being called things, as far as I understand it. And not about being thinskinned from having been called things.

It is, I think, rather that Doxa (in my short experience) has probably seldom taken the easy route in an argument, but often tried to weigh the present facts of a subjectmatter in lengthy exposition as an intellectual. If you then are said (even from an important poster) not to follow that procedure, after all the time his arguments must have taken, I understand you might feel that you have been wasting your time.

In case you really want him to return, stop making jokes more or less at his expense or, in this thread, about nothing. He has written one post since he announced that he would quit, doing away with the block to return. If he returns, however, it is because he himself feels the inspiration and the urge to write. And if that should happen, the best thing to do, is not making fuss about his returning in that case, but rather respond to what he might have to say,

It is somewhat peculiar for me to do this post, since I am one that is opposed to some of his understanding more than most posters, I think. However, to me it is Doxa's way of arguing more than (the summary of) his conclusions that is the great value of his posting.

Date: December 24, 2012 00:14

Witness
MILKYWAY
colonial
Getting upset over some name calling must be a northern hemisphere thing yea..gee the amount of times i've been called different things by iorrian's and this person Doxa has been one of them.And anyway why would anyone get upset after been called something from people ya don't even know ..who cares smoking smiley

Please stop this (not addressed to MILKYWAY)! This is not about being called things, as far as I understand it. And not about being thinskinned from having been called things.

It is, I think, rather that Doxa (in my short experience) has probably seldom taken the easy route in an argument, but often tried to weigh the present facts of a subjectmatter in lengthy exposition as an intellectual. If you then are said (even from an important poster) not to follow that procedure, after all the time his arguments must have taken, I understand you might feel that you have been wasting your time.

In case you really want him to return, stop making jokes more or less at his expense or, in this thread, about nothing. He has written one post since he announced that he would quit, doing away with the block to return. If he returns, however, it is because he himself feels the inspiration and the urge to write. And if that should happen, the best thing to do, is not making fuss about his returning in that case, but rather respond to what he might have to say,

It is somewhat peculiar for me to do this post, since I am one that is opposed to some of his understanding more than most posters, I think. However, to me it is Doxa's way of arguing more than (the summary of) his conclusions that is the great value of his posting.

Witness, you do him no service by stating in your first paragraph he is not thin-skinned, and in another providing 'rules of engagement'. I find that condescending to all parties.

He himself stated that he was offended at being called a name. Evaluate that any way you want. I for one wouldn't appreciate being tip-toed around because my 'feelings' might be hurt.

Do what you want but I think that's ridiculous.

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: December 24, 2012 00:32

you, for one? sigh.

Date: December 24, 2012 01:10

treaclefingers
Witness
MILKYWAY
colonial

Witness, you do him no service by stating in your first paragraph he is not thin-skinned, and in another providing 'rules of engagement'. I find that condescending to all parties.

He himself stated that he was offended at being called a name. Evaluate that any way you want. I for one wouldn't appreciate being tip-toed around because my 'feelings' might be hurt.

The important thing about the name in my view is not the noun, but the action which it denotes. In the next instance, my intuition of how this may have been interpreted by Doxa, with his way of arguing .

My intention was not to introduce rules, but present recommendations, in the hope of a good effect.

If you think that much of the posting in this thread is more contributing to make him want to go on posting, continue in the same manner then.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-12-24 01:29 by Witness.

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: December 24, 2012 01:37

He will be back, you can bank on it. The only question is the over/under.
Based on average IORR sabbatical time, Id put the over/under at Feb 3rd, 2013

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-12-24 01:38 by Max'sKansasCity.

Date: December 24, 2012 01:55

Max'sKansasCity

at what date would you say it's appropriate that we can start hurtling insults at him, unabated and without fear of reprisal or repercussion?

Date: December 24, 2012 02:25

StonesTod
Max'sKansasCity

at what date would you say it's appropriate that we can start hurtling insults at him, unabated and without fear of reprisal or repercussion?
you should never hurl those things without expecting those expected results.

Date: December 24, 2012 02:28

Max'sKansasCity
StonesTod
Max'sKansasCity

never isn't a date. i demand a date.

Date: December 24, 2012 02:32

StonesTod
Max'sKansasCity
StonesTod
Max'sKansasCity

Check Craigslist, not to make any assumptions about whom you are demanding a date with... maybe look around there.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-12-24 02:33 by Max'sKansasCity.

Date: December 24, 2012 02:37

Max'sKansasCity
StonesTod
Max'sKansasCity
StonesTod
Max'sKansasCity

Check Craigslist, not to make any assumptions about whom you are demanding a date with... maybe look around there.

don't give me this craig crap...you're the date guy....

Date: December 24, 2012 02:44

StonesTod
Max'sKansasCity
StonesTod
Max'sKansasCity
StonesTod
Max'sKansasCity

Ok I wont give it to you, send me some money, threefiddy should cover it.

Date: December 24, 2012 04:16

Max'sKansasCity
StonesTod
Max'sKansasCity
StonesTod
Max'sKansasCity
StonesTod
Max'sKansasCity

Ok I wont give it to you, send me some money, threefiddy should cover it.

Ok Ok... how about twofiddy?

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: December 24, 2012 06:42

StonesTod
Max'sKansasCity
StonesTod
Max'sKansasCity

Based on your track record. Yesterday.

Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: December 24, 2012 12:47

If you're reading this Doxa...Happy Christmas by good fellow. Have a great one.

Date: December 24, 2012 17:13

sweetcharmedlife
StonesTod
Max'sKansasCity
StonesTod
Max'sKansasCity

Based on your track record. Yesterday.

awwww. i've missed you sweet freddie. merry christmas to you, too! kiss!

Date: December 24, 2012 17:27

Witness
treaclefingers
Witness
MILKYWAY
colonial

The important thing about the name in my view is not the noun, but the action which it denotes. In the next instance, my intuition of how this may have been interpreted by Doxa, with his way of arguing .

My intention was not to introduce rules, but present recommendations, in the hope of a good effect.

If you think that much of the posting in this thread is more contributing to make him want to go on posting, continue in the same manner then.

I don't believe you recognize how condescending you're being to Doxa, even in your reply and that is all I was trying to show you.

Date: December 24, 2012 23:40

I am humble about how Doxa might have reacted towards this. Maybe, what has not been meant as condesdcending, quite the contrary, would be seen that way by him. I acknowledge that possibility.

However, on a soccer site ,where I post much more than I do on IORR, I have a couple of times in the past been met with not the same reactions, but something of a similar kind. It was during a period when I was regularly entering the longest posts there. I was on the point of quitting and might have done so. In those situations there were posters that intervened on my behalf. I appreciated that. This is the personal background for my intervening.

And I know what has provoked me during political discussions, and what has not.

You, Treaclefingers, seem rather confident that your own view is correct, I am not certain that I am right, but I might be, You may be right, but it is not obvious.

I hope that this thread now could sink.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-12-24 23:44 by Witness.

Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: December 25, 2012 00:00

What amazes me about Doxa is his command of the English language, which enables him to express his opinion or thoughts clearly in an articulate approach. Not sure if its his first language but his knowledge, although diasgreeable sometimes - usually not often, is generally "right on the money." It's always a pleasure to read his posts!

Merry Chistmas !!!

Posted by: Dreamer ()
Date: December 25, 2012 00:58

Chris Fountain
What amazes me about Doxa is his command of the English language, which enables him to express his opinion or thoughts clearly in an articulate approach. Not sure if its his first language but his knowledge, although diasgreeable sometimes - usually not often, is generally "right on the money." It's always a pleasure to read his posts!

Merry Chistmas !!!

Yes. A guy with original thoughts and the capacity to transfer them to very nice posts. Merry Christmas to you Doxa. And to you Chris.

Date: December 25, 2012 01:28

But remember this: Most of us won't be missed or asked for if we for some reason decides not to post here anymore.
Only a handfull of us will be asked for. Doxa is one of those, whether that is good or not...

Date: December 25, 2012 01:39

Hey Stoneage, I would miss you if you were gone
Have a Merry Christmas!!! smileys with beer skål ! !

Date: December 25, 2012 01:46

How very kind of you to say so, Max. Ditto, and A Merry Christmas to you too! Or God Jul as we say up here...

Date: December 25, 2012 03:07

Hey Max- I definitely want to wish you a Merry Christmas - Thanks for cheering evryone on this year saying nothing but encouraging words to everyone in this forum!
Even my beloveded WolfPack!!! It's great having you around!! Cheers!!

Date: December 25, 2012 03:56

Chris Fountain
Hey Max- I definitely want to wish you a Merry Christmas - Thanks for cheering evryone on this year saying nothing but encouraging words to everyone in this forum!
Even my beloveded WolfPack!!! It's great having you around!! Cheers!!

Wow, Thanks Chris, but I am not sure that is really deserved... like most of us IORRers, I get into plenty of scuffles here, but do I try to offset the mayhem by contributing lots of good.... and I am happy you see that. Thank you kindly my friend... AND MERRY CHRISTMAS CHRIS!!! CHEERS!!smileys with beer

Date: December 25, 2012 03:57

smiling smiley... and now back to the regularly scheduled thread winking smiley

Date: December 25, 2012 04:02

I cannot forget 71tele he is also ag meat person-

Goto Page: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 3 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1773
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home