Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

RARE gorgeous photos of the Rolling Stones from 1965 found in 2012 at a flea market
Posted by: swiss ()
Date: November 21, 2012 12:29

sorry if this has been posted already - did a Search but didn't see it -

The article is from October 2012 - the photos are gorgeous and ASTONISHING!

Tragic that we don't know who took them.

There's so much intimacy reflected in them, they'd had to have been shot by someone they knew and trusted, don't you think?

Could it have been a talented photographer female friend of the band, by any chance?

Rare 1965 photos of the Stones in America found at flea market

I pasted some-----not all------images below.

2 more extraordinary shots ---
sidebar: check out Keith sprawled facedown with his pants unbuckled -- I've long suspected he tended
to crash/flop out like this well before heroin...

- swiss

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-11-21 15:19 by swiss.

Re: RARE gorgeous photos of the Rolling Stones from 1965 found in 2012 at a flea market
Posted by: CousinC ()
Date: November 21, 2012 17:17

Thanx, Swiss. Some nice shots.
I think I saw some of them here before already.But they are not from Bonis . .?

Re: RARE gorgeous photos of the Rolling Stones from 1965 found in 2012 at a flea market
Posted by: DiscoVolante ()
Date: November 21, 2012 17:25

Is this from the same shoot?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-11-21 17:26 by DiscoVolante.

Posted by: Honestman ()
Date: November 21, 2012 18:23

Hi Swiss

I'd always thought it could have been Bob Bonis, but it's just my 2cts confused smiley

HMN

Posted by: mickijaggeroo ()
Date: November 21, 2012 18:52

Brian by the pool....

Vilhelm
Nordic Stones Vikings

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: November 21, 2012 19:06

Yes, they have been on here before, but I can't find the older thread and it's lovely to see them again. They are VERY similar in date, style and location to the well known Bob Bonis shots, but these have a slightly fuzzier, sort of washed-out quality as if taken on different film stock or with a cheaper camera? Or maybe it's just that they're prints that have been lying around for forty years instead of being carefully preserved.

Anyway, whoever was responsible is good at candid closeup portraits, and it's fun to have Charlie topless, and Brian doing handstands on the diving board.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1603
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home