Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: stones brooklyn tickets selling poorly
Posted by: kish_stoned ()
Date: November 21, 2012 22:32

someone has to pay for keith insurance and medication,he will turn up,will play?

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: November 21, 2012 23:11

Gazza
So, basically we're to blame if the poor dears decide not to tour?

Strange logic.

OK...just for that you will NOT be featured on the fan video.

Posted by: atip ()
Date: November 21, 2012 23:11

Rich people lose touch with reality when it comes to money, or they have an inflated idea of their popularity. Not like these guys are lined up at the soup kitchen. It's 'ONLY' $500, £400, $800, £1600, etc. Maybe to them. No band wants to play to a 1/2-full arena, even with guaranteed money, right? There is the ego part of it, and a lot of empty seats can't be good for that. I have no idea how the blame should be divvied up between the band and the promoter. Can't forget the scalper factor, either, or the fact that the Stones have generally always pushed the envelope when it comes to ticket prices.

I am a huge fan of these guys, having hit exactly 50 shows since '81, but I will not pay $300 to be behind the stage, nor $500-$800 to be anywhere in the arena. That being said, I will be at both Newark shows, but in the $250 seats, which is still too expensive.

Posted by: mickschix ()
Date: November 21, 2012 23:35

I called a ticket broker today, gave him grief, called him a scalper..which is all these brokers are. Sure, " they stand in line too",, to which I replied, "Sure, you did stand in line to RIP OFF THE FANS, make a 200% profit on top of already obscene prices..." and I hung up, totally disgusted. I wanted to share a box with 10 others thinking that because the box was WAY BACK, high up, and with the others sharing it would mean a cheaper ticket...WRONG! $814 each times 12 or 10 for a tiny box...or, and yes a bar...NO FREE DRINKS EITHER! Everything about these shows suck!

Posted by: mickschix ()
Date: November 21, 2012 23:36

Oh, I forgot, the point of that was the broker said tickets are " selling Fast" for this Dec 8 show to which I replied, " then why do you have so many tickets left to sell?....GOTCHA!

Date: November 21, 2012 23:39

The more I think about it, the more I'm thrilled they've hit the wall with this.

I'm just going to love seeing how they extricate themselves from this PR mess. Will they cancel the show? Leave it half empty? Slash prices?

This is pure entertainment.

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: November 23, 2012 02:31

mtaylor
rocker1
I guess there will be no more shows - 5 this year and it's over.

No fokin way! Plenty of demand on the west coast and in middle America, once they get rehearsed and it becomes easy and fun for them, who can truly say no to such easy pickings? These shows are just testing grounds on many levels and my guess is that the Stones will pass the test. peace

Posted by: flacnvinyl ()
Date: November 23, 2012 03:17

Honestly this entire situation is just plain sad, but its great to know we're not alone right? What will the PPV be like??

BTW, I think these prices could be justified if these were infact the final 5 shows EVER. Since its part of a larger tour, I think it is disgusting.

Posted by: Midnight Toker ()
Date: November 23, 2012 03:27

free market system backfiring in a recession.

hey kids, no christmas presents this year or next year, i am taking a cab to see the stones and leaving your mom and you two alone for a few hours.i will be home around 2 Am, don't wait up.

Posted by: lunar!!! ()
Date: November 23, 2012 03:29

Midnight Toker
free market system backfiring in a recession.

hey kids, no christmas presents this year or next year, i am taking a cab to see the stones and leaving your mom and you two alone for a few hours.i will be home around 2 Am, don't wait up.

..at least you still have your kids....some of these guys had to sell theirs for those $813 seats.....

Posted by: lunar!!! ()
Date: November 23, 2012 03:31

ooops..i mean $831.90 seats...crap-there goes another kid..the unborn one...

Posted by: tatters ()
Date: November 23, 2012 05:52

treaclefingers
The more I think about it, the more I'm thrilled they've hit the wall with this.

I'm just going to love seeing how they extricate themselves from this PR mess. Will they cancel the show? Leave it half empty? Slash prices?

They will give the tickets away rather than face the embarrassment of playing to thousands of empty seats. Actually, the last time they played the Pontiac Silverdome, in 1997, local radio stations did literally give away several thousand tickets to create the appearance of a sold out show. One station gave away a pair of tickets every ten minutes, around the clock, for a week and a half. I won a pair. It was almost impossible not to win a pair if you just kept calling in.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2012-11-23 05:56 by tatters.

Posted by: backstreetboy1 ()
Date: November 23, 2012 06:04

got a point ropeni!!

Date: November 23, 2012 06:20

tatters
treaclefingers

They will give the tickets away rather than face the embarrassment of playing to thousands of empty seats. Actually, the last time they played the Pontiac Silverdome, in 1997, local radio stations did literally give away several thousand tickets to create the appearance of a sold out show. One station gave away a pair of tickets every ten minutes, around the clock, for a week and a half. I won a pair. It was almost impossible not to win a pair if you just kept calling in.

Well we're getting down to the wire here, the show is only two weeks away.

They better start giving them tickets away then!

Can you imagine how the people that paid premium prices to get seats in NJ will feel?

"I paid $836 AND I had to put my life in my hands and go to Trenton!"

Posted by: tatters ()
Date: November 23, 2012 06:23

treaclefingers
tatters
treaclefingers

Can you imagine how the people that paid premium prices to get seats in NJ will feel?

Imagine paying $500 for a nosebleed seat and there's people in the $800 seats who got in for free.

Posted by: deadegad ()
Date: November 23, 2012 06:34

Good news.

Posted by: MileHigh ()
Date: November 23, 2012 06:35

It almost feels like the death of Rock'n'Roll. It's already marginalized and Rihanna is where it's at for the cuurent young generation.

Higher prices and diminishing returns for the Old Guard. The right thing to have done would have been to play arena shows at $20 per seat. Now that's Rock'n'Roll.

Sigh.....

Date: November 23, 2012 06:37

tatters
treaclefingers
tatters
treaclefingers

Imagine paying $500 for a nosebleed seat and there's people in the $800 seats who got in for free.

Yeah, I know there are a lot of people on this board who are giving up a lot to go to these shows, a lot of money with less than stellar seats...if they end up giving away seats on the flip side, there is something that is just not right about that.

Posted by: HalfNanker ()
Date: November 23, 2012 07:21

treaclefingers
tatters
treaclefingers

836 buck for seats in Trenton...talk about nosebleed seats!!

Date: November 23, 2012 07:46

HalfNanker
treaclefingers
tatters
treaclefingers

836 buck for seats in Trenton...talk about nosebleed seats!!

RIMSHOT!

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1912
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home