Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12345678Next
Current Page: 7 of 8
Re: DOOM & GLOOM premieres on Vevo tonight at 12am GMT!
Posted by: JohnnyBGoode ()
Date: November 22, 2012 09:31

Loved it! Keith looks badass!

Posted by: superrevvy ()
Date: November 22, 2012 10:02

at 1:30

Sell! Sell MJKR, RWCW, and SFTD

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2012-11-22 11:22 by superrevvy.

Posted by: Title5Take1 ()
Date: November 22, 2012 10:33

drbryant
Sounds and looks great to me. It's like the Black Keys with some balls.

Mick said he's listened a lot to the Black Keys and I think maybe they were an influence on Doom and Gloom, in particular their song Lonely Boy. Maybe not. (I love both songs.)

Posted by: superrevvy ()
Date: November 22, 2012 11:20

at 3:44, if Mick doesn't mean this Stones tongue for Stones fans, who does he mean it for?

Posted by: robv ()
Date: November 22, 2012 11:27

NICOS
Nice ....pity all the shots are 2 seconds or less....(I must be getting too old)

If I saw my youngest watch this clip on the tv ...I would say what the heck are you looking at...........grinning smiley

That's what my parents said when they saw me watching the JJF clip in 68. I'll ask my two sons (10 and 14) what to think of it...

Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: November 22, 2012 11:30

Really like it but not sure what they are trying to say other than let's make this as controversial as those Undercover videos. Not a fan of quick cut editing but I can see why Mick likes it as it doesn't allow us to see his ageing face.

Posted by: marcovandereijk ()
Date: November 22, 2012 12:00

Silver Dagger
Really like it but not sure what they are trying to say other than let's make this as controversial as those Undercover videos.

As far as I can tell, the only controversy this video is causing is a discussion amongst
fans if they like this fast edited clip. Shooting heads off of zombies is not nearly
as controversial as shooting political opposition by South American dictators in a
Rock 'n' Roll video.

To me the most controversial thing about this clip is that it reminds me of Aerosmith
rather than the Stones. I can't get rid of this awful impression.

Just as long as the guitar plays, let it steal your heart away

Posted by: Redhotcarpet ()
Date: November 22, 2012 14:20

Stoneage
Looks like it is Noomi Rapace. A fine Swedish girl. The video is of course trash. Forgettable stuff. Like the song. A nice note in Noomi's CV though (working with the Stones).

Yes because the brand is not what it used to be. I think they know that the video will provide cachet and Mick thought it could be a good idea to use Ã…kerlund (and Noomi).

Remember my two cents were when I heard the song? It's an attempt to the vampire craze and I was almost right. I still think they will use it for the seasones finale of True Blood.

Date: November 22, 2012 14:23

hbwriter
71Tele
Doxa
colonial
Justin
Doxa
In a way, it is nice that they actually make a little effort in making a video (haven't for ages), but then again, is there actually any point? It is as dull as "One More Shot" musically.

Okay, let us all pretend that this is "relevant", the Stones having a hit single, and everything being just like it used to be. No reality check.

Doxa, how many more of these pissy posts can we expect until it's out of your system?

thumbs up

A good start for a Anti-Doxa club... But I am sure there is more of ya. Let's make a deal. If you make a dozen names (which is not much) I promise to leave for good. Deal?smileys with beer
- Doxa

Not me. I think you're spot-on.

Me too.

Doxa! Dont take it so hard, we need your input here! C'mon man!

Date: November 22, 2012 14:26

Justin
Doxa
Justin
Doxa
In a way, it is nice that they actually make a little effort in making a video (haven't for ages), but then again, is there actually any point? It is as dull as "One More Shot" musically.

Okay, let us all pretend that this is "relevant", the Stones having a hit single, and everything being just like it used to be. No reality check.

Doxa, how many more of these pissy posts can we expect until it's out of your system?

I am just stating my honest opinion. Do you have a problem with that?

Yes. You repeat your points over and over on various threads. It is totally fine to state your opinion, but to repeat them as if trying to make sure every single person on the board remembers your position on the matter is overbearing. A little restraint would be appreciated. It's a relatively small group of actual participants on this board who follow it everyday and we already know how you feel about the general situation. A lot of your posts lately can be labeled as "trolling." You seemed to have found a nice balance some time ago but the recent ticket price drama seems to have soured you all over again.

Justin cool it ok? Doxa writes some of the best if not the best posts on this forum.

Date: November 22, 2012 14:29

She's not Spanish, her father possibly was "Spanish Gypsy". Mother is Swedish, she grew up outside a small town in Sweden.

Posted by: marquess ()
Date: November 22, 2012 15:42

GREAT VIDEO!

Posted by: marquess ()
Date: November 22, 2012 23:59

Great song, great video!

Sunday I will be in London!

I AM HAPPY!

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: November 23, 2012 00:10

robv
NICOS
Nice ....pity all the shots are 2 seconds or less....(I must be getting too old)

If I saw my youngest watch this clip on the tv ...I would say what the heck are you looking at...........grinning smiley

That's what my parents said when they saw me watching the JJF clip in 68. I'll ask my two sons (10 and 14) what to think of it...

Well it's censored by YouTube.....I just want to view it at and had to log in because of ........................

If you would instead prefer to avoid potentially inappropriate content, consider activating YouTube's Safety Mode.

Date: November 23, 2012 00:15

Posted by: The Worst. ()
Date: November 23, 2012 00:39

A Norwegian newspaper has written an article about the new music video without even mentioning Mick or Keith or any information about the upcoming shows.
It's all about Noomi Rapace and her tits. I guess this is also the story elsewhere. It was genious to make such a music video, as it will generate millions of more views and gain much more media attention and airplay.

[www.dagbladet.no]

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: November 23, 2012 01:08

She hardly has any tits. Half a second of hardly any tits. A big sensation?

Date: November 23, 2012 01:13

Better one hardly t-i-t then none (as we say in Holland better one t-i-t in your hand then 10 in they air) or has that to do with birds grinning smiley

Posted by: jamesfdouglas ()
Date: November 23, 2012 01:15

treaclefingers
jamesfdouglas
Stones videos (and I'm only talking about the videos, not the music) have ALWAYS given the fan this uncertainty; am I laughing with them or at them?

I personally think they've been some of the best unintentinal comedy in rock history. I've never took them seriously; why start now? this one, again, made mesnicker, and (now I am talking about the music) I enjoyed watching the video for this song more than just listening to it. It's a goofy mess; perfect for having people over for a joint and say "hey (pfff hahaha) have you seen this yet?"

greatest comedic moment has to be Mick in the Start Me Up video, blowing lines, looking coked up, sweaty armpits, the track pants, the baby t.

It's quite funny. I still enjoy it when I rarely see it these days.

>grinning smiley<

[thepowergoats.com]

Posted by: ChefGuevara ()
Date: November 23, 2012 02:04

Newspaper in Panama had an article today about Noomi Rapace topless,
but they did mention the Stones at the end.

Anyway, the Stones have been on the news here for the past
few weeks on different local media.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: November 23, 2012 02:14

jamesfdouglas
treaclefingers
jamesfdouglas
Stones videos (and I'm only talking about the videos, not the music) have ALWAYS given the fan this uncertainty; am I laughing with them or at them?

I personally think they've been some of the best unintentinal comedy in rock history. I've never took them seriously; why start now? this one, again, made mesnicker, and (now I am talking about the music) I enjoyed watching the video for this song more than just listening to it. It's a goofy mess; perfect for having people over for a joint and say "hey (pfff hahaha) have you seen this yet?"

greatest comedic moment has to be Mick in the Start Me Up video, blowing lines, looking coked up, sweaty armpits, the track pants, the baby t.

It's quite funny. I still enjoy it when I rarely see it these days.

>grinning smiley<

only problem with that 'send up' video (which I've seen before) is that they're better at the lip sync than Mick is in the actual video. Nothing is funnier than Mick trying to do it right.

BTW, looked at the D & G video and I like it much more than the first couple times through. this is a great video.

Posted by: LeonidP ()
Date: November 23, 2012 14:26

Video looks great to me ... love the song too, I think they did a great job of mixing this in.

Posted by: Rip This ()
Date: November 23, 2012 15:24

thumbs up

best song theyve done in decades and the most interesting video they've done maybe ever...they actually are performing as if they're having fun and in sync...imagine that...

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: November 23, 2012 16:53

Love it!

Posted by: Phil Good ()
Date: November 23, 2012 18:06

Where / why is that direct clipfish link gone???

Posted by: MissNBrian ()
Date: November 24, 2012 06:36

proudmary
Doxa,
Some posters do not like your posts - so what? There are incomparably more people who value your contribution to this forum

And I, am one of them!! I sincerely hope that you'll reconsider and stay!!
---------------------

"Doctor please, some more men please,
To Cotchford Farm, out by the pool...

What a drag it is they couldn't revive him"

Brian Jones 2/28/42 - 7/2/69

Posted by: FolkyFireKitten1 ()
Date: November 24, 2012 14:14

NICOS
Justin
And here it is:

[www.vevo.com]

Don't you think this is the YouTube version and the TV version will be censored?
Yes, it is. Just try to watch it directly on youtube and you'll see you have to log in... It's stupid since there are far worse vids that are viewable from everybody.
This video is a really good one imo and I don't understand why it is censored.
Any idea?

Posted by: schillid ()
Date: November 24, 2012 16:09

Good to see the old men, however I prefer the "lyrics" video.

This one is just okay... too much "say it = see it" for my taste.
In general, I don't mind nudity in films or videos... but here the nudity just seems gratuitous to me.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: November 24, 2012 17:04

schillid
Good to see the old men, however I prefer the "lyrics" video.

This one is just okay... too much "say it = see it" for my taste.
In general, I don't mind nudity in films or videos... but here the nudity just seems gratuitous to me.

now your just being ungratuitous!

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: November 24, 2012 19:52

I like the edginess of the gratuitous titty shots. It screams rock and roll to me. Hope the video will be released somewhere, so I don't have to depend on clipfish keeping the link alive.

Goto Page: Previous12345678Next
Current Page: 7 of 8

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2033
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home