Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12345678Next
Current Page: 5 of 8
Re: DOOM & GLOOM premieres on Vevo tonight at 12am GMT!
Date: November 21, 2012 16:06

Justin
And here it is:

[www.vevo.com]

Wow! Mick does have the fire!

Posted by: superrevvy ()
Date: November 21, 2012 16:15

I like how the band members never once acknowledge each other's existence.

I also like very much when she smashes the Stones tongue.

I like the prediction of a stock market crash.

I found the ending of the video with a nuclear explosion upsetting.

It was cool how the insane passengers on the plane all looked perfectly normal and respectable.

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: November 21, 2012 16:35

I like how there's no bass player.

Date: November 21, 2012 16:49

I like how Keith is wearing the Mindless Records logo, with the hole in the skull.
Did the logo come about before or after Keith got his own personal surgical hole
in the skull?

Date: November 21, 2012 16:56

That's Ronnie's guitar strap Mick is wearing, isn't it? I can't find any pic at
the moment, so maybe I'm remembering it wrong.

Who is the repeated female portrait on the shirt of the female lead when she is in bed?

Date: November 21, 2012 16:57

I like how the female lead is wearing a skull ring, only with mickey mouse ears!

lol!

Date: November 21, 2012 17:08

I like how the neon tongue sign is missing the tip of the tongue, just like
how Mick bit the tip of his off in that gymnastics accident when he was young,
which gave him his unique voice.

Well, then again, its not really missing its tip, is it? just missing the tip
of the inside part of the design. which is how its supposed to be, duh.

so, nevermind.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2012-11-21 17:12 by superrevvy.

Posted by: Happy24 ()
Date: November 21, 2012 17:11

The song is far superior to the video. I really like the "lyrics" video for this song, that one is really cool. But I understand that that one is not very MTV.

The girl is fabulous though - it is the actress who played Lisabeth Salander in the Swedish version of Millenium, right?

Anyway, back to the point - this video just distracts attention from music, which is a problem of most videos in general. There are videos that nicely support the music, this one is not one of them though.

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: November 21, 2012 17:15

The problem with Sir Michael's mock social awareness is that no one believes him anymore. And if asked about it, he shruggs it off. Slick as an eel. Billionaire's angst?

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: November 21, 2012 17:18

Doxa
Justin
Doxa
Justin
Doxa
In a way, it is nice that they actually make a little effort in making a video (haven't for ages), but then again, is there actually any point? It is as dull as "One More Shot" musically.

Okay, let us all pretend that this is "relevant", the Stones having a hit single, and everything being just like it used to be. No reality check.

Doxa, how many more of these pissy posts can we expect until it's out of your system?

I am just stating my honest opinion. Do you have a problem with that?

Yes. You repeat your points over and over on various threads. It is totally fine to state your opinion, but to repeat them as if trying to make sure every single person on the board remembers your position on the matter is overbearing. A little restraint would be appreciated. It's a relatively small group of actual participants on this board who follow it everyday and we already know how you feel about the general situation. A lot of your posts lately can be labeled as "trolling." You seemed to have found a nice balance some time ago but the recent ticket price drama seems to have soured you all over again.

More 'Reduktio ad hominem' arguments here, and the crowning it all by calling me a "troll".

This is seemingly as far it as far as one can go by thinking out loud one's thoughts of one rock and roll band, and trying to be honest to one's taste and conscience. Well, I guess I have done my bit. I've put The Stones on words as best as I can according to my own judgment for a decade or so here in IORR. To me it has been an adventure, and changing thoughts with fellow fans has been a treasure, and I've been learning very very much along the way (and actually met some real life friends as well). The whole internet discussion culture has a vocabulary of its own, and as a sort of experiment what is able to do with words. And a lot fun.

But let's say, if I am called a "troll" here, it is no longer funny. And that's the end.

I hope you feel better now, Justin. Finally you succeed getting this board rid of me.grinning smiley

Actually I should thank a smart guy like you for showing my true color. Like the moment feeling a relief when not needing to buy just another Rolling Stones concert tickets (the price of them was a good excuse), I feel like that now. Time to bury "Doxa".

But there is one more thing I'd like to say (not for you, but all the people here).

Thank very much everybody for stimulating conversations along the yaers! Keep up the good work! The Stones are important and significant cultural entity that they can be honoured with more serious - that is: critical - reflection. They deserve that, like any important phenomenon. I think those are the best critics who really love and respect. I guess I went over the top sometimes, but like I said, this was/is an experiment. Perhaps one needs to go too far to see how far one can go. Thanks very much also for many of your good feedback and good critisism towards my views. I feel ashamed now that I haven't showed enough respect for many kinds words along the years; I never intended being arrogant.

Thank you and goodbye!smileys with beer

And hey, I wish the best possible concert experience for those people with tickets to upcoming Rolling Stones shows! Have a great time with The Stones! You deserve that!

And now, where is the best Bob Dylan discussion board...

- Doxa Timo

One thing I never thought you were Doxa, was thin-skinned. If one person calls you a troll, that doesn't mean everyone else thinks so.

You do what you want to, but I've enjoyed your posts in the past, and even though I disagree with your current observations of the new music you are free to air them.

But just as you are free to air them, you have to be open to having others disagree, even vehemently, to them.

It is good having you around.

Date: November 21, 2012 17:26

Happy24
this video just distracts attention from music

you must be easily distracted, because there is very little music on this song
to be distracted from.

don't get me wrong. a song doesnt have to have much in the way of music for
me to still like it. as in this case with this song. good song, almost nothing
in the way of music (and by music, I mean exciting things that various
instruments do in relation to each other. mick's rhythm guitar is quite good i
think, but its not enough for me to call it music when you have one interesting
instrumental line, while all the others just tread water)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-11-21 17:27 by superrevvy.

Date: November 21, 2012 17:32

I think he was a shill troll character too, so I for one am glad he's gone.

Not because he was a shill troll character, but because he was such a tedious
shill troll character.

The non-tedious shill troll characters are what keeps me coming back here for more.

Posted by: Title5Take1 ()
Date: November 21, 2012 17:34

micwer
treaclefingers
What do you call a bunch of whiney middle aged men on the internet?

IORRers?

If Jesus Christ returned for 2nd Coming, a lot IORRers would say, "I thought he'd be taller."

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: November 21, 2012 17:41

superrevvy
The non-tedious shill troll characters are what keeps me coming back here for more.

you're welcome

Posted by: hbwriter ()
Date: November 21, 2012 17:45

71Tele
Doxa
colonial
Justin
Doxa
In a way, it is nice that they actually make a little effort in making a video (haven't for ages), but then again, is there actually any point? It is as dull as "One More Shot" musically.

Okay, let us all pretend that this is "relevant", the Stones having a hit single, and everything being just like it used to be. No reality check.

Doxa, how many more of these pissy posts can we expect until it's out of your system?

thumbs up

A good start for a Anti-Doxa club... But I am sure there is more of ya. Let's make a deal. If you make a dozen names (which is not much) I promise to leave for good. Deal?smileys with beer
- Doxa

Not me. I think you're spot-on.

Me too.

Posted by: exhpart ()
Date: November 21, 2012 17:47

Loved it but jeez... is it me or are the cuts so fast you get a headache? It's like they think anymore than 2 seconds and they've lost our attention.
Someone should do something!

Date: November 21, 2012 17:59

whoa! how about when the girl, in the trash, soul-kisses the baby doll before
flinging it across the room? whoa, how twisted is that?

so many suicides in it too. the oil exec. and when the girl douses herself in
gasoline. and the crazy pilot who crashes the plane. any others?

funnier is when the kesha type character and her friends party so hard that
they start smashing glass bottles on each other heads, and when the gaga
type character eats so much she explodes (note to non-tabloid readers: gaga
has had a weight problem as of late, although she may just be playing to the
burgeoning zaftig demographic, now that adele is on hiatus)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-11-21 18:00 by superrevvy.

Posted by: arthritis ()
Date: November 21, 2012 18:06

The only part of the video i liked was that keith was playing his black telecaster custom, the one he played heavily through 78ish through 86ish and inspired me to buy one exactly like it when i was 17.thumbs up

Didn't like how the video appeared to be shot with each member seperately on a green screen then reassembled later to appear live. Over use of technology not only caused the mix and production of d&g to be screwed up and homogenized, it affected the video negatively as well.

Date: November 21, 2012 18:07

at about the 3 minute mark mick does this character:

Date: November 21, 2012 18:10

arthritis
Didn't like how the video appeared to be shot with each member seperately on a green screen then reassembled later to appear live.

that's inaccurate. but funny.

as i mentioned, the director has had them appear to ignore each other. which
is in keeping with the vibe of the vid.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: November 21, 2012 18:11

superrevvy
at about the 3 minute mark mick does this character:

I noticed that as well, although I was thinking it was more like the kid off of Home Alone.

Too funny.

Posted by: duke richardson ()
Date: November 21, 2012 18:21

the idea of Charlie Watts in a rock video is so ...heartwarming..

a quaint gentleman drummer in an over-produced, overbearing video that gives the impression of blowing everything up...

that's way cool

Posted by: windmelody ()
Date: November 21, 2012 18:44

duke richardson
the idea of Charlie Watts in a rock video is so ...heartwarming..

a quaint gentleman drummer in an over-produced, overbearing video that gives the impression of blowing everything up...

that's way cool

True, it is rather stylish how out of place Charlie Watts looks in that video.

Posted by: C R K ()
Date: November 21, 2012 19:11

Some of you guys must be at least over 80 years old when complaning about quick edits... have you been living under a rock for the past decades?

Posted by: Justin ()
Date: November 21, 2012 19:19

Doxa
I hope you feel better now, Justin. Finally you succeed getting this board rid of me.grinning smiley

Nope not at all. You are an integral part of the board but I was sorry that you lost the balanced view that you embodied in your posts. Like I said, you seemed to have found a healthy balance some time ago but then reverted back to the very disgruntled fan. Why can't a fellow board member mention that? It doesn't have to be so black and white with such extreme solutions like leaving for good.

You mentioned many times before that you intend to "step away" from the board--and I hope this is just you doing that rather than a permanent departure. We all need breaks from this and I know I took one a few years ago because there was nothing I felt I needed to say here anymore; especially with the band doing the same BS over and over and we fans eating it all up.

Anyway, hope you're not serious about your leaving and continue to stick around.

Posted by: NastyHabits ()
Date: November 21, 2012 19:20

Watching this video makes me feel I'm NOT part of their target audience. Whatever their target audience is.

Posted by: GetYerAngie ()
Date: November 21, 2012 19:22

71Tele
DandelionPowderman
Doxa, I know how you feel, but you really shouldn't leave the board...

There are too many who appreciate your posts here.

thumbs up
thumbs up

Posted by: electricmud ()
Date: November 21, 2012 19:25

Is there a chance to see this vid in Germany?????
I hate this GEMA-shit.

Tom

Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: November 21, 2012 19:26

Sounds and looks great to me. It's like the Black Keys with some balls.

Posted by: Wild Slivovitz ()
Date: November 21, 2012 19:50

Wow! I love the video! I think it's super cool, but maybe that's just due to the SONG, which sounds awesome to me!!!!

Goto Page: Previous12345678Next
Current Page: 5 of 8

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1243
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home