Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12345678Next
Current Page: 3 of 8
Re: DOOM & GLOOM premieres on Vevo tonight at 12am GMT!
Posted by: NoCode0680 ()
Date: November 21, 2012 07:01

treaclefingers
NoCode0680
I don't raise much hell about the Stones. I've had a few opinions, like I would have rather seen this than that, etc. But I haven't really said anything about the ticket prices, have mostly enjoyed all the recent releases, etc. Yet if I give my honest opinion about this video I have somebody crawling up my ass and tossing me in with a group of people who are apparently "constantly bitching". As hbwriter was pointing out, there's just as much bitching about bitching as there is bitching.

Somebody could join the board today and be like, oh I didn't care for that, and he would be accused of constantly bitching. If people like the video that's fine too. I'm not going to get in their ass about it.

This board is a place for discussion. Which is by definition, an exchange of ideas. It's not everybody agreeing on something and patting each other on the back.

And I was only 3 when the Rio video was released.

But were you dancing on the sand?

Yes, but it was the pee-pee dance.

Posted by: JumpingKentFlash ()
Date: November 21, 2012 07:04

Like it.

JumpingKentFlash

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: November 21, 2012 07:04

NoCode0680
treaclefingers
NoCode0680
I don't raise much hell about the Stones. I've had a few opinions, like I would have rather seen this than that, etc. But I haven't really said anything about the ticket prices, have mostly enjoyed all the recent releases, etc. Yet if I give my honest opinion about this video I have somebody crawling up my ass and tossing me in with a group of people who are apparently "constantly bitching". As hbwriter was pointing out, there's just as much bitching about bitching as there is bitching.

Somebody could join the board today and be like, oh I didn't care for that, and he would be accused of constantly bitching. If people like the video that's fine too. I'm not going to get in their ass about it.

This board is a place for discussion. Which is by definition, an exchange of ideas. It's not everybody agreeing on something and patting each other on the back.

And I was only 3 when the Rio video was released.

But were you dancing on the sand?

Yes, but it was the pee-pee dance.

That is in fact what sand is for...7 out of 10 litter boxes can't be wrong!

Posted by: TheDailyBuzzherd ()
Date: November 21, 2012 07:09

No fan of videos, but it was fun.

Posted by: ChrisO ()
Date: November 21, 2012 07:11

From "The Ed Sullivan Show" and the "Top Of The Pops" to DOOM & GLOOM!
I'm Impressed!

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: November 21, 2012 09:48

Something for the youngsters, and seemingly also to those who think this is a "relavant" and "current" thing to do (the problem is that the first mentioned don't give a hec, it is only for the latter to enjoy...)

I find it extremily dull and uninspired. The lyrics are painted to the screen with one-to-one tactics, so no any room for a imagination watcher/hearer left, the band makes their typical poses we've seen million times already, and of course, some current chick of the silver screen showing herself, plus some nudity ("how daring...")... A Stones video for dummies.

In a way, it is nice that they actually make a little effort in making a video (haven't for ages), but then again, is there actually any point? It is as dull as "One More Shot" musically.

Okay, let us all pretend that this is "relevant", the Stones having a hit single, and everything being just like it used to be. No reality check.

- Doxa

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-11-21 09:51 by Doxa.

Posted by: benon again ()
Date: November 21, 2012 10:02

Very poor , forced video...what for?

Posted by: Come On ()
Date: November 21, 2012 10:02

Rockman
.....great to see ...
but why doesn't Keef decide whether he wants his hat on or off....

grinning smiley I was wonder about that too...great video from Stones and Noomi....

2 1 2 0

Posted by: muenke ()
Date: November 21, 2012 10:10

No chance to see this in Germany! thumbs down

Posted by: Justin ()
Date: November 21, 2012 10:12

Doxa
In a way, it is nice that they actually make a little effort in making a video (haven't for ages), but then again, is there actually any point? It is as dull as "One More Shot" musically.

Okay, let us all pretend that this is "relevant", the Stones having a hit single, and everything being just like it used to be. No reality check.

Doxa, how many more of these pissy posts can we expect until it's out of your system?

Posted by: Mathijs ()
Date: November 21, 2012 10:14

As they haven't been relevent musically since 1983 anymore, I think it is cool they try to stay relevent and 'current' by putting effort in a music video. I like it. It's fast, it's quick, it rocks actually. Nice that they apperently don't give a fvck it will be censored in one of the biggest markets, the US. Or will there be a censored version as well?

Mathijs

Date: November 21, 2012 10:20

Justin
Doxa

Doxa, how many more of these pissy posts can we expect until it's out of your system?

I am just stating my honest opinion. Do you have a problem with that?

- Doxa

Posted by: colonial ()
Date: November 21, 2012 10:28

Justin
Doxa

thumbs up

--------------
ColonialstoneNZ
--------------

Date: November 21, 2012 10:33

colonial
Justin
Doxa

thumbs up

A good start for a Anti-Doxa club... But I am sure there is more of ya. Let's make a deal. If you make a dozen names (which is not much) I promise to leave for good. Deal?smileys with beer
- Doxa

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-11-21 10:34 by Doxa.

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: November 21, 2012 10:38

Doxa
colonial
Justin
Doxa

thumbs up

A good start for a Anti-Doxa club... But I am sure there is more of ya. Let's make a deal. If you make a dozen names (which is not much) I promise to leave for good. Deal?smileys with beer
- Doxa

Not me. I think you're spot-on.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-11-21 10:55 by 71Tele.

Posted by: jamesjagger ()
Date: November 21, 2012 10:39

Doxa
colonial
Justin
Doxa

thumbs up

- Doxa

Cry baby cry. The Stones are bad the world is bad, the glass is half empty rather than half full! I'm sorry to say Doxa but you whiner comments are more dull than anything the stones have done recently!

Posted by: Justin ()
Date: November 21, 2012 10:40

Doxa
Justin
Doxa

I am just stating my honest opinion. Do you have a problem with that?

Yes. You repeat your points over and over on various threads. It is totally fine to state your opinion, but to repeat them as if trying to make sure every single person on the board remembers your position on the matter is overbearing. A little restraint would be appreciated. It's a relatively small group of actual participants on this board who follow it everyday and we already know how you feel about the general situation. A lot of your posts lately can be labeled as "trolling." You seemed to have found a nice balance some time ago but the recent ticket price drama seems to have soured you all over again.

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: November 21, 2012 10:45

Great video. I like it.

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: November 21, 2012 10:49

Doxa
let us all pretend that this is "relevant"

Why ? Is it important that it is relevant ?
Some of us simply like it. Isn't that enough ?

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: November 21, 2012 10:59

I think people who are used to the style of video with all this fast cutting are less bothered by it than those of us who came of age before the MTV generation. To me, it is almost as if they are afraid to show the actual band for more than three seconds at a time. Why? Are they afraid we will get bored and tune out if they just show the band playing (or miming) the song, so they have to cut in a woman showing her tits to keep our interest? It's insulting and infantile, as well as pointless to the theme of the song.

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: November 21, 2012 11:03

The whole thing is supposed to be her dreaming, isn't it. I could do without that horrible woman eating until her head explodes, but on the whole I enjoyed it, and the quick cutting to the rhythm of the music is fine by me.

But maybe Keith thinks he's still making the video for Hold On To Your Hat?

Posted by: marcovandereijk ()
Date: November 21, 2012 11:08

I agree with Rolling Hansie that relevence is not a theme here. It's fine if they reach
a new audience with the video, who find a way to buying Grrr and learn what The Stones
is about. Let's keep the fire burning.

That being said... I had my moments when I felt the boys were trying to copy Aerosmith
during the video. Ouch! It must be me getting older.

Just as long as the guitar plays, let it steal your heart away

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: November 21, 2012 11:08

whole thing is supposed to be her dreaming, isn't it.

...hope so or otherwise she's got a busy life ...hehhheh

ROCKMAN

Posted by: windmelody ()
Date: November 21, 2012 11:23

A bit over the top, but they look rather well.

Posted by: Mathijs ()
Date: November 21, 2012 11:38

Green Lady
I could do without that horrible woman eating until her head explodes,

That's a nice reference to a great Monty Python sketch.

Mathijs

Posted by: aprilfool ()
Date: November 21, 2012 11:40

Naomi Rapace was incredible in the Millenium saga.
About the Stones, they suck to continue to be filmed without bass player.
What should they do if there is no Charlie, an empty drum kit.
I know your answer, no Charlie, no Rolling Stones but 3 guitars on the video but no bass. confused smiley

Posted by: GetYerAngie ()
Date: November 21, 2012 11:50

Doxa
Something for the youngsters, and seemingly also to those who think this is a "relavant" and "current" thing to do (the problem is that the first mentioned don't give a hec, it is only for the latter to enjoy...)

I find it extremily dull and uninspired. The lyrics are painted to the screen with one-to-one tactics, so no any room for a imagination watcher/hearer left, the band makes their typical poses we've seen million times already, and of course, some current chick of the silver screen showing herself, plus some nudity ("how daring...")... A Stones video for dummies.

- Doxa

I enjoyed the video. Of course it doesn't surpass their best promos (JJF, Angie (version 2) etc.), but it's well-drafted. It might be RS for beginners but I don't see that as a problem. You've got some kind of a point about the one-to-one screen painting the lyrics, but there are exceptions to this one-to-oneness. And by the way I see no reason to be dogmatic about that. I quite liked the way trash and cash was linked. Not exactly a new topic, but never the less it worked just fine in the context. As did the Rapace-Jagger linking/doubling.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-11-21 11:53 by GetYerAngie.

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: November 21, 2012 11:53

Mathijs
Green Lady
I could do without that horrible woman eating until her head explodes,

That's a nice reference to a great Monty Python sketch.

Mathijs

Maybe - but Mr. Creosote is both disgusting and funny. This is just disgusting.

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: November 21, 2012 12:04

Don't worry Doxa, you're not trolling....it's not the same over and over like Justin claims
Justin just takes other peoples opinion about RS personal, that's all

Date: November 21, 2012 12:05

MrMonte
I had the opposite reaction. I didn't like the song before; now I like it a little more. This is an excellent video - pretty damn violent and edgy.

That's what I took away from it too. Made me like the song a lot more.

Goto Page: Previous12345678Next
Current Page: 3 of 8

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2189
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home