Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12345678Next
Current Page: 2 of 8
Re: DOOM & GLOOM premieres on Vevo tonight at 12am GMT!
Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: November 21, 2012 03:07

Good stuff, even though it's a tad "trashy" ! Shot one day before the Trabendo on October 24th for those interested in useless trivia like myself.

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: November 21, 2012 03:08

melillo
why cant they just do a straight performance video ? geez

Simple. They (Mick) are scared to death nobody wants to watch a rock and roll band with 70-year-old members, so they have to cut quickly, add chicks with no shirt, a chick dancing with the band, etc. It's too bad because the Stones look pretty good here, and it would be nice to watch them play for more than 1.5 seconds at a time.

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: November 21, 2012 03:11

71Tele
melillo

Simple. They (Mick) are scared to death nobody wants to watch a rock and roll band with 70-year-old members, so they have to cut quickly, add chicks with no shirt, a chick dancing with the band, etc. It's too bad because the Stones look pretty good here, and it would be nice to watch them play for more than 1.5 seconds at a time.

Simple as that .............thumbs up

Posted by: Title5Take1 ()
Date: November 21, 2012 03:13

Love the video. Bravo Stones.

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: November 21, 2012 03:20

Looks like it is Noomi Rapace. A fine Swedish girl. The video is of course trash. Forgettable stuff. Like the song. A nice note in Noomi's CV though (working with the Stones).

Posted by: Kurt ()
Date: November 21, 2012 03:25

LOVE IT.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: November 21, 2012 03:30

71Tele
melillo

I don't know what you're talking about but I for one don't wish to see their 70 year old members either....even for 1.5 seconds at a time.

Posted by: donnarq1 ()
Date: November 21, 2012 03:31

posted for U.S. folks...Thanks smiling smiley

Posted by: flacnvinyl ()
Date: November 21, 2012 03:31

I was excited to see what Noomi would bring to the table. She did fantastic in Prometheus.

This is a bust.

So much unnecessary garbage. That scene with the eating and puking is just plain horrible. I don't know how they can think this crap is any good. Do they actually enjoy it??

Still love the band. Can't wait to see them play the track live. But dang is this junky.

Posted by: palerider22 ()
Date: November 21, 2012 03:32

Ahhh...it's okay...Anyone else find Keith's disappearing hat/head scarf/hat/head scarf/hat/head scarf annoying....

Posted by: micwer ()
Date: November 21, 2012 03:45

treaclefingers
What do you call a bunch of whiney middle aged men on the internet?

IORRers?

Posted by: stonesnow ()
Date: November 21, 2012 03:47

flacnvinyl
I was excited to see what Noomi would bring to the table. She did fantastic in Prometheus.

This is a bust.

So much unnecessary garbage. That scene with the eating and puking is just plain horrible. I don't know how they can think this crap is any good. Do they actually enjoy it??

Still love the band. Can't wait to see them play the track live. But dang is this junky.

According to Ron Wood Charlie loves the song, the video, and especially the eating and puking, not to mention how the zombies and young people in the video are dressed. Like Keef says, if Charlie is smiling, then everything is gonna be alright tonight....

Posted by: melillo ()
Date: November 21, 2012 03:52

Justin
melillo

Honestly?

I don't really see the value in watching a straight performance of them miming to a recorded playback. They did that semi-recently for "Rough Justice" and it was hardly earth-shattering.

honestly. neither is this

Posted by: superrevvy ()
Date: November 21, 2012 04:15

Peg (in bed with Al): Al, rub my tushy!

Al (annoyed): Would you wait a minute, Peg! (Al points to the TV screen) Boobies!

Posted by: Rip This ()
Date: November 21, 2012 04:19

loved it...didn't cringe once.

Date: November 21, 2012 04:25

melillo
Justin
melillo

Honestly?

I don't really see the value in watching a straight performance of them miming to a recorded playback. They did that semi-recently for "Rough Justice" and it was hardly earth-shattering.

honestly. neither is this

melillo, check your pulse and maybe hold a mirror next to your mouth...let us know if it steams up.

Posted by: melillo ()
Date: November 21, 2012 04:30

ok thanks for the tip

Posted by: hbwriter ()
Date: November 21, 2012 04:32

I'll add i think the stones look great - like the grizzled old bluesmen that they are

Date: November 21, 2012 04:37

micwer
treaclefingers
What do you call a bunch of whiney middle aged men on the internet?

IORRers?

Yeah...I guess that was a bit too easy wasn't it!

Posted by: MrMonte ()
Date: November 21, 2012 04:46

I had the opposite reaction. I didn't like the song before; now I like it a little more. This is an excellent video - pretty damn violent and edgy.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: November 21, 2012 05:02

.....great to see ...
but why doesn't Keef decide whether he wants his hat on or off....

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: November 21, 2012 05:10

Oh well

Posted by: Angus MacBagpipe ()
Date: November 21, 2012 05:44

Makes me like the song even more!thumbs up

Posted by: James Kirk ()
Date: November 21, 2012 06:11

Great video!

Posted by: James Kirk ()
Date: November 21, 2012 06:15

For Christ sakes is there anything you people don't bitch about? For those of you who haven't scene a video since Rio by Duran Duran in 1983, these quick edits is how it's done these days...Lighten up!

Date: November 21, 2012 06:18

Watched it for a 3rd time. I think it does a very good job selling the song.

This is the best video they've had in quite some time. I'll agree since Saint Of Me for sure.

Posted by: hbwriter ()
Date: November 21, 2012 06:41

James Kirk
For Christ sakes is there anything you people don't bitch about? For those of you who haven't scene a video since Rio by Duran Duran in 1983, these quick edits is how it's done these days...Lighten up!

and here you are - bitchin about people bitchin - everyone is entitled to an opinion - accept it, respect it and move on without the lectures

Posted by: NoCode0680 ()
Date: November 21, 2012 06:53

I don't raise much hell about the Stones. I've had a few opinions, like I would have rather seen this than that, etc. But I haven't really said anything about the ticket prices, have mostly enjoyed all the recent releases, etc. Yet if I give my honest opinion about this video I have somebody crawling up my ass and tossing me in with a group of people who are apparently "constantly bitching". As hbwriter was pointing out, there's just as much bitching about bitching as there is bitching.

Somebody could join the board today and be like, oh I didn't care for that, and he would be accused of constantly bitching. If people like the video that's fine too. I'm not going to get in their ass about it.

This board is a place for discussion. Which is by definition, an exchange of ideas. It's not everybody agreeing on something and patting each other on the back.

And I was only 3 when the Rio video was released.

Posted by: MileHigh ()
Date: November 21, 2012 06:53

Can't wait to see the Weird Al Yankovic version of this!

Date: November 21, 2012 06:57

NoCode0680
I don't raise much hell about the Stones. I've had a few opinions, like I would have rather seen this than that, etc. But I haven't really said anything about the ticket prices, have mostly enjoyed all the recent releases, etc. Yet if I give my honest opinion about this video I have somebody crawling up my ass and tossing me in with a group of people who are apparently "constantly bitching". As hbwriter was pointing out, there's just as much bitching about bitching as there is bitching.

Somebody could join the board today and be like, oh I didn't care for that, and he would be accused of constantly bitching. If people like the video that's fine too. I'm not going to get in their ass about it.

This board is a place for discussion. Which is by definition, an exchange of ideas. It's not everybody agreeing on something and patting each other on the back.

And I was only 3 when the Rio video was released.

But were you dancing on the sand?

Goto Page: Previous12345678Next
Current Page: 2 of 8

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1734
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home