Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Buddy Guy's Legends
Posted by: king ()
Date: November 17, 2012 09:40

The night after seeing the Stones at the United Centre in Chicago during the Licks tour,I went to Buddy Guy's Legends with a mate,and after listening to some fantastic blues music for a couple of hours,Mick and Ronnie walk into the club.
You can imagine the absolute hysteria that followed.
Buddy was there that night and asked the audience whether they would like to hear from a Stone.
Mick then came on stage,chatted to the band-I think It Was Charlie Love from memory,and played Little Red Rooster.
The 80 or so people in the crowd went NUTS!!!!!!!!!
For a guy from Australia who only came to Chicago to see the Stones,this was an experience that I still haven't recovered from.
Was anybody else there that night?

Re: Buddy Guy's Legends
Posted by: NoCode0680 ()
Date: November 17, 2012 09:54

No I wasn't, but I sure a hell wish I was. Congrats, sounds like one hell of an experience.

I've never actually been to Chicago. Came close, on my way up to Green Bay a couple times, but always detoured around. I WILL go there one day, I've always been fascinated with that city for some reason. For non-musical reasons. But there seem to be plenty of musical reasons to visit.

Posted by: king ()
Date: November 17, 2012 13:48

Hey NoCode0680,
I can highly recommend Chicago.
A fantastic city in every respect.

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: November 17, 2012 17:04

really? 10 years and still no sign of recovery? man...you got it bad.

Posted by: benstones ()
Date: November 17, 2012 22:07

I was not there but two months ago, I went to the Buddy Guy's Legend. This bar is amazing and really smells Blues. I think it's the most beautiful Blues' bar I ever seen in my life.
I had the chance to met Buddy Guy that night, he's a very nice guy and he's very close to his fans.

I really really hope to see him in Newark with the Stones, and I think it's possible...

Posted by: kovach ()
Date: November 18, 2012 05:23

Been there myself, great place. Best bluesman still around.

Posted by: Angus MacBagpipe ()
Date: November 19, 2012 08:57

I've been there too - Buddy left his spot at the end of the bar and jumped up on stage for one entertaining number.

Buddy's autobiography is a good read also, with lots of insights into the 50's and 60's Chicago blues scene and the greats like Wolf and Muddy.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-11-19 08:59 by Angus MacBagpipe.

Posted by: wineaux ()
Date: November 21, 2012 16:23

We're spoiled here in Chicago... get to see him quite often. The best place is at Legends, the blues club he owns in Chicago. Buddy plays at least 16 shows every January... it's the absolute best place to see Buddy be able to just be Buddy! We always get there by 11 AM and make a day of it. Get a table near the stage and talkl with other blues fans all day long. Buddy has entertainment scheduled throughout the day and then he comes on normally between 10 & 11, depending on which night of the week it is. He'll hang around afterwards for autographs and photos.

If Buddy is in town, he'll usually show up @ Legends every night and just sit at the bar. If it's a good night, he'll get up & join in on a song or 2 with who's ever on that night.

One night while playing at a show in Lincoln Park Zoo on the lakefront, he pointed straight at me and called me up onstage and personally handed me a guitar pick that has his picture on one side and 'i love you' on the othersmiling smiley! What a night!

Tickets for January's shows go on sale this Saturday...!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1691
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home