Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

OT: Roger Waters Europe 2013
Posted by: thunderball ()
Date: November 15, 2012 19:52

Good to see The Wall show is making its way back to Europe next year. .It will be upgraded from the recent arena gigs as the tour will be hitting stadiums. The London show is on 14th September 2013 at Wembley Stadium. Tickets are priced £70.45 to £87.45 and go on sale 21st November 2012 from the usual suspects, though there will be the obligatory presales beforehand no doubt.

Re: OT: Roger Waters Europe 2013
Posted by: The Worst. ()
Date: November 15, 2012 20:06

I got two great tickets for Oslo thru the presale at www.rogerwaters.com
All you need to do is to sign up at rogerwaters.com and get presale access to all shows on the tour. A fair, simple and fan-friendly system the Stones could learn a lot from.

Posted by: Single Malt ()
Date: November 15, 2012 20:07

Hopefully Roger's coming to Finland again. Last gig here was fantastic.

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: November 15, 2012 20:23

Hum...might have to go this time, Roger should really stop milking the past though, nearly zero material since...1992!

Anyway I signed up and now I'm "waiting to be selected", whatever that means...

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: Ladykiller ()
Date: November 15, 2012 20:31

The Wall is much more than the ultimate concert expierence. The best seats for this great show, is opposite the stage (wall). If you've not see yet, DON'T MISS IT NOW!!!

Posted by: Single Malt ()
Date: November 15, 2012 21:03

gotdablouse
Roger should really stop milking the past though, nearly zero material since...1992!

Perhaps he thought that the technology was good enough today to perform The Wall worldwide. 30 years ago the show was visually good but today it's much better. Thinking about this technology and the original Pink Floyd performing The Wall! That would have been a spectacular show. But perhaps after this Wall tour he might produce something new. Hopefully. Perhaps an album with David and Nick? winking smiley

Posted by: tipps ()
Date: November 15, 2012 21:44

Single Malt
gotdablouse
Roger should really stop milking the past though, nearly zero material since...1992!

Perhaps he thought that the technology was good enough today to perform The Wall worldwide. 30 years ago the show was visually good but today it's much better. Thinking about this technology and the original Pink Floyd performing The Wall! That would have been a spectacular show. But perhaps after this Wall tour he might produce something new. Hopefully. Perhaps an album with David and Nick? winking smiley

Would be nice but I think Davids answer is no thanks.

Posted by: BBrew ()
Date: November 15, 2012 22:07

He is playing in Split, Croatia at this beautiful stadium. tickets are from approx from 23 - 60 GBP

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Posted by: trainarollin ()
Date: November 15, 2012 22:27

Don't bother with the pre-sales. Look for tickets starting 5 days before the performance. Why give someone your money 8 months ahead of time.

Date: November 26, 2012 23:36

Well I finally got an invitation today and you're right I'm not sure who's going to go for that :
- no map to show where the seats are located
- no info on any discounts given

Google found me some pictures of the view from what they offer but it's not very tempting...side views and/or far away. If I decide to go I'll just get a GA ticket (no "golden circle" offered, at least for now) a few days before the concert, that's sill the best way to enjoy a concert if you're not too small or have health issues.

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Date: December 6, 2012 18:49

Well, well...I just got a couple of "golden circle" (GA in front of GA basically) tickets for €67 each, man do tix seem cheap now after the Stones O2 concerts...So much for the fan "pre-sales" anyway, I seem to remember they were priced at €96 for GA (not "golden circle"), could be wrong for the price, but definitely not in the "Golden Circle".

Date: July 6, 2013 17:52

I just bought a ticket for the concert in Split, Croatia, fan pit - only 25 €. Now that's a great price!!!!

Posted by: Torres ()
Date: July 6, 2013 18:50

Bitches Brew
I just bought a ticket for the concert in Split, Croatia, fan pit - only 25 €. Now that's a great price!!!!

With the amount of a stones US pit ticket, you can get 48 tickets of those.

Date: July 6, 2013 19:13

Torres
Bitches Brew

With the amount of a stones US pit ticket, you can get 48 tickets of those.

The normal price was arround 50 €, but his week a concert promoter is giving a 50% discount on all tickets for concerts in Croatia (Waters, Santana, Iron Maiden, Leonard Cohen, joe Cocker...)due to the fact that Croatia became a member of EU. It really is a bargain...
If anyone is interested : [www.eventim.hr]

Posted by: JJackFl ()
Date: July 6, 2013 19:31

Posted by: novica ()
Date: July 6, 2013 20:29

i bought a ticket for a fan pit, Belgrade,Serbia

Posted by: JJackFl ()
Date: July 6, 2013 20:39

novica

WHY?!

Posted by: noughties ()
Date: July 6, 2013 22:13

The Wall? He must have found his milking cow. His fans must be quite gullible.

Posted by: custom55 ()
Date: July 7, 2013 02:40

Roger is still touring The Wall. Man, I saw him perform The Wall Nov. 2011 ?

Good for Roger.

I miss the pig though...

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: July 7, 2013 13:41

I saw the original Wall in LA & the new version last year. It was one of the best total concert experiences I've ever seen. Go!

Posted by: Milan ()
Date: July 8, 2013 02:11

novica

See ya there my friend!

Posted by: RollingFreak ()
Date: July 8, 2013 11:17

custom55
I saw it in Oct 2010! It really has been awhile. It is good for him, but god its getting a bit tired, and doesn't he want to shoot himself playing the same exact thing over 200 times?

Posted by: Happy24 ()
Date: July 8, 2013 11:33

The problem with Roger (for me) is, that you never know, what he really sings and what is playback. I find that very disturbing, pretty much unacceptable for a star like him. Notice, that when he "sings" the most difficult parts, when he hits the high notes, he always has his mouth pretty much shut. Try it, it is impossible. That being said, I admit that I have seen The Wall twice in 2011 and I will again the next month. I really like The Wall and love the current show, but I would appreciate it way more if it was really live, I don't mind imperfections in live performances.

Date: July 9, 2013 16:09

custom55

Good for Roger.

I miss the pig though...

The pig was floating through the audience the 3 times I same him on the US tours.

Mike

Date: July 9, 2013 16:30

What's that "fan pit" business? At the Stade de France we're only getting "Golden GA" and GA, should be fun!

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: July 9, 2013 21:57

MidnightDevilRambler
custom55

Good for Roger.

I miss the pig though...

The pig was floating through the audience the 3 times I same him on the US tours.

Mike

Yes, the pig has flown at all shows of the Wall tour (2010-2012).
At the final stadium leg last year, the pig was lowered and the crowd was allowed to tear it to pieces.
I have a small piece, but it's like a shred of a plastic black garbage bag...strangest concert souvenir in my collection.

ps- Being up close at this show isn't necessarily a good thing regarding the sound and visuals.
At least 20 rows back and beyond is prime location imo.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-07-09 22:00 by Hairball.

Date: July 11, 2013 21:33

Graham Broad on drums. He is also first drummer with Bill Wyman's Rhythm Kings.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1471
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home