Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Scalper offering best 02 private box for £2750 in London newspaper
Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: November 15, 2012 12:31

Adverts have appeared in national newspapers selling Rolling Stones tickets for nearly £3,000.

Tucked among adverts for London theatre shows and pantomimes in today's (15 November, 2012) Metro is an advert placed by an individual identifying herself as Suzy, offering prime tickets for The Rolling Stones 29 November gig at the O2. The seller is asking for a minimum of £2,750 for each ticket, which promises the 'best position available' at the legendary band's second London show of 2012.

Food and drinks are included in the price of the undisclosed number of tickets on sale, with the seller inviting bids from fans desperate to see the Stones when they perform later this month.

Ticket prices for the band's O2 shows caused controversy when they were announced, ranging from £100 to £1000 pounds. Individuals later attempted to sell tickets online for up to £15,400.

The band have spoken out in defence of the high prices, with both Mick Jagger and Ronnie Wood claiming the face value of tickets is to cover production costs of the shows.

Jagger said of the prices: “We can’t, in four shows, change the whole ticketing system. You might say, ‘The tickets are too expensive’ – well, it’s a very expensive show to put on, just to do four shows, because normally you do a hundred shows and you’d have the same expense.”

Meanwhile, Ronnie Wood told The Telegraph, "We've already spent a million on rehearsing in Paris. And the stage is going to be another few million. And the lights.

"We feel no bad thing about ticket prices. We've got to make something."

[www.gigwise.com]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2012-11-15 12:50 by Silver Dagger.

Re: Scalper offering best 02 tickets for £2750 in London newspaper
Posted by: thunderball ()
Date: November 15, 2012 12:48

It is a lot of money, but it is a private suite at the O2 and not an ordinary seat. Somebody very graciously gave me a suite there for the basketball semi finals at the Olympics and it was an amazing experience. I actually asked the 02 how much it cost for a suite for future events. I can't remember actually what I was told but it was incredibly expensive. £2750 a ticket is a lot of money but in all fairness the seller will only break even, assuming they sell them.

Re: Scalper offering best 02 private box for £2750 in London newspaper
Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: November 15, 2012 12:58

But would an official suite be peddled like this in a paper, you'd think these would have been arranged before hand by the promoters ?

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: November 15, 2012 13:26

Bargain price?! NOT...

This is the first I've heard of any "private boxes" at the O2 shows. Where would they be located?

Date: November 15, 2012 13:38

No pics but details here : [www.theo2.co.uk] but again you'd think the promoters would be keeping a very tight control on them...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-11-15 13:39 by gotdablouse.

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: November 15, 2012 13:46

Just about to post that link gotdablouse. Watching the recent tennis there,I noticed the suites all the way round between level 1 and 4.

Posted by: Grison ()
Date: November 15, 2012 14:08

First of all these PRivate boxes might be suitable for a Sportsevent or if you do not like to be within the crowd at a show/concert, but then again its a pain to leave home where you have a homecinema with all gadgets. tongue sticking out smiley

These private boxes are very very expensive and you get entrance tickets for your guests for each show within the O2 arena. This is what I understood from. So yes the £ 2750 seems very very expensive, but as already said within this thread won't cover his expenses. Such tickets have been also available during the 2007 shows and already then I recall that there where in the 15 hundreds £

Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: November 15, 2012 15:39

It will appeal to Premiership footballers probably.

Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: November 15, 2012 15:43

My old firm used to have a suite in the Staples Center in LA, which is very similar in construction to the O2. For sports, it was OK, although higher than I would like. For concerts, it was slightly better than the nosebleeds.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: November 15, 2012 16:08

Not sure what 02 would be like, but I've done shows in private boxes before (that's what she said) and they certainly are not the best seats in the house by an extremely long stretch.

In fact, I'd prefer to forgo the free booze to actually see the band up close and get hammered later at a bar or at home.

Date: November 15, 2012 16:27

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-11-15 16:39 by thunderball.

Date: November 15, 2012 16:38

Suites are obtained on a lease basis. Minimum one year, maximum ten years. To hire a suite on a one year lease in 2007 was £95,000. What shouldn't be forgotten is that this is hospitality experience and not simply a ticket. Also it is not a box, it is a suite. As I posted earlier I experienced this for myself this summer. Each suite has a private bar and hospitality staff to look after you. All of whom need paying. Dinner was also served and it was not egg and chips! In addition we were given merchandise complimentary. Again, this would be covered In the hire cost. You get the experience but you pay for it inevitably.

Date: November 15, 2012 17:35

thunderball
Suites are obtained on a lease basis. Minimum one year, maximum ten years. To hire a suite on a one year lease in 2007 was £95,000. What shouldn't be forgotten is that this is hospitality experience and not simply a ticket. Also it is not a box, it is a suite. As I posted earlier I experienced this for myself this summer. Each suite has a private bar and hospitality staff to look after you. All of whom need paying. Dinner was also served and it was not egg and chips! In addition we were given merchandise complimentary. Again, this would be covered In the hire cost. You get the experience but you pay for it inevitably.

I guess leases will vary, however my understanding of the lease arrangement I was party to, was that in addition to the lease cost, you still paid for event tickets.

So either way, not cheap.

Date: November 15, 2012 18:25

treaclefingers
thunderball

I guess leases will vary, however my understanding of the lease arrangement I was party to, was that in addition to the lease cost, you still paid for event tickets.

So either way, not cheap.

You are quite right treaclefingers. The tickets are indeed an extra expense.

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: November 15, 2012 18:42

Only video of suite I can find.Don't look that great for the money.

[video]

Date: November 15, 2012 21:17

Yeah it really makes little sense to spend £2750 on that kind of "ticket" to see a concert, except maybe if you can book the whole thing and host some kind of corporate event.

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Date: November 16, 2012 04:03

gotdablouse
Yeah it really makes little sense to spend £2750 on that kind of "ticket" to see a concert, except maybe if you can book the whole thing and host some kind of corporate event.

The whole corporate 'event' thing is a way to 'reward' clients/build new business and enhance existing relationships. The event, be it a sporting event, or the Rolling Stones is almost 'background'. I saw Ozzy at one of these private corporate box shows. The beer was great.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1653
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home