Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
12-12-12 ?????????????
Posted by: InsiderInsider ()
Date: November 9, 2012 03:20

[www.nj.com]

"Chasing shadows moonlight mystery"

Re: 12-12-12 ?????????????
Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: November 9, 2012 04:44

Nice find...

fta

Hurricane Sandy benefit confirmed for Madison Square Garden
[www.nj.com]

The biggest concert venue in New York City has thrown its weight behind New York City biggest cause.

Madison Square Garden will host 12-12-12, a benefit concert for hurricane relief, on Dec. 12. No artists have been announced for the show yet, but promoters are promising to release the lineup soon.

12-12-12: A Concert for Sandy Relief is being organized by the same team that put together the Concert for New York City, the Oct. 20, 2001 charity show held in response to the 9/11 attacks. It is reasonable to assume that 12-12-12 will be a similarly star-driven event. The Concert for New York City drew many established names to the Garden, including the Who, Mick Jagger and Keith Richards, Jay-Z, Billy Joel, Bon Jovi, and Destiny's Child. Notably (and probably not coincidentally) both the Who and the Rolling Stones have concerts in the New York metropolitan area that week.

Tickets for the show — which are not available yet — will be sold to create a pool of money that will be administered by the Robin Hood Relief Fund, the active arm of the Robin Hood Foundation. Formed in 1988 by a team of corporate executives drawn mostly from the financial services industry, the Robin Hood Foundation has contributed to hundreds of New York City nonprofits over the past three decades. The foundation's Relief Fund was established in the wake of the 9/11 attacks, and has once again become active in the wake of the storm. The Fund promises that 100 per cent of the money raised by the concert will go directly to hurricane relief.

Posted by: stonesnow ()
Date: November 9, 2012 06:24

Everyone knows The Stones don't play 2 nights in a row, and they have $6.25 million to make on the 13th, so, no, they won't be on that bill. Besides, they don't play festival-type events.

Date: November 9, 2012 06:27

stonesnow
Everyone knows The Stones don't play 2 nights in a row, and they have $6.25 million to make on the 13th, so, no, they won't be on that bill. Besides, they don't play festival-type events.

I bet they play a part in this show, they may not do a full show,
but I'd bet they will play a part in it... if only for the good PR aspect.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-11-09 06:28 by Max'sKansasCity.

Date: November 9, 2012 06:48

Max'sKansasCity
stonesnow

Yeah, maybe Mick and Keith showing up to play Salt Of The Earth and a couple others--just paste them in from Concert for New York 2001.

Posted by: riverrat ()
Date: November 9, 2012 07:45

Mick 'n Keith will surely contribute. They've got good hearts. (Plus, they just released Crossfire Hurricane--they tend to be somewhat prophetic...)

Posted by: franzk ()
Date: November 9, 2012 12:52

The setlist:

Jumping Jack Flash
Hurricane
The Storm

Date: November 9, 2012 13:36

stonesnow

If everyone knows so much why are people scrambling here for info?

Posted by: orson ()
Date: November 9, 2012 13:59

and who plays for the sandy-victims in kuba??

-
Date: November 9, 2012 14:24

-

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-11-10 14:34 by Max'sKansasCity.

Posted by: gimme_shelter ()
Date: November 9, 2012 14:36

franzk
The setlist:

Jumping Jack Flash
Hurricane
The Storm

Gimme Shelter
"Oh, a storm is threat'ning
My very life today
If I don't get some shelter
Oh yeah, I'm gonna fade away"

Posted by: R ()
Date: November 9, 2012 16:16

Mick'n' Keith might show up to play with the back-up band

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: November 9, 2012 17:48

Max'sKansasCity
stonesnow

They'll be there for a cuppla tunes.

Posted by: bestfour ()
Date: November 10, 2012 20:06

stonesnow

Oh yes they do, Mick n Keith played for the Fire Service, after 9/11, they did Salt of the Earth and Miss You spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Date: November 10, 2012 20:52

bestfour
stonesnow

Oh yes they do, Mick n Keith played for the Fire Service, after 9/11, they did Salt of the Earth and Miss You spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

>grinning smiley<

Posted by: mickschix ()
Date: November 10, 2012 23:51

I bet they play this! It's only 2 or 3 songs and they'll be right in the city!

Date: November 11, 2012 01:24

bestfour
stonesnow

Yes, Mick and Keith played in Concert for NYC, but who are they gonna get for a backing band this time?

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: November 16, 2012 13:19

McCartney and Springsteen to headline, no Stones in sight...yet ?

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: November 16, 2012 14:01

InsiderInsider
bestfour
stonesnow

>grinning smiley<

Mick Jagger was the billed act that night. Keith decided to guest at about 24 hours notice.

Similarly with Live Aid. The band turned the gig down, Mick (who had a solo album to promote) agreed to do it - and then of course Woody and Ronnie ended up playing anyway, after Dylan had asked them to guest with him.

Posted by: vudicus ()
Date: November 16, 2012 15:39

Gazza
InsiderInsider
bestfour
stonesnow

>grinning smiley<

Mick Jagger was the billed act that night. Keith decided to guest at about 24 hours notice.

Similarly with Live Aid. The band turned the gig down, Mick (who had a solo album to promote) agreed to do it - and then of course Woody and Ronnie ended up playing anyway, after Dylan had asked them to guest with him.

Woody and Ronnie?????
Haha, you got something wrong! >grinning smiley<

Date: November 16, 2012 20:55

Nobody, that I am aware of, is doing anything for anyone in the Caribbean. They're used to living like that so it's no big deal obviously.

NYC is fine. They're acting like they got hit by a hurricane when they didn't. It's NYC, they're fine. They're tough.

Posted by: memphiscats ()
Date: November 16, 2012 21:02

WeLoveToPlayTheBlues
Nobody, that I am aware of, is doing anything for anyone in the Caribbean. They're used to living like that so it's no big deal obviously.

NYC is fine. They're acting like they got hit by a hurricane when they didn't. It's NYC, they're fine. They're tough.
?????????? Not cool
p.s. I'm sure Mick & Keith will be there.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: November 16, 2012 21:02

vudicus
Gazza
InsiderInsider
bestfour
stonesnow

>grinning smiley<

Woody and Ronnie?????
Haha, you got something wrong! >grinning smiley<

LOL.....Vudicus, the performance that night was so bad that I've tried to erase it from my memory and it seems I'm 50% there!

Posted by: coffeepotman ()
Date: November 16, 2012 21:46

WeLoveToPlayTheBlues

IS this some kind of a joke and your're trying to be funny? Cause it's not funny at all.

Posted by: GravityBoy ()
Date: November 16, 2012 21:48

12-12-12

The vital statistics of Twiggy.

Date: November 16, 2012 21:51

memphiscats
WeLoveToPlayTheBlues

?????????? Not cool

Sarcasm at its finest.

Date: November 16, 2012 21:52

coffeepotman
WeLoveToPlayTheBlues

IS this some kind of a joke and your're trying to be funny? Cause it's not funny at all.

It's sarcastic in honor of the attitude of the people from NYC that I know. Well, Brooklyn.

Date: November 16, 2012 21:55

It IS going to help with the Caribbean.

Proceeds from the concert - billed as 'a showcase of music royalty' - will go to the Robin Hood Relief Fund, set up to help the huge number of people in the Caribbean and US who have been stricken by the superstorm.

[www.monstersandcritics.com]

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: November 17, 2012 00:10

Whoo Hoo! Glad this event is going down. No doubt in my mind that Mick and Keith and Ronnie will all be there and likely Mick and Keith will sit in for a couple songs in someone else's set. Of course they will. They all know people who were personally effected by this disaster and know their presence will be highly appreciated and written about in the press.

Maybe the relief $ will be spread around to the Carribean victims as well. Who knows? I just hope most of it isn't eaten up by administrative costs and such. sadly, there is alot of fraud in that business. In Africa, there is a whole secondary market for relief goods that makes the Stone's secondary ticket market look like small potatoes. peace

Posted by: memphiscats ()
Date: November 17, 2012 00:20

WeLoveToPlayTheBlues
memphiscats
WeLoveToPlayTheBlues

?????????? Not cool

Sarcasm at its finest.
Gotchya - I was thought you must've been joshing. Glad the $$ is going to help the Caribbean too. Hate to mention it but what about Haiti? They need help too - those poor souls. sad smiley

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1893
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home