Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: 12-12-12 ?????????????
Posted by: mickijaggeroo ()
Date: November 17, 2012 00:21

stonesnow
Everyone knows The Stones don't play 2 nights in a row, and they have $6.25 million to make on the 13th, so, no, they won't be on that bill. Besides, they don't play festival-type events.

1 or 2 songs as a part of the show, no problem.

Vilhelm
Nordic Stones Vikings

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: November 17, 2012 00:23

Yeah I mean they rehearsed 5 days a week for four hours and Mick wasn't holding back his voice so that really shouldn't be a problem, even for more than 2 songs, a 4 song mini set would be nice.

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: mickijaggeroo ()
Date: November 17, 2012 00:26

And they ´ve been doing the Garden before, as a part of a benefit. With Keith in plaster if i remeber right.

Vilhelm
Nordic Stones Vikings

Date: November 17, 2012 02:45

memphiscats
WeLoveToPlayTheBlues
memphiscats
WeLoveToPlayTheBlues
Nobody, that I am aware of, is doing anything for anyone in the Caribbean. They're used to living like that so it's no big deal obviously.

NYC is fine. They're acting like they got hit by a hurricane when they didn't. It's NYC, they're fine. They're tough.
?????????? Not cool
p.s. I'm sure Mick & Keith will be there.

Sarcasm at its finest.
Gotchya - I was thought you must've been joshing. Glad the $$ is going to help the Caribbean too. Hate to mention it but what about Haiti? They need help too - those poor souls. sad smiley

Unfortunately Haiti is just always on the receiving end of the shit stick. If it seems like they can't get a break then they're not getting a break. Here's a bit of something I read that sums up how Universal didn't quite cover all the areas with their Weather Channel people:

But we seldom see these kinds of reportage out of places like Haiti, a country that has seen more natural disasters than the richest countries would be able to handle adequately, let alone one of the poorest nations on Earth.

Hurricane Sandy drenched the country's south with more than 20 inches of rainfall. As the rivers receded, allowing officials to travel through the storm-drenched southern peninsula, the death toll rose to 52.

In Cuba, 200,000 homes were damaged by the hurricane.

In the Bahamas, the total cost of damage to private property and public infrastructure is expected to reach $300m, according to a report from the Caribbean Catastrophe Risk Insurance Facility. That total would be higher than last year's Hurricane Irene, which caused about $250m in damage to the island chain east of Florida.

But where in all this week's media coverage are the human-interest stories out of the Caribbean? Do we hear about the resilience of the Bahamian people and how they will restore their economy? What about those dead? So far there hasn't been any and I don't expect to be reading about it from any western publication. Part of the definition of news is proximity and western media companies rarely go out of their way to bring thoughtful vivid human stories of places far away.

[www.guardian.co.uk]

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1365
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home