Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011Next
Current Page: 9 of 11
Re: single WORST Stones song EVER!
Date: April 4, 2013 03:48

Back to Zero

Posted by: steini ()
Date: April 4, 2013 03:52

It´s a secret!

Posted by: mikeeder ()
Date: April 4, 2013 15:04

Thief In The Night is pretty brutal.

Posted by: leatherjacket ()
Date: April 4, 2013 18:17

I wanne be your man!

Posted by: jamesfdouglas ()
Date: April 7, 2013 03:58

Dirty Work, Sweet Neocon, one can kind of snicker at those songs. Yeah they're terrible, hahah!

Streets of Love is so bad that ALL you can do is feel pain.

[thepowergoats.com]

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: April 7, 2013 04:38

It's so hard to choose just one.

Posted by: TimeIs ()
Date: April 7, 2013 05:09

jamesfdouglas
Dirty Work, Sweet Neocon, one can kind of snicker at those songs. Yeah they're terrible, hahah!

I LOVE the song Dirty Work. Very underrated. Passionate, cutting guitar solo:

Cued up:
[www.youtube.com]

Back to Zero, though, now that's another story. It's up there with My Girl, Sad Day, Short and Curlies, Can't Be Seen, Pretty Beat Up and Suck on the Jugular as strong annoyances. Overall the Stones have very little truly bad songs, IMO.

p.s. I LOVE Indian Girl and On with the Show.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-04-07 05:13 by TimeIs.

Posted by: No Expectations ()
Date: April 7, 2013 05:16

I have to go with Fool To Cry! With BACK TO ZERO a close second. Worst song because it has been so over played that I do not want to hear it anymore..................Start Me Up!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-04-07 05:27 by No Expectations.

Date: April 7, 2013 05:19

lapaz62
Most of the Exhile, is All Down The Line and Silver Train the same song.

Love both those songs!

Date: April 7, 2013 05:22

71Tele
I think Too Much Blood is about the biggest steaming turd they have ever laid on us. Utterly unlistenable. About half of Dirty Work is in the same category, as is half of ABB (the rest is merely mediocre).

Have to disagree....Too Much Blood is solid....video was excellent too!

Posted by: TimeIs ()
Date: April 7, 2013 05:24

stonesstein

6. Terrifying/Almost Hear You Sigh/Hearts for Sale/Blinded By Love/Break the Spell - SURPRISE! 1/2 of Steel Wheels is an insult to the band's prior catalog due to its contrived and slapdash composition. Clearly, the Stones had so little in the can after the first of the public feuds b/t the Glimmers until the bottom of the barrel is splashed all over this record! I KNOW it's 5 songs at once, but it's like one HUGE spoonful of schlock complete with studio tan production! UGH!

Great post. Completely agree with this, except I'd leave out Almost Hear You Sigh and put in Continental Drift and Can't Be Seen. Worst Stones album by far. Which is still a good album compared to most other artists' records!!!

Date: April 7, 2013 05:25

71Tele
stonesstein
Interesting to note that some of the more maligned (by some as being weaker) LPs are wholly unrepresented in this thread. No serious mentions of songs off Goats Head Soup or Undercover or Flowers, all of which have never been critical favorites.

It would be interesting to see what folks would list as their least favorite officially released live track?

WOW, THAT's a hard one!

3 out of 4 sides of LYL.

Love You Live is far better than some of the repetitive live compilations since then. IE Flashpoint Still Life

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2013-04-07 05:38 by No Expectations.

Posted by: Shade ()
Date: April 7, 2013 05:54

Stealing My Heart....when was the last time anybody rushed home to play that one?

Posted by: whitem8 ()
Date: April 7, 2013 06:39

Too Much Blood is just abysmal. Nothing much to redeem it and purely embarrassing. Streets of Love also is a definite low point.

Posted by: BowieStone ()
Date: April 7, 2013 12:15

whitem8
Too Much Blood is just abysmal. Nothing much to redeem it and purely embarrassing.

One of their very best 80s songs.I'm totally in shock about the hate for this song.

Posted by: RawIguanaCologne ()
Date: April 7, 2013 15:52

YCAGWYW!!!!!

I can´t stand it and it always took a much too huge slot on every show I´ve ever been. It´s just BORING!!!

Date: April 7, 2013 16:26

BowieStone
whitem8
Too Much Blood is just abysmal. Nothing much to redeem it and purely embarrassing.

One of their very best 80s songs.I'm totally in shock about the hate for this song.

thumbs up

Posted by: BILLPERKS ()
Date: April 7, 2013 17:06

GOMPER
COME ON
BABY BREAK IT DOWN
SWEET NEO CON
CAN YOU HEAR THE MUSIC

Posted by: crumbling_mice ()
Date: April 7, 2013 17:10

Where to start, there are so many - pretty much anything from 1979 onwards with the exception of a few. If I really had to go for one contender it would be Indian Girl...a truly dreadful song and I don't care how much of a political message it sends, it's just plain awful.

Date: April 7, 2013 17:12

BILLPERKS
GOMPER
COME ON
BABY BREAK IT DOWN
SWEET NEO CON
CAN YOU HEAR THE MUSIC

Yeah, Come On is a cute single, but not something you'd pull your friends into a room, put the 45 on the record player and say....'you just HAVE to hear this!'.

Hardly a career-making single. Says a lot about how great the band is that this was their debut single, followed with a B-rate Beatles song.

While they subsequently had an impressive catalogue, it was the live performance then and now that made and continues their legacy.

Posted by: GRNRBITW ()
Date: April 7, 2013 17:26

they had me on come on until they dropped "jerk" in favor of "guy"...what jerk came up with that idea! come on!

Posted by: loog droog ()
Date: April 7, 2013 17:27

71Tele
I think Too Much Blood is about the biggest steaming turd they have ever laid on us. Utterly unlistenable.

There have been bad records before (My Girl) and after (Back To Zero, etc.) but Too Much Blood stands out because it was the first record that didn't even sound like the Stones played on it...I can't make out the style of Charlie... or Keith...or anybody in the band behind Mick.

Those ultra-slick horns heralded that the Stones were trying to stay relevant in the post-Thriller pop music world. For me the worst part is where Mick name-drops The Texas Chainsaw Massacre. The Stones were so late to the party on that one, I just recall thinking that it was sad how out of touch they were.

Unlike the Satanic Majesties era, where they were just keeping up with current style, in this case they were old men trying to stay "with it." Where some earlier misfires (like Indian Girl) might have been ridiculous, Too Much Blood was the first time that the Stones looked pathetic.

But then...on the same record you've got Pretty Beat Up, which cooks with the heat of Slave, and sounds like it could have been recorded in Keith's basement during the Exile sessions. How do people not love that one??

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-04-07 17:31 by loog droog.

Posted by: GRNRBITW ()
Date: April 7, 2013 17:29

loog droog
71Tele
I think Too Much Blood is about the biggest steaming turd they have ever laid on us. Utterly unlistenable.

There have been bad records before (My Girl) and after (Back To Zero, etc.) but Too Much Blood stands out because it was the first record that didn't even sound like the Stones played on it...I can't make out the style of Charlie... or Keith...or anybody in the band behind Mick.

Those ultra-slick horns heralded that the Stones were trying to stay relevant in the post-Thriller pop music world. For me the worst part is where Mick name-drops The Texas Chainsaw Massacre. The Stones were so late to the party on that one, I just recall thinking that it was sad how out of touch they were.

Unlike the Satanic Majesties era, where they were just keeping up with current style, in this case they were old men trying to stay "with it." Where some earlier misfires (like Indian Girl) might have been ridiculous, Too Much Blood was the first time that the Stones looked pathetic.

agreed. just a little less blood would have been preferred.

Posted by: bestfour ()
Date: April 7, 2013 17:55

24FPS
Jumping Jack Flash

You are definitely following the wrong group

Posted by: bestfour ()
Date: April 7, 2013 17:59

24FPS
Honky Tonk Women

Are you for REAL?.... think you should follow some other groups Forum drinking smiley

Posted by: Come On ()
Date: April 7, 2013 18:17

Yeah, Come On is a cute single, but not something you'd pull your friends into a room, put the 45 on the record player and say....'you just HAVE to hear this!'.

Why not? I do it all the time...cool smiley

2 1 2 0

Posted by: andrewt ()
Date: April 7, 2013 19:25

jamesfdouglas
Streets of Love.

Or as Buckwheat would say: seats pa nub.

That's gotta be at the top of my list right now as well.

There are other misfires but this piece of sh*t was shoved in our faces as a single,on tv and in stadiums.

Posted by: FrankM ()
Date: April 7, 2013 20:50

andrewt
jamesfdouglas
Streets of Love.

Or as Buckwheat would say: seats pa nub.

That's gotta be at the top of my list right now as well.

There are other misfires but this piece of sh*t was shoved in our faces as a single,on tv and in stadiums.

If you don't like the song that's fine but they didn't shove it in anyobody's face. These guys have been doing this for a long time. Maybe they know what to release as a single better than you? Yes they played it live but some people who didn't like the song actually liked it live. Most of us guys don't watch soap operas so it wasn't shoved in our faces that way either. smiling smiley.

"Lyin' awake in a cold, cold sweat. Am I overdrawn, am I going in debt?
It gets worse, the older that you get. No escape from the state of confusion I'm in.

Posted by: WorriedAboutYou ()
Date: April 7, 2013 21:25

You Got Me Rocking by an absolute landslide. One of the worst songs by any band ever. Just horrible.

Date: April 7, 2013 23:46

Come On

Why not? I do it all the time...cool smiley

Come on, you do not!

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011Next
Current Page: 9 of 11

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1556
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home