Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123456789Next
Current Page: 8 of 9
Re: Stones fans wanted for upcoming official video
Posted by: swiss ()
Date: November 18, 2012 11:13

71Tele
swiss
71Tele
Sounds like fun Swiss. Look forward to catching up with you when I get back!
Tele, it was such a blast - would've been fun if you'd been there!

I know, but I wasn't one of the "chosen people". Boo hoo.

um....you couldn't have made it - you're in Norway!
did you even "apply"? boo hoo indeed! tongue sticking out smiley

Posted by: angee ()
Date: November 18, 2012 14:13

Reading all the experiences, was rushing through the topic last night...

Thanks for the detail of what happened. Sounds like some of this might make it in!
"Stu" (sorry, Swiss), and Patti, unique answers, alrighty. One big commercial,
well shot, of course, but hard to predict and very difficult to prepare for, I'd think.

~"Love is Strong"~

Posted by: ttutone ()
Date: November 18, 2012 15:04

Bob C.
Great to meet everybody in NYC today. Fame and fortune is on the way.
It was great to meet you too Bob and also everyone else. I am sure that we will all be at the Oscars for our outstanding performances.

I hope you and Rose get to see another show.
Tom

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: November 18, 2012 16:08

Great to read your stories. Thanks

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Posted by: bv ()
Date: November 18, 2012 16:56

I am really looking forward to the concert in London next Sunday. Hopefully the Stones will approve this pre-show video when it is ready, and we will have a great real fan-based warmup for the shows.

They are planning to use bits from all the shoots. Many fans and questions, I am sure it will be great, even if like most of us, I did not feel I was able to do any great performance on video. But they have something to copy and paste from. With real fans, not just anybody in the street!

Bjornulf

Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: November 18, 2012 19:28

The only little bit of negative was that there were a few "actors" that took part, my understanding friends of the production company, , don't think they were Stones fans, (I was thinking SAL all over again). I wonder if they had the questions fed to them in advance?

Posted by: gibsonman ()
Date: November 18, 2012 20:41

I went to the Oslo interviews yesterday. It was fun and I`m hoping they can use some of it. My spoken english should have been bether, but too late to do something with that now.

Thanks to IORR and bv for giving me the opportunity to take part in the videoproject. I`m going to the London concert next sunday and almost can`t wait to see the Stones live again...

This is my first post on this forum after beeing one of the "lurkers" for years and it may be that I post some more in the future and not only read others opinions on the Stones... smiling smiley

Posted by: donnarq1 ()
Date: November 18, 2012 22:44

...looking foward to your report from London, Gibsonman...I'm the blonde with the sparkling necklace...shot at night smiling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-11-19 01:37 by donnarq1.

Posted by: Thru and Thru ()
Date: November 19, 2012 01:07

BluzDude
The only little bit of negative was that there were a few "actors" that took part, my understanding friends of the production company, , don't think they were Stones fans, (I was thinking SAL all over again). I wonder if they had the questions fed to them in advance?

Do you mean here in L.A.? I must have missed that but then I didn't know anyone beforehand who was there at the time anyway. Just out of curiousity, was everyone "legit" while I was still there? It occurred to me on the drive up that it might happen, I even half expected a few 20-something hot models to be sitting there. LOL

Lose your dreams and you will lose your mind...

Date: November 19, 2012 02:21

Thru and Thru
BluzDude

Do you mean here in L.A.? I must have missed that but then I didn't know anyone beforehand who was there at the time anyway. Just out of curiousity, was everyone "legit" while I was still there? It occurred to me on the drive up that it might happen, I even half expected a few 20-something hot models to be sitting there. LOL

Thru and Thru, were you the British brunette in the little black dress? If so, it's so funny b/c when I arrived and saw you I figured you might either be with the Stones or a model/actress brought in as a "Shine a Light" type ringer. Also initially thought the same of another woman [who I later got to know]. Just goes to show winking smiley

- swiss

Posted by: stonesfrkk ()
Date: November 19, 2012 04:38

swiss
stonesfrkk
WOW Justin! LA is the new cool place to be? Amongest hipters and? You mean homeless people to the bone! With no #@%$&*% respect for anything! It is so off the chain it is not funny! Not to scare anybody because it's not scary it a #$%@#$% nightmare with The Worst Kind of people! Let's leave it at that because it's a hell of a lot worse then what i just mentioned!

Downtown LA is totally the place to be for the past 3-5 years. Depends what you like. There's a lot of creative things happening in old downtown LA.
Like Beggars Banquet,I agree! swiss

Posted by: stonesfrkk ()
Date: November 19, 2012 04:40

71Tele
swiss
71Tele

You would'nt 71tele believe me! Unless your into extra work!

Date: November 19, 2012 05:11

Thru and Thru
BluzDude

No, they were sitting on the couch and not conversing with us, didn't think they were there for the shoot, but they were. There was a young woman and she was with someone with long straight black hair, couldn't tell if it was male or female. Maybe they showed up after you left.

...and Swiss, sorry I missed you.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-11-19 05:14 by BluzDude.

Posted by: mickjagger1009 ()
Date: November 19, 2012 16:33

Did they film NY? Afer initially being contacted, I was waiting to hear an exact date and never did.

"You'll be studying history and you'll be down the gym. And I'll be down the pub, probably playing pool and drinking."

Posted by: Bob C. ()
Date: November 19, 2012 21:43

Yes - the NYC shoot was Saturday at 1 PM.

Posted by: Thru and Thru ()
Date: November 19, 2012 22:15

swiss
Thru and Thru
BluzDude

Thru and Thru, were you the British brunette in the little black dress? If so, it's so funny b/c when I arrived and saw you I figured you might either be with the Stones or a model/actress brought in as a "Shine a Light" type ringer. Also initially thought the same of another woman [who I later got to know]. Just goes to show winking smiley

- swiss

Oh gosh no!!! I was wearing jeans and a Stones t-shirt with a black jeans type jacket over it, something I would wear to a concert. I was long gone by the time you got there I think, it seems like a blur now but I think I left there around 2:00 PM.

Lose your dreams and you will lose your mind...

Date: November 20, 2012 09:12

Thru and Thru
swiss
Thru and Thru
BluzDude

- swiss

Oh gosh no!!! I was wearing jeans and a Stones t-shirt with a black jeans type jacket over it, something I would wear to a concert. I was long gone by the time you got there I think, it seems like a blur now but I think I left there around 2:00 PM.

Thru and Thru - so funny! (wonder whether the British woman in the LBD was a ringer?) Sorry we missed each other!

-swiss

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: November 20, 2012 09:23

sweetcharmedlife
donnarq1
Drive Safely smiling smiley
And slowly. Watch out for the CHP on I5.eye popping smiley

Ponch?

Date: November 20, 2012 10:55

treaclefingers
sweetcharmedlife
donnarq1
Drive Safely smiling smiley
And slowly. Watch out for the CHP on I5.eye popping smiley

Ponch?

ha! YES! Totally - the first time I saw a CHP I waved like "hey Ponch!" but realized it was a new
joke only for me winking smiley

sweetcharmedlife, thank you for that - I didn't see your post til right now. How are you? still in the
Bay Area? I took 5 down (p-U!!! wtf is that pong of thousands of hamster cages being cleaned out?).
But on the way back Ms Garmin guided me via this other route, sans rank odiferousness, which
actually went by Altamont BOTH as badass stormclouds were huddling up AND as the sun abruptly
decided to start setting. I was 10 miles cleared of Livermore, toward San Francisco--with
shreds of light still in the sky--when the clouds broke, fortunately.

Incidentally...a woman I met who grew up out that a-way told me when she was growing up, authority
figures and mean kids would use "Altamont" as a threat, like: "If you don't do X,Y,Z we're going to
drive you out to Altamont and leave you there." She said there were 3 local places like that: some federal
penitentiary where serial killers were housed, an decrepit old mental institution...and Altamont.
And, as you know well, sweetcharmedlife, living out here, there's good reason for that. It feels like
nothing is alive out there. Everything is always brown and still.

-swiss

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-11-20 10:58 by swiss.

Posted by: stonesrule ()
Date: November 20, 2012 19:35

Think it's great that IORRers were interviewed.

I'm not a fan of the present "downtown is so great" hype! It's far different than when the Stones briefly filmed down there years ago.

On a reality note, the location of the recent filming was mere blocks away from the ever-expanding site where some 200,000 homeless and struggling poor people and their children now attempt to survive.

I grew up in LA and it breaks my heart to see the advertising hype for "cool" rehabbed apartments for the trendies who can afford them and close by the
multitude of poor who don't have a future.

Posted by: donnarq1 ()
Date: November 20, 2012 20:15

Yes...there is the reality of poverty...homelessness...lack of citizenship status in the area.

Date: November 21, 2012 02:25

stonesrule
Think it's great that IORRers were interviewed.

I'm not a fan of the present "downtown is so great" hype! It's far different than when the Stones briefly filmed down there years ago.

On a reality note, the location of the recent filming was mere blocks away from the ever-expanding site where some 200,000 homeless and struggling poor people and their children now attempt to survive.

I grew up in LA and it breaks my heart to see the advertising hype for "cool" rehabbed apartments for the trendies who can afford them and close by the
multitude of poor who don't have a future.

stonesrule - I know nothing about "hype" -- and unlike you I wasn't so fortunate to grow up in Los Angeles and to now compare it to The Way Things Were Before When They Were So Much Better and Less Lame Than Newcomers Think It Is Now. My great great grandfather lived downtown, so I know something of what it was like at the turn of the 20th Century but all I can do see it as it is now with my own eyes. The eyes of a transplanted New Yorker. And someone who appreciates raw. What I saw and experienced was a lot of creativity, of course mixed in with a lot of homeless, and aspects of DMZ. I'm not romanticizing it. And, as said above, I don't need to see those lovely old (tho in need of attention) bldgs rehabbed into deluxe condo lofts winking smiley And, as I also said, to each his or her own. We can't all like the same things. But not everyone who has an appreciation for a place is due to hype - for me it's a visceral attraction. And that's where I'd live, most likely, if I needed to be in LA.

ps - why weren't you at the filiming in LA, stonesrule? - would've loved to have met you!

- swiss

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2012-11-21 11:07 by swiss.

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: November 21, 2012 02:40

stonesfrkk
71Tele
swiss
71Tele

You would'nt 71tele believe me! Unless your into extra work!

Not sure I understand your comment, stonesfrkk, can you clarify?

Posted by: stonesrule ()
Date: November 21, 2012 05:39

I'm sure the interviews in LA were great fun and certainly a memory to cherish.

Sorry, Swiss, I was, am, in Paris.

Date: November 21, 2012 11:05

stonesrule
I'm sure the interviews in LA were great fun and certainly a memory to cherish.

Sorry, Swiss, I was, am, in Paris.

stonesrule, ah! a free woman in Paris -- hope you're feeling "unfettered and alive" smiling smiley have a great trip

- swiss

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: November 21, 2012 16:18

Downtown L.A.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-11-21 16:25 by Erik_Snow.

Date: November 21, 2012 18:20

Downtown L.A.

Some tall buildings, good restaurants, Starbucks everywhere and at least one panhandler on every corner.

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: November 21, 2012 18:27

BluzDude
Downtown L.A.

Some tall buildings, good restaurants, Starbucks everywhere and at least one panhandler on every corner.

You gotta go to Arlington, BluzDude...check out the last 20 seconds.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-11-21 18:35 by latebloomer.

Date: November 21, 2012 18:36

latebloomer
BluzDude
Downtown L.A.

You gotta go to Arlington, BluzDude.

I had a 15th floor apartment in Southern Towers with a view of the Washington Monument stretching to the Capitol building back in the mid-80's.

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: November 21, 2012 18:45

BluzDude
latebloomer
BluzDude
Downtown L.A.

You gotta go to Arlington, BluzDude.

I had a 15th floor apartment in Southern Towers with a view of the Washington Monument stretching to the Capitol building back in the mid-80's.

Cool BluzDude, that's when I moved to the DC, had a big townhouse I shared with a bunch of people off of Wisconsin Ave. My then boyfriend lived in a duplex in Arlington, on a side street near the courthouse. So much development there, the whole street doesn't even exist anymore, taken over by high rise buildings.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-11-21 18:52 by latebloomer.

Goto Page: Previous123456789Next
Current Page: 8 of 9

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1770
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home