Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123456789Next
Current Page: 5 of 9
Re: Stones fans wanted for upcoming official video
Posted by: donnarq1 ()
Date: November 13, 2012 20:02

...hope we're not cancelled sad smiley It looks like the band is in NYC for Crossfire Hurricane Premiere tonight...best.

Posted by: Kurt ()
Date: November 13, 2012 20:16

Don't worry.

In my limited experience with production crews...be patient.

While you are thinking of nothing else, the production team is working on a project. They will be professional and contact you when they need to.

Just because the band is in NYC tonight, that doesn't mean your schedule will be adjusted in any way.

No guarantees, and I don't claim to know anything about this shoot, but the business will play out the way it plays out.

Relax.
Enjoy.

Date: November 13, 2012 20:21

Thanks, Kurt....Que Sera...Best in music smiling smiley

Date: November 13, 2012 21:10

Okay...L.A. folks...Check your email...hopefully we'll be on for Thursday smiling smiley

Posted by: Thru and Thru ()
Date: November 13, 2012 22:14

Yay, at least we know it hasn't been cancelled altogether! The email sounded like the guy in London really doesn't know anymore than we do.

L.A. folks, any idea just where in downtown this might take place? That's one area where I don't know my way around at all, we usually avoid it like the plague. LOL

Lose your dreams and you will lose your mind...

Posted by: Justin ()
Date: November 13, 2012 23:36

Hard to say. Downtown LA has slowly become the new "place to be" especially amongst hipsters. No doubt the LA Live area (Staples Center, Nokia Theater etc..) has helped bring people back to the area. There are still some shady areas, no doubt, but there are small clusters of cool areas slowly blossoming.

It might be on a high rise loft or cool warehouse...who knows. Wouldn't be surprised if it were on a rooftop somewhere since they'd probably want to showoff the sunshine and skyline.

Posted by: Monkeytonkman ()
Date: November 14, 2012 14:17

Went along for the London filming on Monday. Got there for 'bout 11 'n met Willy and Harlem Shuffler. They were filmed before me and we all met at the cafe and chopsed 'bout our experiene

They filmed in slightly different locations in the surrounding area. Got asked a few Stones questions like why you like em, how you got into em, n such like.

Malachy, the director for the London bit was a real nice bloke, directed the videos for the last U2 album. It all went by in a bit of a blur. bit nervewracking with the camera on me if i'm honest.

It will all be mixed together to be shown at the shows prior to the band. It was also mentioned that it might appear as a feature on the dvd.

All there is to do now is wait n see who is on it!

After the shoot' me n Harlem Shuffler moseyed down to the Stones shop, which was a good laugh. Bought some bits n bobs.

Shops a bit too 'boutiquey' (is that even a word?) for me, but was fun in there. would make a great place for a party!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nice staff too!

\m/

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-11-14 14:23 by Monkeytonkman.

Date: November 14, 2012 17:31

Thanks for the report smiling smiley

Date: November 14, 2012 20:19

...looks like Friday is on in L.A. smiling smiley

Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: November 14, 2012 23:30

Friday afternoon. Just remember the later you go, the more likely you'll be stuck in traffic when leaving.

Recommendation if you want to grab a bite. Urth Cafe is just a couple blocks away.

Posted by: Thru and Thru ()
Date: November 15, 2012 04:11

I requested noon or shortly thereafter but you know how that goes! Not looking forward to the drive home if it gets much later than 3:00 PM!!!

Lose your dreams and you will lose your mind...

Posted by: johnnythunders ()
Date: November 15, 2012 10:38

I'm being filmed in London today - anyone else?

Date: November 15, 2012 11:11

johnnythunders
I'm being filmed in London today - anyone else?

See you there JohnnyT!

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: November 15, 2012 11:19

thecitadel
last bit of fascinating info: I had to sign away my rights to all material filmed to Promopub NV - a Stones company. Does that mean I now have a contract with the Rolling Stones?

Looks like it! Did you get to keep a copy as a souvenir? Not sure if it's been asked/mentioned before, since a perk wasn't being around the Stones during the shoot, is their any "present" (t-shirt, badge, DVD, whatever...) for making yourself available and signing your rights away ? ;-)

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2012-11-15 14:51 by gotdablouse.

Posted by: swiss ()
Date: November 15, 2012 12:09

hi there -- so who's going to be at the Los Angeles shoot? I rec'd the location and pending
confirmation of my timeslot from Malachy - will be bopping down from San Francisco. It will
be a long drive, followed by an exhilarating time on the set - if anyone's around maybe we
could scare up some dinner, cup of tea, or other beverage?

What are people wearing? what-all were people wearing in London? Did they interview everyone?
was there a preferred demographic?

best
swiss

Posted by: thecitadel ()
Date: November 15, 2012 14:35

gotdablouse
thecitadel
last bit of fascinating info: I had to sign away my rights to all material filmed to Promopub NV - a Stones company. Does that mean I now have a contract with the Rolling Stones?

Looks like it! Did you get to keep a copy as a souvenir? Not sure if it's been asked/mentioned before a perk wasn't being around the Stones during the shoot, is their any "present" (t-shirt, badge, DVD, whatever...) for making yourself available and signing your rights away ? ;-)

Didn't get a copy of the contact, or indeed the £1 they owe me now, or even any goodies

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: November 15, 2012 14:52

Really ? A little something, anything, would have been nice...since they have your contact info maybe you'll get a thank you note signed by the boys later...We really are dedicated fans aren't we, no wonder Mick and Keith credited the fans in their recent round of interviews ;-)

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-11-15 14:54 by gotdablouse.

Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: November 15, 2012 15:40

They are apparently shooting on Saturday in Tokyo, and I'm in the center of the city w/a wife out of town, so I'll try to make it.

Posted by: ttutone ()
Date: November 15, 2012 15:55

Hey, ANybody heard anything about the NY shoot? I was contacted by Malachy and told that the shoot would be this week and have not heard anything since.

Posted by: oldfan ()
Date: November 15, 2012 16:26

The NY shoot may be Friday or Saturday. Malachy said he still intends to shoot in NYC.

Date: November 15, 2012 17:03

On a cold Thursday afternoon off Tottenham Court Road, paulywaul, manofwealthandtaste, BV and me all recorded our contributions to Malachy's Movie.

The finished piece will apparently only last 3-4 minutes long so will our words of wisdom end up on the screen or on the cutting room floor?

We'll have to wait 'til the 25th to find out...anyway, good to meet you guys and hope you enjoyed the chocolate!

Date: November 15, 2012 17:33

L.A. on for Friday smiling smiley

Posted by: blusuede ()
Date: November 15, 2012 18:10

any word on the NYC portion? I got an e-mail from Malachy early last week, but haven't heard back since, even after e-mailing early this week... no reply. hmmm...

Date: November 15, 2012 22:28

Just realised I answered two of the questions the wrong way round - I said Charlie Watts when I meant to say Anita Pallenberg and vice versa. No wonder Malachy was looking surprised.

Maybe they can sort it out in the edit...

Date: November 15, 2012 23:08

johnnythunders
Just realised I answered two of the questions the wrong way round - I said Charlie Watts when I meant to say Anita Pallenberg and vice versa. No wonder Malachy was looking surprised.

Maybe they can sort it out in the edit...

Ha! Let's hope some of our words of wisdom are included.....along with those of Pete Townsend and Roger Daltrey who are some of the more famous names due to appear.
Pleased to meet you Johnnythunders and thanks for the excellent chocolate!

Posted by: ttutone ()
Date: November 15, 2012 23:50

same thing for me...and I have heard nothing since

I'm going to tomorrow's shoot in LA - who else?
Date: November 15, 2012 23:52

hi there -- so who's going to be at the Los Angeles shoot? I rec'd confirmation of the location
and my timeslot from Malachy - will be bopping down from San Francisco. It will be a long drive,
followed by an exhilarating time on the set - if anyone's around maybe we could scare up
some dinner, cup of tea, or other beverage?

Stoked!!!

best
swiss

Posted by: angee ()
Date: November 16, 2012 00:16

Hope y'all make it into the video!
At least some of you should, anyway...

thumbs up

~"Love is Strong"~

Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: November 16, 2012 00:47

I will be there at 1:40 PM. I know others from this board are scheduled for 3PM and 4PM.

Date: November 16, 2012 01:02

BluzDude
I will be there at 1:40 PM. I know others from this board are scheduled for 3PM and 4PM.

Hi BluzDude - thanks! I tried to post a separate thread so people would see this but it seems to have been deleted. I doubtvery much most people will enter this 5-page thread just looking to see whetehr anyone happens to be going to LA - hence my separate post. But anyway, do you know who the other people who'll be in LA are? are you-all doing anything together? My time is 4:20pm.
thanks
swiss

Goto Page: Previous123456789Next
Current Page: 5 of 9

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2304
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home