Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3
Re: The Rolling Stones’ Chuck Leavell: ‘Great to be back together’ and rocking rehearsals
Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: November 1, 2012 16:06

cowboytoast
Chuck and his stupid beard and middle-aged cruise wear can go to hell...he is the spark that lit the fire that became the Vegas Stones...and yes...this is MY opnion..and i AM NOT A TROLL...if people want to give credibility to this ass-kisser then it's their perogative...but if it were 1962 and he was hanging around they would've called him an "Ernie" just like they did Bill....

this is very cruel and hurtful.

chuck will be the last stone standing (ok, sitting, but still...)

he's my fave stone ever and anyone who disses him, disses me. so think about that very carefully before you diss.

Re: The Rolling Stones’ Chuck Leavell: ‘Great to be back together’ and rocking rehearsals
Posted by: andrewt ()
Date: November 1, 2012 16:11

GravityBoy
I wish Chuck had been there back in '68.

It could have been so much better.

grinning smiley

Posted by: 2000 LYFH ()
Date: November 1, 2012 16:13

paulm
Finally, a solid thread I can get behind. For once, Chuck is recognized as the most important Stone for the new millenium. I had no idea he is so important to the band. Wow. thumbs up Don't mind the haters, Chuck; those at the top invoke others' envy. Too bad they can't see the forest through the (Georgia pine) trees.

Yeah, I agree. It would actually be interesting, if he was not there for the next (possible) tour and let Keith or Ronnie do everything he does behind the scenes. Let Mac play the keys...

Posted by: cowboytoast ()
Date: November 1, 2012 16:14

StonesTod
cowboytoast
Chuck and his stupid beard and middle-aged cruise wear can go to hell...he is the spark that lit the fire that became the Vegas Stones...and yes...this is MY opnion..and i AM NOT A TROLL...if people want to give credibility to this ass-kisser then it's their perogative...but if it were 1962 and he was hanging around they would've called him an "Ernie" just like they did Bill....

he's my fave stone ever and anyone who disses him, disses me. so think about that very carefully before you diss.

hey doesn't need to sit...if he had the balls he could get a 'keytar'and stand beside Keith and Ronnie...smiling and posing...actually the sick part of me would love to see that...

Date: November 1, 2012 16:17

StonesTod
cowboytoast

diss youdrinking smiley

Posted by: Mathijs ()
Date: November 1, 2012 16:19

cowboytoast
hey doesn't need to sit...if he had the balls he could get a 'keytar'and stand beside Keith and Ronnie...smiling and posing...actually the sick part of me would love to see that...

Actually, he already got one ready for the London shows:

Mathijs

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-11-01 16:19 by Mathijs.

Date: November 1, 2012 16:19

cowboytoast
StonesTod
cowboytoast

do some bumpin-n-grindin, billy preston-style? maybe even sing a tune or two? put on an afro-wig and sing nothing from nothing?

man...you're getting me all excited, but i have a feeling none of this will ever happen

Posted by: JaIsNotDead ()
Date: November 1, 2012 16:29

Chuck seems like a decent dude. Why all the hate?

Posted by: GumbootCloggeroo ()
Date: November 1, 2012 16:31

So much animosity towards Chuck and none towards the people that hired him in the first place and have the power to fire him? eye rolling smiley

Posted by: dandelion1967 ()
Date: November 1, 2012 16:33

We need a new song for the Stones: Bird is the word, but they might call it "Beard is the word"

--------------------------------------------

"I'm gonna walk... before they make me run"

Date: November 1, 2012 16:33

GumbootCloggeroo
So much animosity towards Chuck and none towards the people that hired him in the first place and have the power to fire him? eye rolling smiley

Seriously?

Posted by: JumpinJeppeFlash ()
Date: November 1, 2012 16:37

2000 LYFH
StonesTod
cowboytoast

And Ronnie W. is not a real guitarplayer, right?

diss youdrinking smiley

Date: November 1, 2012 16:41

DandelionPowderman
GumbootCloggeroo

Seriously?

damn didn't we all get dressed down for the last 2 days for being negative and 'whiners' towards our heroes (sic) ???...

Date: November 1, 2012 16:58

you'd miss him if he wasn't there. you would. sure you'd lied about it here where it's safe to spew your misguided hatred. but, you'd miss him. alot. ALOT.

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: November 1, 2012 17:02

StonesTod
you'd miss him if he wasn't there. you would. sure you'd lied about it here where it's safe to spew your misguided hatred. but, you'd miss him. alot. ALOT.

I miss him already...

Date: November 1, 2012 17:06

Munichhilton
StonesTod

I miss him already...

you can't, cos as dan hicks would point out, he hasn't gone away (yet).

Posted by: dandelion1967 ()
Date: November 1, 2012 17:11

JaIsNotDead

"I'm gonna walk... before they make me run"

Posted by: Woz ()
Date: November 1, 2012 17:17

JaIsNotDead

Ignorance.

Posted by: monkeymantoo ()
Date: November 1, 2012 17:17

dandelion1967
JaIsNotDead

I agree. There's too much negtivity on this. He has been playing with them for a good while now. He does seem to hold them together when they wander off. Take him away and you would notice.

Date: November 1, 2012 17:24

it's not even worth arguing over Chuck...he's so 'non-existant" in the scheme of things...just another 'yes man' ala' Ronnie and Don Was...he doesn't push them creatively..when he plays he sounds like one of the songs pre-programmed into a cheap keyboard that plays when you push the button marked 'DEMO'...i'm sure he has talent...but who cares...

Posted by: JumpinJeppeFlash ()
Date: November 1, 2012 17:30

cowboytoast
it's not even worth arguing over Chuck...he's so 'non-existant" in the scheme of things...just another 'yes man' ala' Ronnie and Don Was...he doesn't push them creatively..when he plays he sounds like one of the songs pre-programmed into a cheap keyboard that plays when you push the button marked 'DEMO'...i'm sure he has talent...but who cares...

My god pathetic...

Date: November 1, 2012 17:35

JumpinJeppeFlash
cowboytoast

My god pathetic...

i agree...he really is...

Posted by: Send It To me ()
Date: November 1, 2012 17:37

"My organ part is a bit buried" cool smiley

Date: November 1, 2012 17:41

Send It To me
"My organ part is a bit buried" cool smiley

eye popping smiley
That sounds like a private matter between you and your organ!

Posted by: JaIsNotDead ()
Date: November 1, 2012 17:45

If they hate let them hate and let them watch chuck's influence on the band pile up

Posted by: GravityBoy ()
Date: November 1, 2012 17:45

JaIsNotDead

Because Chuck thinks he's a Rolling Stone and he isn't.

Chuck is Mick's servant.

Keith thinks that Chuck being "musical director" is hilarious but goes along with it because it's part of the deal with him and Mick.

There are lot's of "musical directors" that could do what Chuck does.

Chuck NEVER contributed in any significant way to a great Rolling Stones record.

He's probably very nice and has lots of trees as friends.

I just wish he would back off.

Posted by: paulm ()
Date: November 1, 2012 17:48

glad to see the supporters out in force. Chuck is the epitome of understated cool. Actually, many of the Stones' mannerisms were lifted from Chuck. They're probably not even aware of it, his influence runs so deep.

Posted by: GravityBoy ()
Date: November 1, 2012 17:49

AND.. because this is SO wrong!!!

Date: November 1, 2012 17:53

cowboytoast

blah blah blah

you care and you'd miss him. YOU'D MISS HIM! and don't even bother responding here cos we all know that....YOU'D MISS HIM!

Date: November 1, 2012 17:54

GravityBoy
JaIsNotDead

Because Chuck thinks he's a Rolling Stone and he isn't.

Chuck is Mick's servant.

Keith thinks that Chuck being "musical director" is hilarious but goes along with it because it's part of the deal with him and Mick.

There are lot's of "musical directors" that could do what Chuck does.

Chuck NEVER contributed in any significant way to a great Rolling Stones record.

He's probably very nice and has lots of trees as friends.

I just wish he would back off.

YOU back off. what contribution of any significance have YOU made? hmmm?

chuck rocks and rules and that's all there is to it.

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1376
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home