Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Bootleg value, is this correct?
Posted by: Carnaby ()
Date: November 1, 2012 03:04

Re: Bootleg value, is this correct?
Posted by: alimente ()
Date: November 1, 2012 03:50

Value? It's a price tag! If the seller finds a buyer who pays this amout of money, good for him! But VALUE? Nice try!

Besides, the info is misleading. Of course this shows the bootleg, not the semi-official german Teldec release that came with the box.

Posted by: Vocalion ()
Date: November 1, 2012 09:03

Bought mine for 20 euro's.....

Date: November 1, 2012 10:36

This guy's description of boots is from 70's. I have boots that look more official than label releases.

Posted by: steffiestones ()
Date: November 1, 2012 11:17

The most valuable boots are the TMOQ from end sixties, early seventies.
On my knowledge, the first stones boot was Live'r Than You'll Ever Be. Was first released on Lurch label, later TMOQ.

Posted by: kait ()
Date: November 1, 2012 11:20

take this one

[www.ebay.at]

Posted by: Carnaby ()
Date: November 1, 2012 12:28

kait
take this one

[www.ebay.at]

Thanks Kait. I have the pic sleeve and single, bought it way back when. But I never heard anything before about it growing in value to 7 Grand!! That is why I questioned here for all you "experts"!!

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: November 1, 2012 15:40

Its absolutely accurate in pesos...

Posted by: scottkeef ()
Date: November 1, 2012 16:48

I might be mistaken here but I thought the first actual Stones bootleg was NOT LIVER but an unauthorized LP of The Hyde Park concert...

Date: November 3, 2012 01:52

There are supposedly two different versions of this disc. There is a blue label version sent out to selected members of the UK music press by Stiff Records as a Christmas joke with a letter from Vinyl Mogul (Jake Riviera) thanking them for their help/apathy. Classic Stiff. The records are commom but if you have the letter, that's the holy grail. Beware of photocopies. There is also rumoured to be a maroon label version and only 10 were pressed. Never seen a copy but I have it on good authority from a big Stones collector here in SoCal they do exist. Other than the Stones I collect Stiff 45s and have several copies of this single. Never paid more than $25 for mine. We don't know if they were actually pressed by Stiff Records.

Scotty,
Irvine, CA

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: November 3, 2012 14:11

I will sell my copy for 5 grand
jeroen

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1778
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home