Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3
Re: The Last Time from Charlie Is My Darling
Posted by: memphiscats ()
Date: November 2, 2012 04:38

Great stuff. And thanks Rockman for the book passage that helps explain the film's title. I was convinced it must've been a quote from one of the girls they were interviewing before the show. I stand corrected!smoking smiley

Posted by: TheDailyBuzzherd ()
Date: November 2, 2012 04:49

Glad this is coming particularly now 'cuz many don't know that The Stones
had different members over the years. Here they can see how a band matures
over time and can see it'll happen to today's music icons ... better, they
can see AND hear that THiS is rock'n'roll ... have seen bits'n'pieces on
YouTube®, better to have a proper release, FiNALLY.

Posted by: Lien ()
Date: November 2, 2012 11:01

Cristiano Radtke
Here's I'm alright, but is unavailable for me.

[www.spinner.com]

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: November 2, 2012 11:19

Thanks, Lien! "I'm Alright" is always a winner. Seemingly the version used to back up the footage is the GOT LIVE IF YOU WANT IT! (UK EP) version. The fact that the recording and filming do not totally match (are not from the same shows), doesn't worry me at all. They are close enough to get visually and sonically the feeling to of a 1965 Rolling Stones show!

- Doxa

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-11-02 11:24 by Doxa.

Date: November 2, 2012 11:28

By the way, dear mr. moderator man, would a sticky status for CHARLIE IS MY DARLING be a nice idea? There is stuff happening all the time, and it is an important release.

- Doxa

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-11-02 11:29 by Doxa.

Date: November 2, 2012 11:38

Besides, even though it is a question of the structure of fanbase, it is rather ironical that the title and cover sleeve of a greatest hits album gathers more interest among hardcore fans than a real archive gem like this...grinning smiley

- Doxa

Date: November 2, 2012 11:44

I hope the sound on the CD is from Ireland, and not from what we've got already.

Anyways, there are songs we don't have, but it would be cool if it indeed was from that show thumbs up

Date: November 2, 2012 12:16

DandelionPowderman
I hope the sound on the CD is from Ireland, and not from what we've got already.

Anyways, there are songs we don't have, but it would be cool if it indeed was from that show thumbs up

I hope too, but the realist in me says that what we will have will be an extended version of EP GOT LIVE IF YOU WANT IT! They probably use the tapes thay have for making that EP (I guess those being best in quality and sounding-wise they have), and if my ears don't lie, for example, that "I'm Alright" is from the EP.

But it will be wonderful in any case!

- Doxa

Posted by: BJPortugal ()
Date: November 2, 2012 17:04

Doxa
Besides, even though it is a question of the structure of fanbase, it is rather ironical that the title and cover sleeve of a greatest hits album gathers more interest among hardcore fans than a real archive gem like this...grinning smiley

- Doxa

Indeed...thumbs up

Posted by: rocker1 ()
Date: November 2, 2012 17:15

Is the audio from The Last Time in CIMD from the concert being shown, or from another (possibly non-Ireland) source?

Apologies if this has been answered.

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: November 2, 2012 19:49

"We did some pretty serious science on this," director Mick Gochanour told Billboard about the restoration process. "It took eight months to synch up the [soundtrack] with the live performances…We realised during the middle that we had six complete performances" from the two different cities, recorded on long-obsolete three-track tape.

He added: "There were three tracks: the audience, Mick, and the band. The audience recording was slightly out-of-synch with the band, and when we aligned them, it gave unbelievable definition to the bass and drums."

[www.nme.com]

So it looks as if at least some of the audio may be original - though it's obviously been adjusted to prevent the audience noise from overwhelming the band.

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: November 2, 2012 20:28

Thank you very much, Lien. thumbs up

Posted by: MissNBrian ()
Date: November 3, 2012 02:22

Doxa
DandelionPowderman

I hope too, but the realist in me says that what we will have will be an extended version of EP GOT LIVE IF YOU WANT IT! They probably use the tapes thay have for making that EP (I guess those being best in quality and sounding-wise they have), and if my ears don't lie, for example, that "I'm Alright" is from the EP.

But it will be wonderful in any case!

- Doxa

As I was watching the preview, it dawned on me that the version of 'Time is on my Side' was the vinyl version from the album "GLIYWI" (which I've always heard that the songs weren't recorded at Royal Albert Hall), and not the CD version from the 80's. At least that's what I heard lol

With that been said, I soooo can't wait for the 6th!!
-----------------

"Doctor please, some more men please,
To Cotchford Farm, out by the pool...

What a drag it is they couldn't revive him"

Brian Jones 2/28/42 - 7/2/69

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1944
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home