Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

New album....my vision :-)
Posted by: ThatsWhatISay ()
Date: December 19, 2004 03:04

I've been really tensed over the last few days since I'm looking so much forward to the new studio album. What makes me anxious is that I'm not sure if our boys know the importance of this album since almost 8 years of creative absence. What we will witness in 2005 might be the last Stones studio album and the last Stones tour. The new album is one of the last great chances to attract the younger people and make them get into Stones music and thus show them the way to musical enlightenment :-) I expect this album to be at least as good as Voodoo Lounge, but in secret I want it to be even better! Of course I'm aware of the fact that it will never reach the level of early Stones albums, but this is mainly because present records sound very clean and polished due to new recording techniques etc...they all miss the spontaneity, vividness and energy of records from the 60's and 70's, especially those from the Stones ;-)
In my wildest fantasies I envision the new record to be a huge hit, selling far more than 10 mio. worldwide, remaning in the charts for months, conquering the radio stations and attracting a hord of young people to the Stones music...and I don't think this is unrealistic! I mean it has been almost 8 years since their last studio work. This must be like a thirsty person finally finding an oasis :-)
If Mick and Keith put enough effort into their work and take the time they need without falling into haste whatever reason for...I just hope things are good between Mick and Keith :-/
Me for myself I'm sure I'm ready for my mission...y'know the old procedure...first of all getting multiple orgasms when listening to the album....then...forcing mates to listen to Stones until they realize how great they are...turning up the volume of my car audio system to an extend that all passengers turn around...calling radio stations and wishing for the Stones...and so on...
There must be some order again in a music world full of hip-hop junkies and mayfly bands!

WHAT'S YOUR MISSION ?!

DO YOU SHARE MY VISION/ENTHUSIASM ?!

Re: New album....my vision :-)
Posted by: JumpingKentFlash ()
Date: December 19, 2004 03:35

"The last Stones studio album and the last Stones tour".
- DEJA VÚ!!!!!!

Of course I hope it sells 9999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999 copies the first hour it's released and so on.

My mission is to tell you that you don't have to worry at all. This new album will give you the feeling you're getting killed in heaven if you know what I mean. It's gonna be a masterpiece. So no worries mate.

JumpingKentFlash

Posted by: yap yap ()
Date: October 1, 2006 21:12

JumpingKentFlash Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> "The last Stones studio album and the last Stones
> tour".
> - DEJA VÚ!!!!!!
>
> Of course I hope it sells
> 9999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999
> copies the first hour it's released and so on.
>
> My mission is to tell you that you don't have to
> worry at all. This new album will give you the
> feeling you're getting killed in heaven if you
> know what I mean. It's gonna be a masterpiece. So
> no worries mate.

Do we still feel this way? I do.

Pleased to meet you......

Posted by: palerider22 ()
Date: June 26, 2013 03:11

ThatsWhatISay
I've been really tensed over the last few days since I'm looking so much forward to the new studio album. What makes me anxious is that I'm not sure if our boys know the importance of this album since almost 8 years of creative absence. What we will witness in 2005 might be the last Stones studio album and the last Stones tour. The new album is one of the last great chances to attract the younger people and make them get into Stones music and thus show them the way to musical enlightenment :-)

Yes, I agree...it's been another eight years!

Posted by: jamesfdouglas ()
Date: June 26, 2013 03:13

What new album??

[thepowergoats.com]

Posted by: sonomastone ()
Date: June 26, 2013 03:21

I remember feeling that way before undercover came out... Then dirty work... Then steel wheels... Then voodoo lounge...the whole deal including requesting the songs from the radio stations. If I or probably others sound cynical sometimes about them going back to the studio it's probably because we've been disappointed so many times.

Posted by: rumple21 ()
Date: June 26, 2013 08:11

I suppose they could go for a completely new album - this would involve a creative surge which given the evidence of the last 8 years would seem to be a real struggle for them. The other route would be a type of Tattoo-You-2 project. In another thread on the board a discussion is going on about all the discarded outtakes (we know about) over the last 40 odd years. Surely there is great potential there perhaps combined with some more recent efforts.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-06-26 08:12 by rumple21.

Posted by: billwebster ()
Date: June 26, 2013 23:09

At this time, it seems like they really wanted to go out with "A Bigger Bang", kind of like they decided this pun was a good way to go because an ordinary bang wouldn't do.

Here's looking forward to the next Ron Wood solo album for the time being, since Jagger has made it abundantly clear that he believes the fans wouldn't want to listen to new songs.

Posted by: lettingitbleed ()
Date: June 27, 2013 00:39

Can they make a great new album? I believe that they can. Based on the strengh of the reworked Some Girls and Exile tracks (way better than they needed to be) and Micks songwriting and singing on other recent projects (SuperHeavy, Stu tribute, etc) It can be done. Now whether it can be up to par with some of the classics is hard to say as by all accounts the songwriting parternership of Jagger/Richards has been dead for many years. Seems they prefer to write on thier own or with outside help then slap that name on them anyway. IF they actually wanted to invest the time in sitting down somewhere for a few months and work out songs like the old days, I think they still could do it and do it well.

Now having said all that, will Mick and Keith bother to do that? No, I don't believe they care enough at this stage of thier lives. IF a new album was released, I imagine it would be maybe 9 Jagger songs with 3 or four songs written by Keith.

My feeling is there will be no new album released. Ever.

I do hope I'm wrong about everything!

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2013-06-27 00:44 by lettingitbleed.

Posted by: RollingFreak ()
Date: June 27, 2013 01:43

sonomastone
I remember feeling that way before undercover came out... Then dirty work... Then steel wheels... Then voodoo lounge...the whole deal including requesting the songs from the radio stations. If I or probably others sound cynical sometimes about them going back to the studio it's probably because we've been disappointed so many times.
That really is the right answer, despite many not wanting to hear it. Even though some of those albums have good songs, on a whole they are completely unnecessary and forgotten. Sadly, everything after Tattoo You is that way. Either thats all they had in them and they've literally been coasting since then, or its just very coincidental that the albums went very downhill after Tatto You. People may have their personal favorites. Hey, I think A Bigger Bang is a great album! But its long, as all of their post Dirty Work albums are, and as much as I like it, its realistically not memorable in the sense of their career. They've been old for awhile, but they've always needed an album in order to tour and stay out there. At 70, they really don't need to. I think it requires way too much diligence to make another album, and this tour is evidence that they can have great things on their side and still screw it up. This tour was great, but it could have been so much better, and I agree with the post I quoted in saying I'm just sick of them putting out mediocre products.

Posted by: amg077 ()
Date: June 27, 2013 03:35

It sounds kind of crazy but for me the album to catch new audience coudld be like this:

I would like the new album to have some of the classic stones style and I think they could put at least one song with todays trends.

They could put 4 singles in the disc and one of them could be a mix of rock/electronic/pop like the fasion in music today. One of the other singles could be indie rock influenced, the other two could be in the classic stones styles.'The other songs of the album should be a mix of stones best genres like blues,country, rock and roll and hard rock.

They should record music videos from each single and put them on youtube, like streets of love, doomg and gloo, etc.

The stones have had both success and failure by adopting fashion trends like disco, funk, psychedelick rock. They should take a little part of the risk.It would be great to say: The Stones songs go from blues to electronic, from disco to psychedelick, from indie to rock and roll!

That's my crazy idea, what do you think?

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2013-06-27 03:42 by amg077.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1495
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home