Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3
Re: El Mocambo '77
Posted by: Potted Shrimp ()
Date: December 22, 2004 12:58

The Richmond show was filmed by Giorgio Gomelsky, so maybe the tape for auction came from his source. It was shoot 21-04-1963. Don't know the set list but they played It's allright babe and Pretty Thing.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: December 22, 2004 13:37

Sale 9836, Lot 75
A rare reel-to-reel tape recording of the Rolling Stones at the Crawdaddy Club, Richmond, Summer, 1963, approximate running time 90 minutes
To be sold without copyright
Estimate: £20,000-30,000

1. Route 66 [complete]
2. Come On
3. Talkin' Bout You
4. Love Potion No.9
5. Roll Over Beethoven
6. Money
7. Pretty Thing [complete]
8. Jaguar & Thunderbird
9. Don't Lie To Me
10.Our Little Rendezvous [complete, Chuck Berry's rewrite of Good Morning Little Schoolgirl - this Berry song is unknown in any other version by the Stones]
11.You Got Me Running
12.Brown Eyed Handsome Man
13.Diddley Diddley Daddy [complete]
14.Money [complete

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Potted Shrimp ()
Date: December 22, 2004 13:40

Jagger bought it Rockman?

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: December 22, 2004 17:45

Thanks, Rockman - I actually thought the setlist was longer than that (especially if its 90 minutes), but the link on Sothebys site which was originally posted on IORR was taken off before I could update my setlist page.

Posted by: Mathijs ()
Date: December 22, 2004 18:36

I know of three 1969 soundboards that exist: Altamont and MSG 28/11/1969 both shows. I have only listened to an 8th copy of the Altamont show though, in a quality not somehting to write home about...

Mathijs

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: December 22, 2004 22:11

Oakland surely?

Posted by: saltoftheearth ()
Date: January 20, 2006 15:30

Came across that thread by accident. It is very interesting to read again. Time is on my side...

Posted by: Esky ()
Date: January 20, 2006 17:33

Mathijs Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I know of three 1969 soundboards that exist:
> Altamont and MSG 28/11/1969 both shows. I have
> only listened to an 8th copy of the Altamont show
> though, in a quality not somehting to write home
> about...
>
> Mathijs

Correct. And you'd think Oakland, Baltimore, New York Nov 27, and the Boston shows also exist....somewhere....
And the Saville/Lyceum Ballroom shows around Xmas '69.

Posted by: BersaGurra ()
Date: January 20, 2006 21:03

That hissing sound from the first show must now be easy to fix?

Posted by: LA FORUM ()
Date: January 20, 2006 22:31

Was Mocambo filmed or not?? This is the great great holy grail of all shows for me.

Posted by: Baboon Bro ()
Date: January 21, 2006 01:05

rob Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> As erikjjf said !
>
> Get The Book !

It´s like, if anyone asks you what the time is;
"Go buy yourself a watch". Esp when repeatin it smiling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2006-01-21 01:06 by Baboon Bro.

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: June 6, 2011 05:36

Cool

Posted by: NorthShoreBlues2 ()
Date: June 6, 2011 06:25

Deidre
Potted Shrimp,

I'm serious. I saw them twice in '76. Never been more disappointed at A Stones' gig really. It wasn't just me - many other longer term fans realised they'd lost a massive amount since '73. Love You Live confirmed to me how much they sucked at this period in the seventies. Ronnie's twanging on Rooster is an abysmal disgrace. Just look at Keith in that photo above.

Just compare a clumsy lurching HTW on LYL to the uplifting and liberating one on Ya Yas, for example.

I've recently seen the video of the Knebworth show, (which I attended). Jagger was such a jerk really. He thought he just had to turn up and prance about and shout. Everyone cheered anyway. But they certainly weren't the greatest anything at the time. Greatest superstars maybe.

THINGS HAVE CHANGED.

Thats sort of how I see the band, as 2 maybe 3 different bands . . . when i heard jagger's singing on Rambler in 1975; it confirmed for me that it was over. ("talkin bout the midnight ramblaaarrrrrr") they had become charactures of themselves. Jagger rarely can come close to his soulful on stage singing pre-73. Oh well . . .

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: June 6, 2011 06:38

NorthShoreBlues2
Deidre
Potted Shrimp,

I'm serious. I saw them twice in '76. Never been more disappointed at A Stones' gig really. It wasn't just me - many other longer term fans realised they'd lost a massive amount since '73. Love You Live confirmed to me how much they sucked at this period in the seventies. Ronnie's twanging on Rooster is an abysmal disgrace. Just look at Keith in that photo above.

Just compare a clumsy lurching HTW on LYL to the uplifting and liberating one on Ya Yas, for example.

I've recently seen the video of the Knebworth show, (which I attended). Jagger was such a jerk really. He thought he just had to turn up and prance about and shout. Everyone cheered anyway. But they certainly weren't the greatest anything at the time. Greatest superstars maybe.

THINGS HAVE CHANGED.

Thats sort of how I see the band, as 2 maybe 3 different bands . . . when i heard jagger's singing on Rambler in 1975; it confirmed for me that it was over. ("talkin bout the midnight ramblaaarrrrrr") they had become charactures of themselves. Jagger rarely can come close to his soulful on stage singing pre-73. Oh well . . .

I agree with this...It's very difficult for me to understand the affection LYL has for some fans. They had lost so much on their fastball (to use a baseball metaphor) between '73 and '75 that it was apparent to me immediately when I saw them at the LA Forum in '75. What had been elegant and dangerous became merely bloated and decadent. '76 was even worse than '75, and why they chose to document this particular period with a live album has always escaped me.

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1769
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home