Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Time To Put The Rolling Stones On The Shelf!
Posted by: stonescrow ()
Date: May 31, 2011 19:57

Well, at least until after the Thunderboat Season is over! This is the time of year when I switch my attention from the Stones over to the Thunderboats, unless, (of course) the Stones are touring, which (of course) will be the case next summer for the historic 50th anniversary celebration. Just curious do any of you ever take a little break from the Stones during the year?

What is a Thunderboat? It's a 30' 6,000 LB hydroplane that is propeller driven and skims over the water at 200 MPH throwing up massive volumes of water behind it called a roostertail. Been goin on up here in Seattle for 60 years. Grew up with it and every summer become like a little kid all over again, it's called Thunderboat Fever.

Re: Time To Put The Rolling Stones On The Shelf!
Posted by: Satisfaction ()
Date: May 31, 2011 20:03

Thunderboat Fever?
That would sound great for a new Stone album!spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Posted by: stones78 ()
Date: May 31, 2011 20:03

I rarely listen to the Stones these days, I mean, I've listened to those songs so many times I can play them in my head without playing the cd's, every few months I'll play the cd's to "refresh" my memory, but there's a lot of music, a lot of new music to keep focusing on the Stones.

Date: May 31, 2011 20:05

Satisfaction
Thunderboat Fever?
That would sound great for a new Stone album!spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Good Idea!thumbs up

Posted by: ineedadrink ()
Date: May 31, 2011 20:06

if you have to "switch your attention" and take a break from listening to a band then i'm afraid you have a problem.

Date: May 31, 2011 20:07

stones78
I rarely listen to the Stones these days, I mean, I've listened to those songs so many times I can play them in my head without playing the cd's, every few months I'll play the cd's to "refresh" my memory, but there's a lot of music, a lot of new music to keep focusing on the Stones.

I mean do you ever take a little break from IORR?

Date: May 31, 2011 20:12

ineedadrink
if you have to "switch your attention" and take a break from listening to a band then i'm afraid you have a problem.

Probably, but fortunately not a harmful one, (problem) that is.

Posted by: stones78 ()
Date: May 31, 2011 20:32

stonescrow
stones78

Oh, yeah, I've taken a few breaks here and there.

Date: May 31, 2011 20:49

stones78
stonescrow
stones78

Oh, yeah, I've taken a few breaks here and there.

It seems to have worked for the Stones all these years. I mean who knows if they would still be going today if they hadn't taken time off between tours, etc.? They probably would have burned out a long time ago.

Posted by: Edith Grove ()
Date: May 31, 2011 21:53

Oh, you Thunderboat guys just want to watch 'em crash.

Date: May 31, 2011 22:06

Edith Grove
Oh, you Thunderboat guys just want to watch 'em crash.

Wow, thanks for the great footage! The good news is that since they staring putting the drivers in enclosed canopies there has only been one fatality (at least in the unlimited division) in the last 30 years. Before that the drivers sat in open cockpits and there were many fatalities. Never like to see a crash, although, I suppose I am in the minority when it comes to public viewing of motor sports.

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: May 31, 2011 22:58

have fun Stonescrow!!!
Enjoy the summer
Byeeee
jeroen

Date: May 31, 2011 23:04

corriecas
have fun Stonescrow!!!
Enjoy the summer
Byeeee
jeroen

Thanks, mate, I will never be too far away.smileys with beer

Posted by: Thricenay ()
Date: May 31, 2011 23:58

Satisfaction
Thunderboat Fever?

I was lucky enough to hear an early mix of the title track. If I heard correctly, the chorus goes: 'I'm the dam and she's the beaver, I'm never gonna leave her, she's the ancient art of weaver, she gives me thunderboat fever.'

Best Stones track in 20 years. Open G tuning, too.

Date: June 1, 2011 00:03

Thricenay
Satisfaction
Thunderboat Fever?

I was lucky enough to hear an early mix of the title track. If I heard correctly, the chorus goes: 'I'm the dam and she's the beaver, I'm never gonna leave her, she's the ancient art of weaver, she gives me thunderboat fever.'

Best Stones track in 20 years. Open G tuning, too.

Step aside, Mick and Keith!thumbs up

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-06-01 00:04 by stonescrow.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: June 1, 2011 07:33

stonescrow
Satisfaction
Thunderboat Fever?

Good Idea!thumbs up

I think I'd prefer something a little more standard, like "Bridges to Thunderboat", "A Bigger Thunderboat", or perhaps "Out of our Thunderboats"?

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: June 1, 2011 07:53

Thunderboats seems to be very volatile. There is this tendency to lift from the water and go airborne all the time. Remember Formula One cars had that problem years ago. How fast do thunderboats travel ( in km/h)?

Posted by: MingSubu ()
Date: June 1, 2011 15:10

Nope. I usually apply the Stones to whatever I'm doing.

Posted by: boynamedsue69 ()
Date: June 6, 2011 04:43

always got the stones cranking at some stage during the day.. but also good to enjoy other music as well... i was a late starter with the stones dirtywork was the first time i took any notice of them but since this time i would ay i haven't gone a day without at least one tune being played everyday..........

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1884
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home