Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: So about the new tour...
Posted by: alimente ()
Date: January 3, 2009 05:59

Loudei
The spectacle has overshadowed the music. The only way back is to strip down the band.

Vocal
Guitars
Bass
Drums
Keyboard
Sax
background singer

right. but I would go a bit further: strip down the band. strip down the venues. play for people who actually recognize the songs if you pull out gems like Let It Loose, Around And Around, Winter, Out Of Time or whatever - and not for people who scratch their heads like "whats this shit, its not on my 40 Licks CD!?!".

Posted by: olorin ()
Date: January 3, 2009 14:23

Dan
jamesfdouglas
The more I think about it, the more I'd likely pass on the next tour if they don't shake it up. I'm not forking out that kind of dough for the Stones again if it is going to be Voodoo Lounge Part 6.

A 24-song 135 min set with more than half the set different than the previous tour? I think I would love something similiar to the Voodoo Lounge tour.

To tell you the truth, I don't really care what they play. I am actually more interested in performance quality than material right now. If they can still pull it off, great. If they are going to play Satisfaction, I want them to really nail it, not just sleepwalk through some half assed version.

Not that it matters, my days of spending a significant amount of cash just for a rock n roll concert are long over. I can get plenty of satisfaction from people who take pride in their work for a lot less money. Not to say I won't be seeing the Stones again, just that it will be on my terms, not theirs.

I'd rather like something like Licks Tour, especially, the US Arena Gig in 2002.

Something like this :
Street Fighting Man / If You Can't Rock Me / It's Only Rock And Roll / Don't Stop / Stray Cat Blues / Wild Horses / Loving Cup / Rocks Off / Rip This Joint / Tumbling Dice / Slipping Away / Happy / Love Train / Undercover (Of The Night) / Can't You Hear Me Knockin' / Honky Tonk Women / Satisfaction / Mannish Boy * / Neighbours * / Brown Sugar * / Sympathy For The Devil / Jumping Jack Flash

22 songs. Interesting B-stage. Warhorses + rare songs. Just great.

Sorry for my english ; I'm a french little boy (but I like it)

Posted by: skipstone ()
Date: January 3, 2009 17:20

They actually played Undercover Of The Night on the Licks tour?

HA HA HA HA! They just won't let that song GO will they!? That and You Got Me Rocking.

So much better to choose from...

Posted by: virgil ()
Date: January 3, 2009 17:42

How did this post that get started again after four years.

Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: January 3, 2009 19:17

jamesfdouglas
A bidyuh-bidyuh-bidyuh-bidyuh-that's all folks.

Always thought it was "a-bi-dee, a-bi-dee, a-bi-dee - that's all folks!" Will have to dig out my WB DVDs... grinning smiley

Posted by: keefed ()
Date: January 3, 2009 21:46

buffalo7478
I am enjoying seeing a lot of great blues bands and upcoming akternative bands working hard and playing their hearts out for $20 or less most nights...and loving it. Bands that play with passion like the Stones once had. Now they are more Vegas and spectacle than anything about passion.

It seems that you have never managed to see the Stones live.

Posted by: JumpingKentFlash ()
Date: January 4, 2009 10:20

keefed
buffalo7478
I am enjoying seeing a lot of great blues bands and upcoming akternative bands working hard and playing their hearts out for $20 or less most nights...and loving it. Bands that play with passion like the Stones once had. Now they are more Vegas and spectacle than anything about passion.

It seems that you have never managed to see the Stones live.

Agree Keefed. Good answer too.

JumpingKentFlash

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1738
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home