Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12345
Current Page: 5 of 5
Re: Newark travel and pre/post show info
Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: December 5, 2012 13:48

angee
chriseganstar

I'm hoping we can all hook up at the Dinosaur or Brick City Bar & Grill beforehand......don't know where Paulywaul & BV are going to be yet ?

Yeah, where? This is like herding cats, huh?

Looks like i'm staying at Courtyard Marriott downtown Newark for Thursday through Sunday...
Where are we meeting up?

I like your idea, latebloomer of possibly meeting Friday nite too.

Chris, just sent u an e-mail with my contact details. seems like it's either the Dinosaur or the Brick City Bar & Grill, don't know which ? But if we're all in contact with each other, we can meet up at any rate, and take it from there - OK ?

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: December 5, 2012 16:27

Flying to Newark today!!!

Alas, it's for work sad smiley

Posted by: BustedButton ()
Date: December 6, 2012 06:45

I'll be there 12/15. Am I the only one who is not watching the complete London shows due to the fact that I am going to 12/15 in Newark? I want to arrive at the show with zero expectations, or literally, "no expectations". I haven't listened to certain songs from London because I want to be surprised. For example, have not listened to YCAGWYW with the choir. The first time I hear it, I want it to be in newark (if possible). I followed IORR during a Bigger Bang Tour, and I pretty much knew exactly what they were going to play when I saw them in Austin, TX. It didn't hurt the show, but I wasn't surprised when they played Sway b/c I knew they already played it on the tour. My point is, I really appreciate everyone's posts, but I'm going to lay low for a while b/c I want to have the element of surprise for the PPV show (live). If anyone, who doesn't have access to the PPV, wants me to record some songs on my cell phone, please let me know. Ill try my best. The camera work may not be great and there may be some tears on the lens.

My take on Newark: I'm from the east coast, USA, and from what I know about the area, you'll be fine and enjoy the concert experience. Try your very best to stay in New York City, not in Newark. Newark is not safe when you stray far away from the arena, but you are safe within the immediate surroundings of the arena. In other words, don't go wandering around like a drunken buffoon after the show. Anyway, try to stay (sleep/party the night away) in NYC, mostly b/c it's more fun and there isn't a lot to do in newark. NYC is not far away -- that's why they are having the show in Newark.

Posted by: BustedButton ()
Date: December 6, 2012 06:53

Also, for those of you staying in NYC on 12/15, there is an event called Santacon going on in Manhattan. Basically, a large gathering of people dress up as Santa and get together for a giant bar/pub crawl, making it one of the world's largest gatherings of "Santa Clauses." It is a lot of fun, and everyone is welcome as long as you dress like Santa, or an elf, or a reindeer. Be creative, everyone is welcome. Be sure to google "santacon" for pictures and info. I've never been to the event, but I am going before the show this year, and it is supposed to be a blast. Hope to see some people at the Dinosaur or brick City. I may be wearing a Santa Outfit...

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: December 6, 2012 15:57

BustedButton
Also, for those of you staying in NYC on 12/15, there is an event called Santacon going on in Manhattan. Basically, a large gathering of people dress up as Santa and get together for a giant bar/pub crawl, making it one of the world's largest gatherings of "Santa Clauses." It is a lot of fun, and everyone is welcome as long as you dress like Santa, or an elf, or a reindeer. Be creative, everyone is welcome. Be sure to google "santacon" for pictures and info. I've never been to the event, but I am going before the show this year, and it is supposed to be a blast. Hope to see some people at the Dinosaur or brick City. I may be wearing a Santa Outfit...

Thanks for the tip BustedButton, sounds like a lot of fun. I'll be there for the 15th, staying at the downtown Newark Marriott Friday and Saturday night. Hotels in NYC are much more expensive for those nights and I want the convenience of getting to and from the arena easily for the concert night.

But I do plan to spend the day on Saturday in NYC (my daughter lives near Madison Square Garden) so I'll bring some Santa hats and maybe we'll check out the Santacon.

I was hoping they would extend the Stones exhibit at MOMA through the weekend, but right now it's supposed to end on Friday. For those coming in Thursday and stayin through Sunday, you may want to check out that exhibit on Friday.

Taking the train up from DC to Newark Friday evening and I don't want to stray too far from the Marriott that night, so if there are any gatherings near the Pru on the 14th, let me know!

Goto Page: Previous12345
Current Page: 5 of 5

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1723
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home