Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12345Next
Current Page: 4 of 5
Re: Newark travel and pre/post show info
Posted by: stonesfrkk ()
Date: November 22, 2012 01:56

yea chriseganstar, I think i'm staying at the Marriot Newark Airport i'll split the cab fare with you! costum55 said it's only a 10 minute cab ride i guess that would depend on what time we leave but probably early i'm meeting some iorrian's before show so I don't know where everybody's going to hook up and drink some beers but i'm sure we will figure that out closer to show!

Posted by: chriseganstar ()
Date: November 22, 2012 02:24

stonesfrkk
yea chriseganstar, I think i'm staying at the Marriot Newark Airport i'll split the cab fare with you! costum55 said it's only a 10 minute cab ride i guess that would depend on what time we leave but probably early i'm meeting some iorrian's before show so I don't know where everybody's going to hook up and drink some beers but i'm sure we will figure that out closer to show!
e-mail me on chrisandpam.egan@btinternet.com and I'll send my cellphone number so we can meet up.

Satisfied since 1976

Posted by: carlostones10 ()
Date: November 22, 2012 02:46

I am very happy. The Brazilian Multishow Channel will broadcast the show live to Brazil!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by: stonesfrkk ()
Date: November 24, 2012 07:17

chriseganstar
stonesfrkk
e-mail me on chrisandpam.egan@btinternet.com and I'll send my cellphone number so we can meet up.
OK I sent you an e-mail

Posted by: mickjagger1009 ()
Date: December 3, 2012 06:46

Are we set on the Dinosaur BBQ as the meeting place for the show?

"You'll be studying history and you'll be down the gym. And I'll be down the pub, probably playing pool and drinking."

Posted by: MingSubu ()
Date: December 3, 2012 08:33

6pm correct?

Posted by: backstreetboy1 ()
Date: December 3, 2012 09:05

dinosaur is it,ill be there at 5 pm

Posted by: tony ()
Date: December 3, 2012 15:14

Brick City Bar and Grill. Right next to arena. Hot spot before Devils games. Perfectly fine and safe place to meet, drink and eat.

Date: December 3, 2012 15:42

Which is it guys?

Posted by: custom55 ()
Date: December 3, 2012 15:46

stonesfrkk

Just to qualify the times from the Marriot... For the Thursday show there will be more rush hour traffic so give yourself more time. For the Saturday show... 10 mins.

Posted by: rogerriffin ()
Date: December 3, 2012 17:26

its good to be anywhere
JaIsNotDead
NYC resident here. Where is all this mass hysteria coming from? You people will all be perfectly ok. People have been going to NJ Devils and formerly NJ Nets games for years. Newark is fine. You are all making it seem like the shows are taking place in Baghdad.
No offense but Newark does not have exactly the safest reputation. IMO It's alot differant for locals (from NJ and NYC) going to a Devil's game; local people are far more familar with the area, transportation systems and in's and out's of who/what/where to avoid. Plenty of people will be coming from other states and country's. When going to a potentially unsafe area that I've never been (i.e. Newark) I try to get as much information on the front end rather than finding out the hard way.

What do you mean "Newark does not have the safest reputation"?

Unsafe in which sense? i´m going from Mexico City and i think all in States is safest than here...

Posted by: waaghals ()
Date: December 3, 2012 18:02

Until what time are trains going from Penn station Newark to Penn NY after the concert?

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: December 3, 2012 18:20

Why is there no thread about Saturday's Brooklyn show? confused smiley

Date: December 3, 2012 18:56

waaghals
Until what time are trains going from Penn station Newark to Penn NY after the concert?

this question is very very important whom need travel to New York after the show,,,

Posted by: benstones ()
Date: December 3, 2012 19:01

rogerriffin
waaghals

this question is very very important whom need travel to New York after the show,,,

I'm wondering the same question!! Is there a lot of trains or it's like every hours???

Benjamin.

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: December 3, 2012 19:58

benstones
rogerriffin
waaghals

I'm wondering the same question!! Is there a lot of trains or it's like every hours???

Yes, can someone in America PLEASE answer it, thank you

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Date: December 3, 2012 20:00

71Tele
Why is there no thread about Saturday's Brooklyn show? confused smiley

Because you and I are the only ones going, and two people alone cannot justify a thread ... winking smiley

Date: December 3, 2012 21:15

paulywaul
benstones
rogerriffin
waaghals

F**k it, I'll answer it myself ........

[www.njtransit.com]

Date: December 3, 2012 21:45

Thanks Paulywaul, this means last train to NYC from Newark Penn Station at 2.10am

Re: Things To Do In Newark
Posted by: tony ()
Date: December 3, 2012 22:44

Brick City Bar and Grill. Perfectly safe and right next to the arena. Hot spot before all Devils games. Perfect place to meet, eat and drink before show and you're right across the street. The area around the arena is perfectly fine during an event.

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: December 4, 2012 01:08

It seems like many are coming in for the 12/13 show and staying through Sunday to see the concert on the 15th. Might want to plan to meet up Friday night, maybe to hear some music somewhere. Tons of great clubs in the area.

Posted by: fredlynn19 ()
Date: December 4, 2012 01:16

staying at double tree hilton by airport. any bars there to pre party at or should we just get over to the arena area to pre party?

Date: December 4, 2012 01:19

rogerriffin
Thanks Paulywaul, this means last train to NYC from Newark Penn Station at 2.10am

Great! The show can be longer than the London's shows grinning smiley

Benjamin.

Posted by: chriseganstar ()
Date: December 4, 2012 01:22

stonesfrkk
chriseganstar
stonesfrkk
OK I sent you an e-mail
Must have gone into my spam filter... can you send it again? I'm hoping we can all hook up at the Dinosaur or Brick City Bar & Grill beforehand......don't know where Paulywaul & BV are going to be yet ?

Satisfied since 1976

Posted by: waaghals ()
Date: December 4, 2012 01:27

paulywaul
paulywaul
benstones
rogerriffin
waaghals

F**k it, I'll answer it myself ........

[www.njtransit.com]

Thanks Paulywaulthumbs up

Posted by: angee ()
Date: December 4, 2012 01:46

chriseganstar

I'm hoping we can all hook up at the Dinosaur or Brick City Bar & Grill beforehand......don't know where Paulywaul & BV are going to be yet ?

Yeah, where? This is like herding cats, huh?

Looks like i'm staying at Courtyard Marriott downtown Newark for Thursday through Sunday...
Where are we meeting up?

I like your idea, latebloomer of possibly meeting Friday nite too.

~"Love is Strong"~

Date: December 4, 2012 01:54

I'm staying at the Ramada, at the airport, 7th thru 14th. The place got so so reviews, but I just need a bed at night. Plan on headin to NYC each morning and do the tourism thing. I'd be willing to share a cab from Penn Station after the 8th and 13th.

Just picked up the Lion King tickets for Sunday. Should be cool, meeting some family that is visiting for the day.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-12-04 01:55 by MingSubu.

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: December 4, 2012 02:13

BV will make an announcement when we get closer to the date and we will all dutifully make the pilgrimage to wherever he is. grinning smiley

Posted by: angee ()
Date: December 4, 2012 05:52

Sure, wait for BV?

Just learned from someone who went to check it out that Dinosaur may be continually crowded,
so maybe Brick City would work better.

~"Love is Strong"~

Date: December 4, 2012 08:18

For the people who want to hear the Stones from outside:

It could well be, that the Stones are rehearsing for the three US shows at SIR studios in NYC, 25th street. When we know for sure, I'll of course let you know. Chuck Leavell is in NY right now already.
We still have no information on whether the Rolling Stones will join the 12/12/12 concert for Hurricane Sandy Relief - I personally conider a short two or three song set well possible.

Information from Stonesnews.
[stonesnews.com]

Benjamin.

Goto Page: Previous12345Next
Current Page: 4 of 5

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1985
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home