Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 2 of 4
Re: TRabendo, Mogador and...Trianon ?
Posted by: jpasc95 ()
Date: October 27, 2012 16:56

gotdablouse
jpasc95
Frankly, without being unpleasant, I doubt of the Olympia venue cos they're not ready to play there. They're not warm enough to do it.

Dude, WTF are you talking about?! I also don't want to be unpleasant but if you'd been lucky enough to have spent an hour within spitting distance of the band you would have zero doubt that they can pull it off at the Olympia easily. I mean it's not like there were any train wrecks or too many bum notes, right? If anything Ron and Keith will have more room to stretch their legs.

Anyway like Pie1 says, the natural step up from Trabendo (700), Mogador (1200 ?) on the way to the O2 (18000 ?) would be the Olympia (3000 ?), again not that they need it I think but it would just be a step up to build their confidence, if they need it I'm ok if they add the Zenith too ;-) Having said that, there might be problems during the Mogador show that would require some adjustments, honestly I doubt it.
Hey Dude, if they do Olympia early November, they will have to play 1h30 minimum.
And above all when yo play at Olympia and that you are a band like the Rolling Stones you have to be well prepared and I'm not sure that Keith is.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-10-27 17:08 by jpasc95.

Posted by: riffraff2 ()
Date: October 27, 2012 17:14

Hello,

I'm just new on this forum but I follow it for some years now.
I was in queue for the Trabendo show but with number 172, I was too late.

Now if the band will play at l'Olympia on November 1st, I don't want to miss out this one.

I saw they are some parisians here, so with some organization we can propably make something good for everyone ? (cellphone, email, ...)

Are you in ?

David

Posted by: Sister Marie ()
Date: October 27, 2012 18:31

gotdablouse
I see your point, but then it's going to be for people who live in Paris and who can queue up then and for much longer (it's colder too now) than at the Virgin with the number of seats (McCartney in 2007 was crazy, 8+ hours). Not sure it's a lot fairer than "preserving" the "old fans" who probably can manage enough internet to buy a ticket online, give them some credit ;-)

Eventime's site was fine the other day for the FB pre-sale for the O2 shows, not sure they can sell in France or if there are French equivalents though.

Bon tant pis, en français grinning smiley
Je ne voulais pas dire que les "vieux fans" s'y connaissaient moins en vente internet, mais que les gens étaient de nos jours plus réactifs avec les ventes online, donc gros rush sur le site de vente, avec souvent impossibilité totale d'achat, et sentiment d'impuissance devant un écran. Il n'y a pas si longtemps je pensais le contraire, mais quelques ventes impossibles plus tard, j'ai changé d'avis...
A propos des billetteries anglaises, elles rajoutent de grosses taxes, contrairement aux françaises. winking smiley

Posted by: gwen ()
Date: October 27, 2012 18:45

The Olympia website is under-sized for such events (as is their phone sytem), but Ticketnet and Billetel can handle those big things perfectly.

If this happens this way, I hope the Stones will force the Olympia to use a proper ticketing system.

Posted by: phd ()
Date: October 27, 2012 18:50

Olympia November 1st is still open.

Date: October 27, 2012 18:55

Neither website can handle a lot of people connecting at the same times.
Ticketnet and France Billet are always down when a big event is scheduled !

Date: October 27, 2012 19:01

riffraff2
Exactly, I also experienced that sad smiley

Posted by: olivier33 ()
Date: October 27, 2012 19:39

razorback9200
phd
And it's written : " Programmation en cours". or " Show to be announced".

It's always like that even if nobody plays and the venue is closed.

I agree with Pie1 = not very much people to buy tickets at champs elysees.

It would be a marketing disaster if the show is not sold out !

I remember on 1999 for Shepherd bush empire, I queued all nigth,
had my ticket on the morning, and could have a second one because so
few people queuing when i was out !! . Obviously, venue was sold out, but not so fast.

Posted by: olivier33 ()
Date: October 27, 2012 19:40

Pie1
Olympia would make plenty of sense, but they would have to announce it earlier if they want to fill it up. There weren't 2000 people on the Champs Elysées Thursday morning.

this is the message I was talking about, i comltly agree.

Posted by: ChavaBloc ()
Date: October 27, 2012 22:14

riffraff2
Hello,

Now if the band will play at l'Olympia on November 1st, I don't want to miss out this one.

I saw they are some parisians here, so with some organization we can propably make something good for everyone ? (cellphone, email, ...)

Are you in ?

David

I'm in too!
I missed the show on Trianon, so I don't wanna miss the next for any reason!

Posted by: monkeymantoo ()
Date: October 27, 2012 22:28

L'Olympia - that would be great. Fans in London too would have a chance to join you wonderful French fans. Let's hope they do this one.
This would be chance to move up and get ready for the O2 - yeh....
I'm ready to go. Keep posting good leads.

Posted by: Honestman ()
Date: October 28, 2012 02:12

My thoughts after having watched all the french reports on the Trabendo Gig...

- La mafia parisienne du showbizz s'est fait plaisir .
- Quel plaisir d'entendre Henri Leconte nous parler des Rolling Stones
( coup de bol , on a échappé à Nagui )
- Raphael a dit et c'est très important qu'il était déjà allé les voir mais que c'était plutôt mauvais, au Trabendo c'était mieux, ici encore , on est content pour lui, et j'aimerai quand même savoir combien de fois il est allé les voir et surtout quand ?
- Les jeunes cons avec des têtes de fils de bobos qui fièrement avouent avoir truandé en connaissent autant sur les Stones que moi sur la physique quantique .
- le buzz des journalistes qui dans l'ensemble s'accordaient tous à dire que c'était la soirée à ne pas manquer et que manque de bol tous n'ont pas pu y aller... pas assez d'invitations sans doute.
Bien pathétique et risible au final.

Sorry I couldn't say it in english without mistakes.

HMN

Edited 5 time(s). Last edit at 2012-10-28 02:09 by Honestman.

Posted by: damnation ()
Date: October 28, 2012 11:58

ChavaBloc
riffraff2
Hello,

Are you in ?

David

I'm in too!
I'm in as well. Stay tuned! We might miss the next one though.... (Mogador will be difficult)

Date: October 28, 2012 12:16

Honestman

- Raphael a dit et c'est très important qu'il était déjà allé les voir mais que c'était plutôt mauvais, au Trabendo c'était mieux, ici encore , on est content pour lui, et j'aimerai quand même savoir combien de fois il est allé les voir et surtout quand ?
- Les jeunes cons avec des têtes de fils de bobos qui fièrement avouent avoir truandé en connaissent autant sur les Stones que moi sur la physique quantique .
- le buzz des journalistes qui dans l'ensemble s'accordaient tous à dire que c'était la soirée à ne pas manquer et que manque de bol tous n'ont pas pu y aller... pas assez d'invitations sans doute.

Tu m'as bien fait rire, je reconnais pas mal de choses que j'ai vues ou lues.
Au sujet des journalistes, j'ai lu quelque part que justement il n'y avait pas eu d'invitations presse (ou très peu), du coup ils ont dû faire la même chose que nous, ce qui explique que j'en avais un devant moi à l'instant fatidique de l'arrêt des ventes au bureau Virgin, et il râlait très fort... et je le comprends.

Posted by: satisfaction2 ()
Date: October 28, 2012 15:32

damnation
ChavaBloc
riffraff2
Hello,

Are you in ?

David

I'm in too!
I'm in as well. Stay tuned! We might miss the next one though.... (Mogador will be difficult)

I`m in, too. I don`t will miss any chance. I will drive by car from Düsseldorf to France (day or night). So I need ca. 5 hours after information to stand in the "ticket-queue"

Date: October 28, 2012 20:36

Great
So now we are 4 in.
Send me an email with your téléphone number, then i will send each ones telephone number to the other.

Posted by: Edith_Grove ()
Date: October 28, 2012 22:12

Honestman

I like it ! But it is not rock and roll, isn t it ?

Posted by: The Worst. ()
Date: October 28, 2012 22:48

satisfaction2
damnation
ChavaBloc
riffraff2
Hello,

Are you in ?

David

I'm in too!

I`m in, too. I don`t will miss any chance. I will drive by car from Düsseldorf to France (day or night). So I need ca. 5 hours after information to stand in the "ticket-queue"

I have to book a flight from Norway, but will do that ASAP when/if a gig is confirmed. I don't want to miss another opportunity to attend an intimate show with the Stones!

Posted by: Honestman ()
Date: October 29, 2012 00:33

Edith_Grove
Honestman

I like it ! But it is not rock and roll, isn t it ?

Spot on Edith spot on winking smiley

HMN

Date: October 29, 2012 12:35

So what are the latest news:
- The olympia was quoted by TF1 (TV) and is free until 1st November (holiday)
- Reims, November 1st. I do not know where does this rumor ...
- Trianon (6 or 10 november)

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: October 29, 2012 13:03

Haven't heard anything new...well except in this Liberation article from this morning where they said that originally the Stones were only planning the private Mogador gig and added Trabendo as a "PR coup" to preempt the bad vibes with that private gig...and the high ticket prices for the 4 concerts.

Posted by: rubytues ()
Date: October 29, 2012 13:24

If they were going to do Olympia on Thursday, somebody must know something?????????

Posted by: aprilfool ()
Date: October 29, 2012 13:28

Honestman

Normal que les journalistes ne soient pas pas, c'était quand meme un gig pour tester le groupe et surtout Keith. Donc si ça foire, on évite un peu les envolées journalistiques.
Beaucoup des ces journaliste ne le sont que par la possession de la carte qui leur donne ce statut, . C'est marrant car l'autre jour, sur FRANCE-INFO, le batteur des stones s'appelait Ronnie Wood...confused smiley

Posted by: eismann ()
Date: October 29, 2012 13:40

Don't want to confuse, but since yesterday there is a hint on GRRR's twitter, showing a place in London with posters at the door saying: GRRR here November 8th.

Anyone recognizing this place?

the greatest rock and roll band in the world - definitely

Posted by: Tajlibar ()
Date: October 29, 2012 13:52

Isn't it just about the release of the new best of ?

Posted by: KentishMan ()
Date: October 29, 2012 14:32

Posted by: ladywilliam ()
Date: October 29, 2012 14:39

@eismann

It's carnaby street Christmas coraboration.

Hope they are coming to the shop for opening or lighting the street.

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: October 29, 2012 15:10

rubytues
If they were going to do Olympia on Thursday, somebody must know something?????????

Outside the Stones' inner circle and Encore Productions assuming they organize the next concerts too, not necessarily, Trabendo management only found out on Wednesday morning it was the Stones they'd signed a contract with. They can set up the stage in a few hours, the truck is ready to roll at all times! Maybe they're waiting to see if tonight's show goes as well as the previous one.

Posted by: gwen ()
Date: October 29, 2012 16:24

riffraff2

Sorry, havent used any of those since 2007 i guess, at least not for bit events. Ticketnet handled the olympia presales ok in 2003 though. Still, both are much better than the olympia web site.

Posted by: ChavaBloc ()
Date: October 31, 2012 13:07

Does somebody have some news about some hypothetical show tomorrow?

Goto Page: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 2 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1729
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home