Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

"Just For The Record" 5-DVD set??
Posted by: IrelandCalling2 ()
Date: December 17, 2004 01:32

Greetings,

I've seen this 5-DVD set on ebay and places like that,is it any good? This "Just for the record" ,does it include band interviews,concert footage? is it worth getting??

Re: "Just For The Record" 5-DVD set??
Posted by: Limbostone ()
Date: December 17, 2004 01:35

Opinions differ on that....

Do a search with the search engine and you'll find it discussed somewhere in the last few weeks and several times this year!

Apperently, there's no Stones musical input worth speaking of, due to copyright issues, but has interesting insights by insiders.

Posted by: mandu ()
Date: December 17, 2004 02:01

i thought it was interesting i found a priate copy here in china for 24yuan very cheap it was not 5 disks it was four

Posted by: BBstones ()
Date: December 17, 2004 02:41

I posted a few weeks ago that I have it and find it interesting from other peoples point of view. 5-DVD set covers 5 decades 60s, 70s 80s 90s 2000 ect.
It is interviews from people close and not so close to the band. Its not great but I am glad that I added it to my collection.

Posted by: fortilix ()
Date: December 17, 2004 11:36

I've got the Japanese edition, VERY expensive but with bonus 6th DVD and a book (in Japanese...!!!)...

Posted by: stonefan ()
Date: December 17, 2004 13:05

Excellent to start learning japanese !

Posted by: Wilson1961 ()
Date: December 19, 2005 16:43

Not brilliant

Posted by: Adrian-L ()
Date: December 19, 2005 17:09

aren't you getting bored of your old "regurgitate year-old threads" game?

..it was funny for about 10 seconds, the first time.

Posted by: Smokey ()
Date: December 19, 2005 17:32

fortilix Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I've got the Japanese edition, VERY expensive but
> with bonus 6th DVD and a book (in
> Japanese...!!!)...

What is on the sixth disc?

Posted by: moonsup ()
Date: December 19, 2005 18:47

a lot of repeated concert clips over the 5 discs , stretchin it very thin at times, but some are great. there is no stones music at all, sort of soundalike rubbish in the background. what anita has to say is interesting, but there's a lot of music journos/engineers repeating themselves. i'd recommend getting it for the interview clips withthe stones tho, and a lot of the press conferences are fun to watch. i picked it up for 30 euro in dublin and not bad for that price.

Posted by: The Worst. ()
Date: December 19, 2005 18:50

It's a great DVD set except one very important thing: There's almost no Stones music at all.

Posted by: LA FORUM ()
Date: December 19, 2005 20:01

On the 70s dvd there is an interview with Keith I think! Can one download it somewhere??

Posted by: SpanishTony ()
Date: December 21, 2005 05:41

Worthwhile if a true Stones fan. Lot of old video footage that you may have never seen before. You will hear some Stones music during live footage but no Stones music played otherwise. They do a good job of presenting the main stories within the Stones history.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: December 21, 2005 05:47

Yeah lots of strange stuff but worth it just to hear Anita's hash-bong cough...plus disc five with the Dust Brothers Briges To Babylon stories are a creamer.

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Mack Jigger ()
Date: December 21, 2005 13:06

The best part of the whole set is the interview with studio engineer Andy Johns. He has some great stories about Nellcote.

I like the Anita Pallenberg interview too. She doesn't give that many interviews, so it's nice to hear what she has to say about the Stones.

As it's an unauthorized documentary there's no Stones music, wich is a pitty.
It would have been much better to squeeze all the good stuff on 2 discs.

Posted by: Bjorn ()
Date: December 21, 2005 13:29

Hello Ireland!

I wish I someday have the pleasure of visiting your beautiful country. But...on with the show...

As you have seen here - posted - it´s a tricky question your dealing with. If you want interesting interwievs with Anita and Mick Taylor (and others) then its a nice thing to have. Do you want the music ? - there´s none. Just a coverband doing what they can to make some imitating (intimidating) noise.

Cheers

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1881
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home