Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123456Next
Current Page: 2 of 6
Re: Tongue Pit
Posted by: straycatuk ()
Date: October 29, 2012 13:31

I'm hoping to do 1 night in the pit and 1 in A blocks. I have some concerns about both with this set up;

How high will the stage be from the front of the pit ? I was watching the Superbowl gig and the tongue seemed to slope down at it's tip, but front of stage was very high. Will people be able to see the main stage from there ? It's a lot of money for a restricted view confused smiley

The front A Blocks will be a lot further from the main stage as they have been placed around the tongue. Will we be looking at the back of the heads of the 300 or so in there ?

Should not have these concerns for the prices they are asking, but the "on-stage" experience of the last tour left a lot to be desired (apparently) eye rolling smiley

sc uk

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-10-29 13:33 by straycatuk.

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: October 29, 2012 13:53

I agree. It's difficult to know what the height of the stage will be and whether the Superbowl version would need to be scaled down to fit the O2. And does anyone know if the outside part of the mouth is likely to slope downwards? Because otherwise, I imagine it might impede the view from the A blocks and they already look as if they are going to be pretty far back from the stage.

On the face of it, there don't seem to be any ideal spots to be in at the O2 as far as getting the best view is concerned. But by the time all this becomes clear on 25 November, it will be too late!

Posted by: stonesfrkk ()
Date: October 29, 2012 23:09

I agree with pretty much everybody here. Sorry i posted my concern for this in another thread earlier bv I should of known this would of been covered. Anyway Yea I'm very concerned as i have access to a pit ticket,and i think it's going to be a nightmare in the pit! I know it's going to be the stage from the super bowl it will fit easally in those arenas. My good friend is in the trade show biz and that's who build's these stages,and it's only 9 cents per cubic foot for storage so that's no skin off the Stones back.They have all there previous stages in a wherehouse. The thing that bums me out is what will the sound be like? because you are under those beautiful vintage twins that Keef has and i love hearing those things max out live it's just the icing on the cake for me. I know what paulywaul is saying i was at both Paris show's FOS and it was only like 120 euro, These GA are 1,853 dollars with all the other BS like buffet dinner etc... I don't know why you just cannot buy a hard ticket and that's it? Because i had access to better ticket imo section 17 row 10 seat 17, but that ticket was'nt hard either you had to buy the silver package which was like 1,335 dollars I mean i was getting 1-3 row's on a bigger bang arena show's and even paying a broker 500 and we all thought that was insane but for me it was worth it. But this stage thing is a whole other animal as far as the sound for me the pit defiantly slant's down because if you look at the footage people at the end of the mouth can almost jump on the stage it seems so being up front is not a place to be and another thing don't plan on drinking unless you plan on draining the vain right there in your cup like i did for the x-pensive winos show at the palldium.lol but i was alot younger i don't plan on doing that anymore. This stage thing just throws a wrench at me personally because if i'm going to shell out the doe I don't want to be disappointed that's a lot of bread man. but all stop ranting the best seat's for the pru show are the section 9,10 and 17,18 low rows period and the numbering for those tickets are if you look down on your row say 17 the numbers go from 1-20 and the higher number seat is towards the stage so 20 obviously is closer to the stage. and on Keef's side it's oposite the 1 is closer to the stage and that goes for all the seating whether it be lodge or upper sec.

One other thing don't get a floor seat on the side of the stage at the corner of the mouth your like 10 feet under the stage that's #@$%@$# brutal. That's just my 2 cents! Let's just toss the dice and Roll with it!!! Keep on Rocking Everybody!!!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2012-10-29 23:13 by stonesfrkk.

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: October 29, 2012 23:32

Do they really have ALL their old stages, when is the LOTUS one from 1975 coming back then, that one was really something based on the pictures I've seen! I doubt they would ship the Superbowl stage to the UK though, although I guess they could. Can't be too hard to build in any case.

You guys are getting me worried with your concerns about the pit, I'm in it on the 25th...hopefully my 6'3" will come in handy there. I must say that having spent an hour about two meters away from Mick at the Trabendo I'm eager to get another taste of that even if it won't be the same of course. Not sure about the sound though, it was terribly loud and nondescript the other day, I think I was just too close, because the sound was better in the crappy video that got taken from the side.

Date: October 30, 2012 00:14

I heard they sold that Lotus Stage to Pink Floyd from my memory i could be wrong though but i'm sure somebody will know on this board.Yea gotdablouse i here ya I went to 40 shows on A Bigger Bang and was never farther back then 7 rows and that 7th row was a stadium gig which was great! The Arena gigs I was mostly 1-3 and i know what you mean it get's addicting!That's why i like the FOS Ticket's in Europe because you can run and get the rail up front for only like 120 Euros.The U.S. is just robbery with all these brokers it should be illegal or at least have a cap on how much over face value a broker can go!

Date: October 30, 2012 00:21

Hey gotdablouse, just look at the you tube super bowl tongue pit and research it to where you would ultimatly like to be in it you will be way up on it, rather then most of the crowd That don't know the in's and out's.That's what i plan on doing if i feel like going through that mess of people it's like a huge mosh pit!lol

Date: October 30, 2012 00:27

I'm sure they have probably got rid of some of there stages but what ever company built them they tear them down at the end of a tour and store them it very well could be in the U.S. that they are stored. It just depends on usually who builds them is where they are stored at that company.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-10-30 00:29 by stonesfrkk.

Date: October 30, 2012 01:40

Could you highlight the spot you think is good on this picture :

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: October 30, 2012 01:52

There isn't one that I can see either inside or outside the pit confused smiley

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: October 30, 2012 02:19

That pit reminds my of a sardine can packed full of sardines.... For fun I even mocked up a picture of a sardine can, to show it, but frankly, it was so disgusting looking (all the little sardine eyes looking at me) that I just couldnt do it... to you all....

Funny thing is, I used to love sardines (on crackers) as a kid, now just the sight of them in a pciture turns my stomach.... eeeewwww that smell.

Date: October 30, 2012 02:21

Beast
There isn't one that I can see either inside or outside the pit confused smiley

I'd tend to say the middle of the pit looks ok ?

Date: October 30, 2012 03:33

Unfortunatly i think Beast might be right, I know one thing no seat's seem to be to intament like it was last tour,which is a bummer but gotdablouse you have that great memory from the Trabendo your very fortunate,that's how everybody want's to see them that is a staunch fan.I think like a third of the way back and depending where the show is going to be take that side more. Like last tour the whole show was on Woody's side pretty much for example I had 2nd row center on Keef's side in Atlanta and I think he only played about 2 song's on his side the whole night is was., H
e left that side empty all night it was a bummer the only cool thing though was there was like a 10 year old boy in front of me with his mom and Keef literally jumped down off the stage and gave the kid a pick right there on the floor the cool thing about it was Keef and i were eye to eye within a hand shake and then out of nowhere he jumped back on stage with his Guitar I could'nt believe what good shape he was in to do that it was like he just hurdled back on the stage like nothing pretty cool shit man.I defiantly have mine too from last tour like everybody else that is a superfan as bv likes to put it. I'm sure we all have had those special times with the Stones in are own little way that is on this board.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: October 30, 2012 03:47

Could you highlight the spot you think is good on this picture :

Sure ...................

ROCKMAN

Posted by: jamesfdouglas ()
Date: October 30, 2012 04:02

Erik_Snow
Does anybody know if they'll be using the same tongue-shaped stage as the Superbowl-one ?

My guess would be yes. I doubt they've had enough time to get a new stage together. THe whole 50th affair seems rushed, rucshed, rushed, thanks for the cash.

[thepowergoats.com]

Date: October 30, 2012 09:43

That SB stag seems to be a tad deep to me for an Arena?

Yeah great memories from the Trabendo, maybe I should stick with them really...

Date: October 30, 2012 16:25

I hope the tongue is lower at the main stage end. They will probably have security all the way around, inside and out to prevent anyone climbing up.

SC UK

Posted by: Limbostone ()
Date: October 30, 2012 17:01

U2 had one of these setups on one of their world tours recently? I'm thinking the Vertigo tour.

That seemed to work out just fine. The Stones stage will probably be something alike, but with a little more stage props and decors.

[www.stufish.com]

Posted by: Limbostone ()
Date: October 30, 2012 17:15

superrevvy

2) More seriously, anybody know how inside-the-heart people at U2's shows got
out if they needed to take a leak or something, during the show?

Well the leak bit is the most worrying thing about having a good spot. With my bad bladder, omg. Imagine having to leave just before or during showtime. Or staying with a full blatter thus spoiling your own fun.

And I'm only 33.

Date: November 19, 2012 19:57

In wanting to get ready for my stay in the pit I was looking at the SB footage and must say I'm a bit concerned by the sheer depth of the pit as seen in the screencap below :

That's really high and even in the middle the view can't have been too good...did they build it that high because there was such a crowd on the pitch and they wanted some security? In theory they needn't worry about that at the O2? So if they reuse the same stage, could they possibly shave off its legs a bit?

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: November 19, 2012 20:05

gotdablouse
In wanting to get ready for my stay in the pit I was looking at the SB footage and must say I'm a bit concerned by the sheer depth of the pit as seen in the screencap below :

That's really high and even in the middle the view can't have been too good...did they build it that high because there was such a crowd on the pitch and they wanted some security? In theory they needn't worry about that at the O2? So if they reuse the same stage, could they possibly shave off its legs a bit?

Ugh shriek............... that CAN'T be right !!!

Shit, if that's really the height of the stage relative to the pit, I'm bloody glad I'm in the lower tiers at the O2 for both nights, f**k THAT for a game of soldiers !!!

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Posted by: Grison ()
Date: November 19, 2012 20:21

I just checked my photos of Bigger Bang and the stage at o2 was fairly low compare to the big stadium stage. It does not help to panic because ofsuch photos. I strongly believe that they will have a different tongue layout. Anyway Sunday night we know more.
Still I am surprised that nothing leaked so far.Before Licks and ABB the Mark Fisher homepage showed some ideas of the stage.

Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: November 19, 2012 20:23

There's no way that's the stage. I'm guess a tongue pit that stretches out about 10-12 rows from the main stage, and only in the middle section. The pit will be great as long as they weren't too greedy and oversold the section.

Date: November 19, 2012 20:34

Don't forget the Superbowl stage had to be high enough to get the Stones and some crew inside it when they were wheeled on.

sc uk

Posted by: benstones ()
Date: November 19, 2012 20:37

SHIT! 5 years that I save money. 5 years now gone in two concerts in the PIT and I almost regreat now. With all the posts here, I'm waiting for a nightmare.

Date: November 19, 2012 20:38

The only reason I can think of why they built it that high at the SB was to provide some crowd control since the whole pitch seemed to be full of people and to prevent people from jumping on the stage. That won't be needed at the O2 since there will be friendly stewards happy to coral the sheep, er fans, on the floor.

It has to be better at the O2 but there will still be a few problems inherent to the design that they will have to deal with, i.e. people standing in the pit vs people seated behind...one option is to raise the tip of the tongue to about 6 feet (it looks like about 8 feet at the Scool smiley but then that will obstruct the view to the rest of the band for the first rows. It's going to be interesting...well I guess everyone will be standing on the floor anyway ;-)

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: rocker1 ()
Date: November 19, 2012 20:44

Who built the Super Bowl stage? Did the NFL pick up the tab on that?

I can't imagine, given Mick's ambivalent attitude towards the Super Bowl performance ("it only worked cause we were already on tour", etc.) that they would've given much thought--and certainly not much $$$--towards the creation of a one-off.

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: November 19, 2012 21:08

When I think of a pit ,I think of something below floor level ,and the SB pit was sure below floor level of where The Stones are playing.I do hope for all in the 'standing area' it will not literally be in a pit. It just wouldn't be fair. confused smiley

Date: November 19, 2012 23:04

Good point, that was a very deep pit though, 8 feet possibly by the looks of it, surely in a more controlled environment and people only standing on the inside a 5ft/6ft would be enough?

--------------

Posted by: TomGreen ()
Date: November 19, 2012 23:07

Buckled and ordered a pair from ViaGoGo sad smiley

Number of Tickets: 2
Price per Ticket: £895.00
Total Ticket Cost: £1790.00
Booking Fee: £268.50
Delivery Fee: £9.95
VAT: £53.70
Discount: -£0.00
Total Charge: £2122.15

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: November 19, 2012 23:26

TomGreen
Buckled and ordered a pair from ViaGoGo sad smiley

Number of Tickets: 2
Price per Ticket: £895.00
Total Ticket Cost: £1790.00
Booking Fee: £268.50
Delivery Fee: £9.95
VAT: £53.70
Discount: -£0.00
Total Charge: £2122.15

Jeez, that's er ...... a helluva lotta ££££££££££££s or $$$$$$$$$$$$$$s or or or or ...

I hope you have one hell of a good time in there !!

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Goto Page: Previous123456Next
Current Page: 2 of 6

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2064
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home