Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 123456Next
Current Page: 1 of 6
Tongue Pit
Posted by: TomGreen ()
Date: October 25, 2012 12:08

What would you suggest the capacity of the standing area within the tongue stage is? Absolutely desperate for tickets within it!

Re: Tongue Pit
Posted by: beepee2 ()
Date: October 25, 2012 12:09

2/300 persons...

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: October 25, 2012 13:36

Maybe 250? But 300 absolute maximum.

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: October 25, 2012 13:39

Does anybody know if they'll be using the same tongue-shaped stage as the Superbowl-one ?

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: October 25, 2012 14:01

The same but a smaller version, no?

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: October 25, 2012 14:01

Okay, thanks - so, not the same then

Posted by: Grison ()
Date: October 25, 2012 14:56

to my understanding Mark Butler Associates had about 30-50 Pit standing tickets for each concert. 100 each have been released via the Facebook thing. So I assume max. would be 250-300. And no chance to go and Pee. Wonderful !!!!

Posted by: flacnvinyl ()
Date: October 25, 2012 15:34

I think the pit is going to be unpleasant. Visibility will be poor considering the stage height. Wouldn't want to be there myself

Posted by: ladywilliam ()
Date: October 25, 2012 16:11

I've jsut counted on Viagogo and GetmeIn for 25th Nov.
Viagogo - 62
GetmeIn - 27

Total 89

Just wonder how many people could get tickets for tongue pit on face value?

Date: October 25, 2012 16:52

ladywilliam
I've jsut counted on Viagogo and GetmeIn for 25th Nov.
Viagogo - 62
GetmeIn - 27

Total 89

Just wonder how many people could get tickets for tongue pit on face value?

And about 43 on Seatwave. However I believe that they do not have most of the tickets in hand and even not confirmed. They try only to get the tickets once somebody buys them. It's a hit and run thing, So I would not cound on that one.

-
Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: October 25, 2012 16:52

-

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-10-28 17:53 by Max'sKansasCity.

Posted by: beepee2 ()
Date: October 25, 2012 17:10

I still havent received my ticket.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: October 28, 2012 07:25

I'm going with 315.

Posted by: J.J.Flash ()
Date: October 28, 2012 07:52

the pit seems like the pits

Date: October 28, 2012 07:59

J.J.Flash

you obviously haven't been to newark.

Posted by: schillid ()
Date: October 28, 2012 08:01

treaclefingers
J.J.Flash

Sour grapes?

Date: October 28, 2012 08:04

schillid
treaclefingers
J.J.Flash

Sour grapes?

with brie perhaps

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: October 28, 2012 12:45

treaclefingers
I'm going with 315.

Same here, wonder why they forced us to pay £10+ for DHL or whatever, it's not like there was a rush, eh !

Thanks for the MB numbers Grison, so we have 130/150 right there, maybe 50/100 more ? I suppose some guests will want to be in there and the band had 150 guest ticks for the Trabendo according to the papers so I suppose they'll have at least as many for the other concerts.

Date: October 28, 2012 13:59

I just had a look at the half time show. It could certainly be that they use this stage. After all it does not look tremendously big within the huge stadium. I assume the tongue out section might be lower while the stage is higher up. So to see most of the concert around you you might want to stand in the middle of the pit. That may give you an moderate overall view. But we can speculate until 25th November about that....eye rolling smiley

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: October 28, 2012 14:32

This reminds me of the guessing games we had in school - how many jelly beans are in the jar? The one who comes closest to the correct number wins a book. We should give out a prize for the best guess on how many people are crammed into the pit. I'll go with 275, if I win I expect a Rolling Stones t-shirt, or something...

Posted by: Harm ()
Date: October 28, 2012 14:35

wish I could've celebrated my 65th concert there

Posted by: superrevvy ()
Date: October 28, 2012 14:41

1) Maybe as part of the O2 Pru Center experience, the pit people get to set up the
stage too, like at the Super Bowl.

2) More seriously, anybody know how inside-the-heart people at U2's shows got
out if they needed to take a leak or something, during the show?

Posted by: lmatth8461 ()
Date: October 28, 2012 20:07

Bit of a price discrepancy for tongue tickets on Viagogo.
Starts around £900, but ranges up to £175,000.
Hmmm...maybe some tongue positions are slightly better than others.

'Tongue in cheek' comes to mind...

Posted by: beepee ()
Date: October 28, 2012 20:36

lmatth8461
Bit of a price discrepancy for tongue tickets on Viagogo.
Starts around £900, but ranges up to £175,000.
Hmmm...maybe some tongue positions are slightly better than others.

'Tongue in cheek' comes to mind...

The tongue pit is the same for everyone, it's standing, so I don't know why are some tickets priced like that.

Posted by: lmatth8461 ()
Date: October 28, 2012 22:42

I know....just pointing out how stupid these prices are.

I get the impression these are the closest, but not necessarily the best in the house.

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: October 29, 2012 11:12

lmatth8461
I know....just pointing out how stupid these prices are.

I get the impression these are the closest, but not necessarily the best in the house.

Yep, I suspect they're not the best either, I'm not convinced that the view from within the pit will be as good as from a good lower tier seat. The other thing is, how packed will it be ? In Paris on the ABB tour for example, the "pelouse d'or" (golden circle) in front of the stage was fantastic, because it was three times as big as it needed to be and everyone had shedloads of space. But that was in Stade de France, which is a massive venue compared to the 23,000 capacity O2 inside arena. Hence I'm wondering how many people they're intending to cram into the pit at the O2 and whether or not as a location from which to attend the show, it really is the big deal it's being made out to be, in some circles at least ?

Thoughts, anyone ?

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Date: October 29, 2012 11:23

Don't forget there is also a restriction for Security reasons. They must have emergency exits also in the PIT and the amount of people is surely limited. So the place will be packed in front of the stage, but not always in the whole area.
I am only afraid of that people are moving forh and back as the Stones may circle arount the tongue cat walk.

Date: October 29, 2012 11:27

Good questions, I guess it might get a bit rough in there, I know it was rough at the Trebando right in the front, didn't move too much but I've never been packed like that before and man was it hot, good thing it only lasted a bit more than hour...I wouldn't have wanted to be 5'3" instead of 6'3" that's for sure.

As a side note, were the "golden circle" tix hard to come by at the Stade de France ? Were they a lot more expensive than the normal GA ?

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: October 29, 2012 11:43

gotdablouse
Good questions, I guess it might get a bit rough in there, I know it was rough at the Trebando right in the front, didn't move too much but I've never been packed like that before and man was it hot, good thing it only lasted a bit more than hour...I wouldn't have wanted to be 5'3" instead of 6'3" that's for sure.

As a side note, were the "golden circle" tix hard to come by at the Stade de France ? Were they a lot more expensive than the normal GA ?

No, they weren't difficult to get at all. I cannot recall exactly what they were priced at, but they certainly were not more expensive than the tiered seats. As compared to normal GA, I don't really know - because I personally would never do normal GA. I am barely 5' 5" (1.65 m), so not really good for GA situations.

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Date: October 29, 2012 12:34

Thanks, I'll go for them the next time then ;-)

About the 02 concerts I wonder if they'll have a separate queue for standing and seats, that would be handy...anyone been to the O2 with a "pit" in place before?

Goto Page: 123456Next
Current Page: 1 of 6

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1770
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home