Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: I don't want non-Stones special guests!
Posted by: BustedButton ()
Date: October 26, 2012 07:02

Sorry, one more post on this thread regarding DMB. If you think DMB stinks, you are most likely putting yourself in the same category as all die hard Zeppelin fans who think the Stones stink. All they hear, by the Stones, is Start Me Up 1,000,000 times on the radio and TV. What I'm trying to say is, if you don't like DMB you most likely wouldn't go to one of their concerts, and if you haven't been to one of their concerts, then you haven't heard or seen the real DMB. You only know the "Start Me Ups" from DMB. Same respect for a die hard Zepellin fan, who doesn't really like the Stones b/c he or she has never heard Exile, or Brussels, or NYC 72', or Star F***** from Love you live (which I'm listening to right now!!! 12-15-12

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: October 26, 2012 07:09

BustedButton
Sorry, one more post on this thread regarding DMB. If you think DMB stinks, you are most likely putting yourself in the same category as all die hard Zeppelin fans who think the Stones stink. All they hear, by the Stones, is Start Me Up 1,000,000 times on the radio and TV. What I'm trying to say is, if you don't like DMB you most likely wouldn't go to one of their concerts, and if you haven't been to one of their concerts, then you haven't heard or seen the real DMB. You only know the "Start Me Ups" from DMB. Same respect for a die hard Zepellin fan, who doesn't really like the Stones b/c he or she has never heard Exile, or Brussels, or NYC 72', or Star F***** from Love you live (which I'm listening to right now!!! 12-15-12

Sorry, your analogy is completely inaccurate (at least with regard to my post). Why can't we just dislike DMB because they are boring and insipid? That's all the reason I need. You're overthinking it.

Posted by: jazzbass ()
Date: October 26, 2012 07:10

drbryant
Just in case anyone hasn't seen it. From the "someone shoot me now" series:

Oh my God that may have been the worst guest appearance ever! Funny thing is JT is hysterical when he's on SNL and the Dick in a Box video.

Posted by: BustedButton ()
Date: October 26, 2012 07:22

71Tele
BustedButton

Sorry, your analogy is completely inaccurate (at least with regard to my post). Why can't we just dislike DMB because they are boring and insipid? That's all the reason I need. You're overthinking it.

No worries, I didn't used to like them either until I heard them play blues music live. Blues and acoustic is what Dave like to do. Same goes for John Mayer ... hell of a blues guitarist, but you'd never know it by listening to his studio work made for teenage girls.

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: October 26, 2012 09:01

BustedButton
71Tele
BustedButton

No worries, I didn't used to like them either until I heard them play blues music live. Blues and acoustic is what Dave like to do. Same goes for John Mayer ... hell of a blues guitarist, but you'd never know it by listening to his studio work made for teenage girls.

Like what you like, it's just music. Lots of people like DMB. I'm just not one of them.

Posted by: Promoman ()
Date: October 26, 2012 10:50

Title5Take1
How about Ringo duetting on I Wanna Be Your Man?

Ringo... Wasn't there an interview where Lennon responded to a question if Ringo is the best drummer in the world, with the words: "He isn't even the best drummer in the Beatles".

Yet his drumming is better than his singing.

Posted by: spain73 ()
Date: October 26, 2012 14:13

Personally, I'd only accept the following...No Beatle around, please.

Dylan / Iggy Pop / Neil Young /Aretha (depending on her health status)

Bands: ACDC (they have played together before) / LedZep (remains).

No Clapton, No Beck.

But Jagger may invite anyone... Madonna, Elton John or Lady GaGa. Oh, my God....

Posted by: donvis ()
Date: October 26, 2012 16:05

The Justin Timberlake thing is hilarious especially when someone throws what looks like a hunk of metal at him and Keith gets mad.

Posted by: GravityBoy ()
Date: October 26, 2012 17:14

jazzbass
drbryant
Just in case anyone hasn't seen it. From the "someone shoot me now" series:

Oh my God that may have been the worst guest appearance ever! Funny thing is JT is hysterical when he's on SNL and the Dick in a Box video.

Wow.

So bad.

So very very bad.

Keith is funny though.

Posted by: leteyer ()
Date: October 26, 2012 17:47

The daugthers and granddaughters were the only invites I've ever liked. I'll go for John Paul Jones, David Bowie or Rod Stewart.

No Christina, Justin, Clapton, Dave M, Bono, Elton, Amy....Just could not stand it.

Funny thing I did enjoyed Mick and the bands he played with in SNL this year.

Posted by: ab ()
Date: October 26, 2012 18:01

The only difference between DMB and DUMB is U!

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: October 26, 2012 20:30

whitem8
I wouldn't mind EC or Jeff Beck, but no lamo contemporary teenie boppers! Please no! Oh and Buddy Guy would be fine as well!

He would. And most ticket buyers wouldnt have a clue who the hell he is.

Posted by: leteyer ()
Date: October 26, 2012 20:38

ab
The only difference between DMB and DUMB is U!

One of those very brilliant people?

Posted by: Midnight Toker ()
Date: October 26, 2012 21:33

I agree. And play ONLY Stones songs and no covers.

Posted by: GravityBoy ()
Date: October 27, 2012 00:44

What about this guy!

He plays guitar.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1413
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home