Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
this is who is paying for these tickets...
Posted by: cowboytoast ()
Date: October 23, 2012 19:28

i just overheard someone in my office say there were going to the shows in Jersey...this is a middleaged...tassle loafered geek who and i quote... 'just likes music'....he's taking his kid along and taking a customer or 2 from the NYC area...i guess to try and impress them to drum up business...i am in NC by the way...

money didn't seem like an object as i suppose the company credit card will pay for this...but i'm not sure of that...and from my pained 3 minute conversation with this dolt i realized that "Grrrr!' is tailor made just for his sort...

not that in any far reach of my imagination do i think there will be some miracle and the shows will be any good...but this still makes me sick...

i can only make myself feel better by saying i don't like hanging out with these imbeciles when i have to...much less during my free time...

i will stay home and listen to Get Yer Ya Ya's Out...

Re: this is who is paying for these tickets...
Posted by: GumbootCloggeroo ()
Date: October 23, 2012 19:34

The Stones really should cater their shows to the alcoholics on welfare.

What's wrong with "liking music"?

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: October 23, 2012 19:37

GumbootCloggeroo
The Stones really should cater their shows to the alcoholics on welfare.

I should be so lucky

Date: October 23, 2012 19:37

i meant that this jackass would be just as happy shelling out money for a Warrant concert...he doesn't know anything about the Stones...

i like music too...obviosuly...this is why i am here...

Date: October 23, 2012 19:43

cowboytoast
he doesn't know anything about the Stones...
Did you ask him?

That's the problem. Too many people are assuming that just because one is rich that automatically means they're not allowed to go to a concert because they don't like the music. They're not allowed to have a good time.

Date: October 23, 2012 19:46

GumbootCloggeroo
cowboytoast
he doesn't know anything about the Stones...
Did you ask him?

That's the problem. Too many people are assuming that just because one is rich that automatically means they're not allowed to go to a concert because they don't like the music. They're not allowed to have a good time.

yes...i referenced this when i mentioned a 'pained conversation'...he's just a twit with money who wants to 'rock out'...i never assumed anything about the guy...he would be a jackass be he rich or poor...

Date: October 23, 2012 19:50

So what if the tickets were 20 dollars each and he bought one because he wanted to "rock out" and have a good time? Would you be upset with him still? Or are you just upset because he can afford to go to an expensive concert and you can't?

Date: October 23, 2012 19:53

Can we get back top the alcohol and welfare...you're onto something there.

Posted by: Mathijs ()
Date: October 23, 2012 19:53

cowboytoast
i meant that this jackass would be just as happy shelling out money for a Warrant concert...he doesn't know anything about the Stones...

i like music too...obviosuly...this is why i am here...

So only 'real' Stones are allowed to go to a Stones concert? Not people who just like music and visiting concerts?

What a bollocks.

Mathijs

Date: October 23, 2012 19:56

GumbootCloggeroo
So what if the tickets were 20 dollars each and he bought one because he wanted to "rock out" and have a good time? Would you be upset with him still? Or are you just upset because he can afford to go to an expensive concert and you can't?

now you are assuming i'm poor...hahaha.....when i paid $28.50 to see them in 1989 it was too much...and i was upset then by their performance...or lack thereof rather...

my point was that probably a lot of guys like this one...with extra bucks to throw around...who are going to the show for the novelty of it...will probably be filling the seats...

oh and i am upset with him for a plethora of reasons...this was just the one that annoyed me the most...it's kinda like if you found some loser kissing your girlfriend....

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: October 23, 2012 19:56

Munichhilton

why can't we use food stamps to buy beer...or even keystone? i never got that...

Date: October 23, 2012 19:57

StonesTod
Munichhilton

why can't we use food stamps to buy beer...or even keystone? i never got that...

and smokes...

Date: October 23, 2012 20:11

cowboytoast
StonesTod
Munichhilton

and smokes...

good point! one of the ways the government could reduce the whole food stamp program is to allow us freeloaders to more quickly drink and smoke ourselves to death.

Posted by: 2000 LYFH ()
Date: October 23, 2012 20:15

StonesTod
cowboytoast
StonesTod
Munichhilton

and smokes...

good point! one of the ways the government could reduce the whole food stamp program is to allow us freeloaders to more quickly drink and smoke ourselves to death.

LOL, there's always another freeloader moving up the ranks!

Date: October 23, 2012 20:22

2000 LYFH
StonesTod
cowboytoast
StonesTod
Munichhilton

and smokes...

but the key(stone) is ensuring we all move quickly through the system and into our graves. speed kills....or something.

Posted by: GravityBoy ()
Date: October 23, 2012 21:28

StonesTod
Munichhilton

Beer is not food.

Except for Guinness.

That's good for you.

Food stamps for Guinness.

That's what I say.

From now on.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-10-23 21:33 by GravityBoy.

Date: October 23, 2012 21:32

Ron has another Guinness.

Date: October 23, 2012 21:35

Rich people should but Guinness for the poor and so rebuild America.

Posted by: tatters ()
Date: October 24, 2012 00:58

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 2012-10-24 06:13 by tatters.

Date: October 24, 2012 01:08

StonesTod
2000 LYFH
StonesTod
cowboytoast
StonesTod
Munichhilton

and smokes...

but the key(stone) is ensuring we all move quickly through the system and into our graves. speed kills....or something.

Keystone is safe and sane "beer". Welfare will need to allow for something a bit more deadly. Otherwise I think you have a platform to run on...

Posted by: Promoman ()
Date: October 24, 2012 01:16

I'm totally missing the point. Please help me understand how cheaper tickets will ensure that only true Stones connoisseurs will attend the concerts...

I know people that are not particularly fond of Rolling Stones music but would go and see them if they are in town and the tickets would be affordable.

So, if being surrounded by true believers is important to you you should applaud the high ticket prices.

Date: October 24, 2012 01:18

Promoman
I'm totally missing the point. Please help me understand how cheaper tickets will ensure that only true Stones connoisseurs will attend the concerts...

I know people that are not particularly fond of Rolling Stones music but would go and see them if they are in town and the tickets would be affordable.

So, if being surrounded by true believers is important to you you should applaud the high ticket prices.

Its a sound argument. Let's wait for the rebuttal...

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: October 24, 2012 01:36

GravityBoy
StonesTod
Munichhilton

Beer is not food.

Except for Guinness.

That's good for you.

That's what I say.

From now on.

It's been a long day at work so far today...a Guiness is a fantastic idea.

I'm pickin' some up on the way home!

Date: October 24, 2012 01:41

treaclefingers
GravityBoy
StonesTod
Munichhilton

Beer is not food.

Except for Guinness.

That's good for you.

That's what I say.

From now on.

It's been a long day at work so far today...a Guiness is a fantastic idea.

I'm pickin' some up on the way home!

Don't do it fingerman, its like drinking a loaf of bread...getcha a nice cold Keystone...its not even beer

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: October 24, 2012 04:52

My 'ticket' will be $44.95, split among a couple friends, for the privilege of 'first row' viewing in high definition on a 60" TV set of a friend on December 15th at 6PM PST. No parking. No going to New Jersey. No $10 beers. No a-hole on a cellphone calling his 'buds' to tell them that "They're playing Midnight F-in Rambler, man!" No jerkoff standing in front of me through every song, loaded out of his mind, screaming, "Rock and Roll!" I'll miss seeing the babes dressed up and smelling fine. But when it's over, after Brown Sugar/JJF/or Satisfaction is played at a million miles per hour, I don't have to shuffle out of the arena and then spend an hour in gridlock just trying to get back on the highway. I can just go to pay per view and watch and episode of Boardwalk Empire. Ah, middle age.

Posted by: 2000 LYFH ()
Date: October 24, 2012 05:11

24FPS
My 'ticket' will be $44.95, split among a couple friends, for the privilege of 'first row' viewing in high definition on a 60" TV set of a friend on December 15th at 6PM PST. No parking. No going to New Jersey. No $10 beers. No a-hole on a cellphone calling his 'buds' to tell them that "They're playing Midnight F-in Rambler, man!" No jerkoff standing in front of me through every song, loaded out of his mind, screaming, "Rock and Roll!" I'll miss seeing the babes dressed up and smelling fine. But when it's over, after Brown Sugar/JJF/or Satisfaction is played at a million miles per hour, I don't have to shuffle out of the arena and then spend an hour in gridlock just trying to get back on the highway. I can just go to pay per view and watch and episode of Boardwalk Empire. Ah, middle age.

Why in the world would you miss that, that's the best part, especially if the bathroom was too crowded on the way out!drinking smiley Also, what's wrong with going to Jersey?

Posted by: RSbestbandever ()
Date: October 24, 2012 05:59

GumbootCloggeroo

Excellent points GC.

Posted by: backstreetboy1 ()
Date: October 24, 2012 06:00

cowboytoast you sound a tad jealous..

Date: October 24, 2012 19:37

backstreetboy1
cowboytoast you sound a tad jealous..

nah just disgusted...

Posted by: micwer ()
Date: October 24, 2012 21:17

Right, because there were only great people in the audience when the tickets used to cost $2...?

A little judgmental, are we?

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1454
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home